It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) = Alien Abduction?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Nice to see an old thread of mine has been resurrected.

I don't think that '___' can explain every event but maybe does explain some of them. I find it interesting that someone who has never had a "real experience" is interpreting the release of a brain chemical as an "alien abduction".

Also, the fact that there is such a strong cultural meme widely dispersed in the population about what aliens look like, how they "act" etc from movies and books, that maybe our brain when it's trying to make sense of some sensory event (either caused by an external factor - thus accounting for groups "seeing/feeling" the same thing - or some internal brain chemistry) may piece it together in a way that reflects the meme that has been previously implanted in our subconscious.

In other words, if "something unknown" is happening in our environment (whether or not we are alone when it happens and whatever its ultimate nature) that our senses can't easily interpret, our brains present the event to our conscious selves as "alien abduction" which we "understand" because of popular culture.

edit: for people asking about clarification on the "discussing drugs" question... It's not a black and white thing. See here for more: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8/25/2007 by Gools]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I had a friend who did '___' once. He told me that he saw two beings that told him to "not come back" and that he was not welcome there.

Pretty scary/intense stuff.

I also think it's interesting that traces of powdered '___' have been found in the Egyptian pyramids.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Gools

I totally got your point, Gools. As a matter of fact, I think you just answered a question for me. I opened a topic called, Inspired by Kinglizard's NDE. a fellow member pointed me here. thank you for the info. That helps answer a lot of things for me. I don't think I will ever totally discount the spiritual aspect of NDE's, but I definitely see the possibilities in my case. Thanx

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I think there is a very large possibility that '___' is the case for SOME abductions... but there is also the thought that maybe it's a kind of lube to release our soul from our bodies temporarily, and we actually get sucked into these different places while doing various things.... I dunno, I have not dabbled too much... but I believe that these drugs are merely a dangerous way to synthetically produce an already naturally occuring chemical, which, if used in the right way (i.e. meditation and releasing it naturally from the brain) can cause us to see into or travel into these different layers of reality.

So, my advice to you is this... if you wanna trip safely, learn to meditate.

You can say that these experiences are just caused by the chemical if it makes you sleep easier at night, OR you can consider that it makes more sense that this chemical has more purpose than just causing random meaningless visions. It is, in my opinion, most likely that the chemical is just a lubricant to facilitate a more complicated experience. Just like there are certain chemicals released that make us wanna go mate, or that make us ingest food. This may be the chemical released into our body that prepares us for connection with our higher states of awareness.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
I'm not advocating the use of drugs but this molecule is apparently made naturally in the body

[edit on 2/21/2006 by Gools]

I hear where your going with the "natural" bit - but before you know it '___' will be illegal for your body to produce!

Your post is of interest, because we have yet to fully understand how the mind works and how all this ties into quantum mechanics, multiverse, cosmology, etc.

Point is, this is only a small point of light that is really a torrent of bright waves that have yet to be revealed. - make sense? oh well.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalienI dunno, I have not dabbled too much... but I believe that these drugs are merely a dangerous way to synthetically produce an already naturally occuring chemical, which, if used in the right way (i.e. meditation and releasing it naturally from the brain) can cause us to see into or travel into these different layers of reality.

agree, it is a pointer beyond itself and any tool is dangerous if the person is not instructed in how to use it. But at the same point, I agree that we do not necessarily need anything external to us to enlighten us.

but seeing as we all have our path, who knows at what level of understanding one may be at and what is needed by them at a given time.

anyway...sorry my post are so obscure in nature, but this topic warrants a lot more discussion as it links to many different areas...connecting the dots isnt that straight forward.

So careful with what is thrown out or accepted (information wise) until a bigger picture formulates.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernDystopia
I also think it's interesting that traces of powdered '___' have been found in the Egyptian pyramids.

Would love the link to this info...sound interesting indeed.
Any word on the potential use in their religious ceremonies, etc and how this may have affected their view on the afterlife? - It would be an interesting read indeed.

Peace

dAlen

p.s. (sorry there are like 3 post back to back, but Im not sure how to link other peoples comments, easily, within one post.)

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I think that the OP maybe right but it would only account for some. For example whenever I get fevers I hallucinate and that can be quite terrifying at times, I've seen some pretty trippy # while I have a fever. Out of the many i've had maybe 4 - 6 of them are kinda abductiony.

My friend is much teh same, when he gets a fever he believes hes the devils child and has been found at 7 30 in the morning dead asleep on his front lawn.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Well I'm surprised this thread has not been shut down yet. We'll see how long it survives. '___' is a fascinating substance. A good book to read is called '___': The Spirit Molecule, so named because the test subjects in the book that were given the '___' injection had profound experiences that ranged from the deeply spiritual to the terrifying. In many cases (the vast majority) the test subjects encountered other beings, many of which fit the common descriptions of aliens (insectoids and grays...). What is most interesting is that all of those who were given '___' swore that what they experienced was not a hallucination, and that it was as real as their everyday waking lives.

One of the most interesting aspects of the experience was the feeling of a powerful rising vibration in the body soon after the '___' was injected. A rising hum that ends when you are ejected from your body. This to me suggests that the subject’s consciousness was sent to a different vibratory level of reality. Their "frequency" was changed so that they were able to see other beings and realities at that vibratory level.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Every human being does '___' nightly. we are all drug attics. It is actually released every night whilst sleeping, giving us our vivid and real seeming dreams. Most people who do '___' are not able to remember much after they do it, the higher the dose the less they remember, just as the crazier the dream the harder it is to remember it. '___' is flooded into the brain during birth and death. There is a secret mystery here, i'm not going to try it out becuae i swore off drugs long ago, just massive quantities of alcohol now.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernDystopia
I had a friend who did '___' once. He told me that he saw two beings that told him to "not come back" and that he was not welcome there.

Pretty scary/intense stuff.

I would like to comment on this. '___': The Spirit Molecule mentions one case in which a subject found himself in a dome of some kind that contained two tall blue entities an a gold cube of some kind that seems to resonate with a very powerful energy. He said that the blue beings made it very clear to him that he was not supposed to be there.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthMagnet
'___', '___', Mushrooms, Marijuana, etc. etc.. etc..

These things will not bring you any closer to the truth.

I could easily myself write:

"The Hallucinator: There and Back again"....

Lets work at fixing reality first, mmmkay?

And WHY did you list cannabis ( marijuana is a racist term from the past) along with a group of powerful hallucinogens? You might as well have finished that sentence with "..beer , milk, water..as far as factual applications go. Cannabis is NOT a halluciogen, it is a mildly psychotropic herb that induces relaxation and other symptoms, none of which are full blown psychedelic experiences: unless of course it is from someones imagiontion and not the herb itself!! Some newbies might get anxious and imagine things if they are unaccustomed to the experience, but NO WAY should cannabis be included in a list of powerful hallucinogens.

Demonizing what God makes does no one any good: if it exists, it is for a good reason: We just need to find out what that is.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
"GOd looked down over his creation on the 7th day ans said, look at my creation all perfect in every way.... Oh my ME!!! I left freakin pot everywhere, i should have never smoked that joint on the third day. Now i have to create republicans!!!!"_ Bill HIcks

Pot's harmless to everyone around it. It only harms the one using it. Dmt is another issue, let's stay on that drug instead of brining others into the spectrum. Dmt is unique because it is naturally occuring, produced by the pineal gland. Is there anyone here who has ever done the drug???

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FremenBlueEyes

I had a natural occuring '___' experience one time. I believe that it was caused partially through the breaking down of adreneline, which I read to be a factor in the pineal gland production of the chemical in some cases.

I had also experienced missing time during/before/or after the release of the chemical into my brain.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FremenBlueEyes
"GOd looked down over his creation on the 7th day ans said, look at my creation all perfect in every way.... Oh my ME!!! I left freakin pot everywhere, i should have never smoked that joint on the third day. Now i have to create republicans!!!!"_ Bill HIcks

Pot's harmless to everyone around it. It only harms the one using it. Dmt is another issue, let's stay on that drug instead of brining others into the spectrum. Dmt is unique because it is naturally occuring, produced by the pineal gland. Is there anyone here who has ever done the drug???

If you want a good description of what happens when you take it, click here:

video.google.ca...

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
FYI Ayahuasca is a mild entheogen(Beta Carboline). When ingested orally '___' is negated by certain enzymes, thats why its mostly smoked.

When '___' is mixed with Beta Carboline and ingested orally those enzymes that would stop the effect of '___' are inhibited by the Beta Carboline so Ayahuasca is an additive that makes '___' work when inbibed orally.

Hope I don't go too far with that explanation. I have a friend who is a Psychopharmacologist and i'm trying to get him on here so he can give us his insight on the alien phenomena that has been documented repeatedly with the '___' experience. He would have plenty to comment on better than my half baked understanding allows.

[edit on 20-12-2007 by carslake]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I have read Rick Strassman's book '___': The Spirit Molecule and would highly recoomend it. Anyone would like this book, he is doctor who looks at things with a completely medical point of view, as opposed to Terence McKenna whom some people see as just an intelligent hippy. It is important to not that not ALL patients in the experiment had "abduction" experiences, but alot of them did.

Also, for some of the people who have shared their experiences and said they only felt euporic and saw pretty colors, there are probably two reasons why. First, and most likely, it could have not been '___' at all but an assortment of other chemicals that are far easier to obtain and almost identical in structure. Second, these patients were INJECTED with a dose medically calculated by a professional using the PURE chemical made my scientists.

Do not go out trying to inject yourselves with things trying to find aliens!!!
It could come from some weird kid in a closet for all you know, and could be a far more harmful chemical then you think.

Since it is a rare thing to find, a lot of people don't know what they are looking for and are satisfied with any hallucinogenic efffect. I am only saying this to warn anyone who is reading this off-topic thread thinking they are going to see aliens or get some sort of answers by going out and looking for drugs. Please don't do anything illegal and potentially harmful to body and mind. The volunteers in Rick Strassman's '___' experiment were chosen because of their heavy experience in psychedelics. Once again, i have never tried, but I have read probably everything there is to read about it and if you are a newcomer to this sort of thing you could really shatter your world.

With that out of the way I would like to reccomend some similar reading.

2012: The Return of Quetzacoatl by Daniel Pinchbeck is a book from last year that discusses more of the psychedelic experiences that he has had (much like McKenna). It is more of a story of the coincidences in his life and how it has led him to his beliefs about shifting consciousness, etc. This is more of an opinion book than Rick Strassman's not to say it isn't very intelligent and well thought out. It talks about psychedelics, crop circles, mayans.

Someone mentioned a new book by Graham Hancock talking about how psychedelics shaped consciousness in humanity etc. There was a book written over 30 years ago by Terence McKenna called "Food of the Gods" that introduces the idea that our ape ancestors began searching cow dung for maggots and came across the psychedlic mushrooms. After experiencing the enhanced senses that come with eating them, the apes went back for more and it eventually became a part of their diet. McKenna suggests this is what sparked intelligent thought, increased sexual prowess, and eventually the male dominance that came from realizing what was really happening during sex. I don't want to summarize the whole thing, but it touches on the topic of other dimensions, aliens, universe, etc. Inspiration for my avatar.

McKenna has written or co-written about a dozen books. If you don't like books there is a ton of audio and website reading material for McKenna, plus if you do some searching you can find alot of his books for free in pdf format so you can stare at your computer screen even longer. He was on Art Bell twice, and I highly recommend at least listening to the first 3 hour interview (I want to say it was in 97). He has a lot to talk about so each interview or lecture touches on the same ideas, but each one will amaze you and get your mind thinking.

Edit: I am providing a link with enough links to streams and downloads to last you a month straight. www.rinf.com...

[edit on 033131p://upThursday by Mushroom Fields Forever]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
'In a 1988 study conducted at UNM, psychiatrist Rick Strassman found that approximately 20% of volunteers
injected with high doses of '___' had experiences identical to purported alien abductions.'

'Are alien abductions just a byproduct of biochemistry?' ............ okay
I kicked some ideas around and gave it some thought and all I came up with is this:

1. Alien abductions are just a by product of biochemistry.

2. '___' can bring about a method of transcendental interaction between
other life forms on a higher plane of awareness akin to the universal mind(see Akashic record... maybe?).

3. The effect of '___' at high dosage delivered intravenously can reach parts of the memory that are effectively blocked when the mind is in it's normal state. So 20% of the people in this study have been abducted.

If it's 1 then were alright. But if we work on the assumption that its not true then we have to consider 2 and 3.
3 as a proposition implies large scale abduction depending on the actual demographic.
Okay I'd be willing to accept 2 a lot easier than 3. Just an idea.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

...and yet '___' is not addictive at all. Rather take '___' than something like '___'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join