It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toledo-Area Men Arrested for Terrorist Activity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
John Smith, Scott Jones, and Mike Adams...er...oops, I mean Mohammad Zaki Amawi, Marwan Othman El-Hindi, and Wassim Mazloum were indicted on suspicion of terrorist activities in Ohio.

WTOL

TOLEDO -- A federal grand jury has indicted three Toledo-area men for terrorist activities. Prosecutors say the three conspired to wage a "holy war" against the United States and coalition forces in the middle east.

According to the indictment from the US Attorney's office, the suspects are Mohammad Zaki Amawi, Marwan Othman El-Hindi, and Wassim Mazloum. The indictment says all three are citizens of the United States, and have been living in the Toledo area.

The indictment also says the three met together many times, and conspired to recruit and train others for a violent jihad against the United States and its allies in Iraq. They also reportedly put together the funding needed for the operation, and collected the equipment needed.

Go feds.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Nice find. I hope that more information can be obtained from these 3 citizens that can assist in finding others who do not believe in the country they live in.

Islam is in prisons, and is a choice for neglected and disenfranchised youths. America should be aware of the change that is occuring and coming if we do not stop the spread of radical Islam.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I wonder if they are as guilty as the hundreds freed from US torture camps without any charges recently...

Skippy you might as well give up with these attempts at invoking anger with your dumb attempts at humour and propaganda... Go read Bush's life story a couple more times, then polish up on the history of your lying half brain dead past presidents and the tactics they employed to trick the average American into believing the daily BS which flows from the whitehouse, then maybe one of your posts will actually recieve more then 10 replies.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by HiddenReality
I wonder if they are as guilty as the hundreds freed from US torture camps without any charges recently...

Skippy you might as well give up with these attempts at invoking anger with your dumb attempts at humour and propaganda... Go read Bush's life story a couple more times, then polish up on the history of your lying half brain dead past presidents and the tactics they employed to trick the average American into believing the daily BS which flows from the whitehouse, then maybe one of your posts will actually recieve more then 10 replies.

As usual, a well thought out and intelligent reply supported by facts and credible documentation. You are a credit to your peers...

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This is going nowhere fast. OK post civilly folks.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

As usual, a well thought out and intelligent reply supported by facts and credible documentation. You are a credit to your peers...

What do you expect when you know your only reason for posting this bs is to try and incite more hatred onto people already victimized to the point of breaking point... Your post has no credible information at all, there are no facts supporting their arrests so why or how can I confront your post with facts to discredit them?

If you are so concerned for the human race, why not start posting the daily murders carried out in your homeland, I dont think any other nation has a murder rate as high as yours considering the stability and wealth of your country... So a few dozen muslim terrorists have commited terrorist acts, how many Americans murder their fellow citizens on a yearly basis?

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Islam is in prisons, and is a choice for neglected and disenfranchised youths. America should be aware of the change that is occuring and coming if we do not stop the spread of radical Islam.

Do people not find Jesus in prison also? This is the most rediculous justification for the hate you spread I have heard you use yet.

And just how do you think we should go about "stopping the spread of radical Islam?" I love how you sneak that "radical" in there the second time around. Dont want to come off as hateful right? So how do we stop it? Drop some more bombs on their homes? Shoot up their neighborhoods? Or should we just finance these things, all the while preaching peace? These things are the reasons we have fanatical Muslims my friend.

Or is it just because they are jealous of our freedom?

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I am not hateful, however YOUR religion is. Don't that I am a good Moslem baloney either.

I am not jealous of a religion that translates into "submission'. I did not sneak anything in either.

Islam in prisons has been a recruiting ground for those who hate the west and truly follow the teachings of Mohammed. This is a place where there is alot of hatred and displaced anger and Islam can direct that hate for it's own gain.

Jesus teaches to turn the other cheek, not kill infidels either, so that arguement is bunk. There have been radical Moslems since 644, loing before the US even existed. Ask the jews of Medina how they felt when his relgion moved in and took over, along with most of the known world by 750 AD.

If you feel like defending men who are going to be tried for attempting to incite terror in the US, move to Gaza and make a difference.

I hope they use whatever means necessary to gain information from these men, and at least they know the US won't cut of their heads.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I am not defending terrorists. I am defending reason. I refuse to believe that all Muslims are terrorists. I am too smart to be spoon fed.

Have you ever been to prison?

What is your frame of reference old man? Fox News?

Turning the other cheek means killing all Muslims because they are all fanatical, American-killers right?

I also believe they should be tried and jailed. They are citizens. If they are found guilty through a fair and just trial, then I say we put their head in a vice until they sing about every bad-guy they know. But you saying that all Muslims deserve this, or deserve death for the simple fact that YOU think they all hate us, is stupid. I hope no one takes any of your confused ramblings with any more than a grain of gun powder.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
We will lose this war. Because no one can see beyond "Blame America First"
we will lose this war.

They started it. We will finish it. Lets talk now about "DOMESTIC SPYING" and how Bush is listening in on everyones calls personally.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
That hits close to home, Toledo is only an hour and a half north of me. There is a big muslim population in that city and there has been investigations going on for a while. They just nailed an Imam up there for funneling funds to known terror orginizations.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
u want to talk about hitting close to home , i am from there. my family still lives in perrysburg, which is home to the biggest mosque in the western hemisphere... and yes there is a large muslim population there. I am not surprised that there were a few who were plotting, just because there are so many.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Or is it just because they are jealous of our freedom?

This tells me you are a Moslem, is that correct? You seem very defensive also. You can also do a little research as to the US fear of recruiting in prisons for terror cells. and You can get rid of the old man bs too, OK? Did you convert so not to become a girlfriend?

I am not sure where turning the other cheek has anything to do with the deaths of Moslems? I do not see Americans in the streets chanting "bomb to Moslems..bomb the Moslems.." , but I know there is tolerance of other religions taught in Christianity and Judism unlike Islam.

I am glad that these men were arrested and hope that the materials in thier residences and on their hard drives helps in other arrests. Seems that the article has been updated as to hte charges, and seems that they had communications with overseas AQ cells. I guess Bush was right about those wiretaps.

I don't know where I have stated that we should kill all the fanatical American killers either.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

They also reportedly put together the funding needed for the operation, and collected the equipment needed, and even travelled together to a local indoor shooting range for target practice.

Prosecutors also say the three communicated by computer with an individual in the Middle East, passing information about potential attacks and terrorist training materials back and forth, as well as communication about potential weapons and targets.

The indictment did not say if any attacks were imminent. Two of the men discussed plans to practice setting off explosives on July 4, 2005, so that the bombs would not be noticed, the indictment alleges. It's not clear if the suspects went through with those plans.

This is an update to the artilce on the site. Whether these guys were Mosles or worshipped satan, i am glad they are off the street.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I agree that it is better that they are off the street. I am PRO-American, not terrorist. I just cannot stand the hateful crap you people spout about something you know little about outside what our media feeds us.

I am also not a Muslim. I am a human, no other affiliation is needed here.

You obviously advocate the annihilation of Muslims, is this correct?

People turn to God, the one God, in prison because they have no where else to turn. When you are cast aside by society for a mistake, it is a very unwanted, hopeless feeling. Islam, or any other religeon, is an escape from this horrible existence.

You dont see Christians in the streets preaching death to Islam because they are too busy dropping the bombs and firing the guns that feed this racial/religeous fire. They share responsibility for this fiasco pretty equally. Where as the "good guys" have high-tech bombs, tanks, planes, etc...The "bad guys" are forced to use IEDs, and 25 year old soviet rifles. What makes your morality so much more correct than theirs?

You have been wayyyyy off on your estimates of me, so allow me the liberty of figuring you out...You are a bitter, old, middleclass, white man, with no other purpose in society other than spewing hate your television or newspapers told you is true. How close to home did I get?
Im willing to wager its closer than you are in assuming I am a former convict-Muslim. I am done arguing with you gramps. I see no point in trying to convince a person so set in their ways that everything that has been stomped into their brain is just one-sided, close-minded, bull.

ImmI gonna have to take another warn here?

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
OK, that's enough of this BS. Stick to the topic, NOW!

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Sorry Intrepid, you have been more than patient...I am done now.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
More on this at CNN

CLEVELAND, Ohio (AP) -- A federal grand jury indicted three Ohio men on terrorism charges alleging they planned attacks to kill U.S. and coalition military personnel in Iraq and other countries.

One of the men, a citizen of both the U.S. and Jordan, is also accused of threatening to kill or injure President Bush, according to the indictment released Tuesday.

All three were arrested over the weekend and were to be arraigned in federal courts in Cleveland and Toledo on Tuesday afternoon, said Assistant U.S. Attorney David Bauer.

Probably just a US excuse to torture Arab looking men...Im sure they will be shipped off to American concentration camps for systematic torture and abuse...

[edit on 21-2-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
I am not hateful, however YOUR religion is. Don't that I am a good Moslem baloney either.

I am not jealous of a religion that translates into "submission'. I did not sneak anything in either.

Islam in prisons has been a recruiting ground for those who hate the west and truly follow the teachings of Mohammed. This is a place where there is alot of hatred and displaced anger and Islam can direct that hate for it's own gain.

Jesus teaches to turn the other cheek, not kill infidels either, so that arguement is bunk. There have been radical Moslems since 644, loing before the US even existed. Ask the jews of Medina how they felt when his relgion moved in and took over, along with most of the known world by 750 AD.

Actually im not a muslim, it just annoys me to hear retarded people speak (or type) crap they know nothing about, and would be scared to say in public.

I Guess your limited education never mentioned the crusades? Why is it you Americans seem to forget all the evil things you are responsible for? You say other countries are uncivil, so why is it your country so rich from its stolen wealth is full of murders? Are most Americans dumb rednecks like Bush? That is not an insult by the way its a question, you Americans in general seem to love to have a "bad guy" to hate, i guess you are just never happy unless your killing some poor group of people.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Thankful the Feds are taking garbage off our streets, arrested for plotting to fight a war against your own country, what a disgrace.
If there's enough evidence for it they should be tried for treason. I hope this sends a message to everyone in the US that plotting to kill our soldiers will only land you in a cell.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join