It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA's Reponse to the Muslims cartoons.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
Sounds like a cheap attempt to show that we dont mind thier religon, it's just the terrorists we hate.Or maybe a way to get votes at election time from a fast growing minority.I Don't know, it's odd to say the least.

Why do you think it is odd? We DON"T mind their religion, we respect all religions.

-- Boat

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This is absolutely disgusting and I just emailed the state department the following:

It is disgusting for the US government to insert itself into the cartoon fray and cowtow to Islamic sentiments over this silly situation. Since when do Muslims corner the market on being offended? The US government responding in this manner only serves to legitimize the position of those Muslims engaged in the destruction of property and murder. We should instead be standing by the Danes as they are actively involved in the war on terror.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I am thinking in about the same line as alot of others.....

that this will somehow get twisted around, and suddenly, well, we'll have to watch what we say or post about any religion, lest we offend....

then it will be that we will have to watch everything we say or post.......again, lest we offend. don't they already have that law on the books....about annoying someone via the internet?

what they want, is their religion leagally protected, but what will they do when others decide that them telling us all that we're infidels, that we're going to hell, that we're sinners, that we need them to lead us to salvation, well, what if we find all that offensive......will our rights to be unoffended stand on equal grounds then?

well, this movie here, it offends this group over here, and well, eating that ham dinner offends this other group over here....football!!! no way, these wives over here are finding it offensive that their husbands are spending so much time in front of the tube while they should be in church...
what?? your baby is crying, this is annoying, shut her up, anyway you can....
don't drive your car down that road, don't whistle that song in line, don't look at me!!!!

your dress is too high, your pants are too tight, TAKE THEM OFF, NOW!!!

sorry, got a little carried away there, but there's alot that could be considered offensive, or annoying, and well, who's to say weather a movie portraying a religious figure in a bad light is more offensive to some than your kids running through the aisles of the store, climbing on my shopping cart, running over my feet, and quite frankly, being a royal pain in my butt while your off drinking coffee in the snackbar within the store??
or your danged car running down the street with the radio cranked and the bass shaking my house at every beat?

talk about hell, this is bringing hell to earth!!!
no thanks, I'd just assume to have to live with your bad habits and irratations, and you live with mine than to go through life afraid to do anything, lest I offend someone, since, well, can't make everyone happy all the time, can we?

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Wow, those people are crazy... millions of $ worth of damage and people being killed over cartoons? These people need to be dealt with. How, I'm not quite sure, but giving in to their wims will only make the matter worse in the long run. Give them an inch, they'll demand a foot... etc.

I just feel bad for the nice Muslims who are made to look bad due to the actions of the radicals.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Now this is another case where i disagree with what the government has to say.

Cartoons are no reason to start violent revolts.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
i guess it would be alright if the new york times had jesus christ with an AK 47 and battle armor gunning down innocent civilians with the quotations "religious wars are jesus fault" . no one would have any problem with that? if prophet mohhamad (sp?) said kill everyone who isnt muslim then please link me to proof of that because i doubt that he said that. he may have said should people threaten you do not avoid violence. because as far as im concerned self defense is fine in my book.

by the way im not justifying the violence thats just been commited past few days, im simply asking people to agree it was definately wrong to say such things so personal simply because of certian extremist actions.

[edit on 6-2-2006 by grimreaper797]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I am deeply saddened that our State Department has made such an idiotic and outrageous statement. We should be siding with our European allies who did nothing wrong, instead we are siding with the extremists who are willing to kill people over cartoons

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
i guess it would be alright if the new york times had jesus christ with an AK 47 and battle armor gunning down innocent civilians with the quotations "religious wars are jesus fault" . no one would have any problem with that? if prophet mohhamad (sp?) said kill everyone who isnt muslim then please link me to proof of that because i doubt that he said that. he may have said should people threaten you do not avoid violence. because as far as im concerned self defense is fine in my book.

by the way im not justifying the violence thats just been commited past few days, im simply asking people to agree it was definately wrong to say such things so personal simply because of certian extremist actions.

[edit on 6-2-2006 by grimreaper797]

is it wrong to insult others beliefs in this way.......ya, on the same level as it is for me to sit here and state that it is wrong for business to pay hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars for the upper management while paying such low wages to many of their other workers that they are having to recieve handouts from the federal government to feed and shelter themselves and their families.....

it would be nice it people would respect others enough not to do things that deeply hurts or offends them.......just like it would be nice if businesses once again felt the need to actually pay a wage that paid for the daily bread!!!

this isn't a perfect world in either case. but, let me ask you this....who reallly offended the prophet? those cartoonist who drew what in fact they saw as truth in their heart? or those extreme islamics who have worked so hard to make this image of the prophet the truth???

and well, why is there so little outrage in the islamic communities when it comes to the beheading of innocent victims shown on their tv, or the image of planes bringing down the world trade center, all done in the name of their God. this is what has degraded their prophet, a few cartoons wouldn't have that kind of power. a few cartoons, that, by the way, I wouldn't have ever seen, if they hadn't taken to burning down embassies over them!! all in the name of God, and their prophet, of course!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

if prophet mohhamad (sp?) said kill everyone who isnt muslim then please link me to proof of that because i doubt that he said that. he may have said should people threaten you do not avoid violence. because as far as im concerned self defense is fine in my book.

ok, here it is with an english translation and the original text.

. Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

Excepted from.
www.islamicity.com...

Original copy.
www.islamicity.com...

That's one of the teachings that can be found in the Q'uran and that does tell believers to kill idolaters, or those that do not believe in the Q'uran or the prophet.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
hey maybe thats the whole purpose of the terrorists, to destroy the middle eastern way of life. to make it look violent and such so that we can do exactly what weve been wanting to do. they are former CIA so make the connection maybe.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
So......
I guess that all those people who were out CELEBRATING (as opposed to PROTESTING), when the world trade towers were hit were all CIA oparatives??

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   

hey maybe thats the whole purpose of the terrorists, to destroy the middle eastern way of life. to make it look violent and such so that we can do exactly what weve been wanting to do. they are former CIA so make the connection maybe.

No.... The CIA did not exist when the q'uran was written, here is another part of the Sura where you can see exactly the oposite to what you were saying.

5. But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, an seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

Excerpted from.
www.islamicity.com...

Which is what Osama offered the U.S., to convert into Islam or suffer the consequences, then 9/11 happened.

[edit on 6-2-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The sad fact is that if this cartoon was a portrayal of "jesus gunning down innocent civilians" or heaven-forbid, about the [whispers]jews[/whispers], the editor and cartoonist of this newspaper would have been fired.

The US State Department is not protesting the right of free speech, but is protesting that numerous other European newspapers refused to display tact, responsibility, and humility in reprinting these cartoons over and over again for no other reason than to taunt and infuriate Muslims.

Of course that is not illegal to do and it shouldn't be, but the continous reproducing of these cartoons did nothing more than continue to incite hatred and religious prejudice against a significant group of the world's population. And in return, we see hatred and national prejudice being displayed by extremist Muslims.

And like I said, if these were religions of any other in Europe, there were would be mass firings of newspaper/media staff for acting in such an immature manner.

There are plenty of people denouncing the violence that extremist Muslims are causing, but not enough want to show respect for the rest of the Muslim population that considers the continous republication of these drawings disrespectful. Is there really nothing better to do than to continuously taunt the 2nd largest world religion?

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   

i guess it would be alright if the new york times had jesus christ with an AK 47 and battle armor gunning down innocent.....

I understand what you're saying... that we should be respectful of other people's religions... yeah that's cool and all, but I didn't see Christians killing and burning things down when that movie "Dogma" came out.

Getting upset is one thing... but a certain demographic to be taking their anger out in this manner is totally wrong.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Lets make them all marters or heros or whatever because I am sick of them. At one point I thought they may have a point and maybe we are holding them back somehow, but I have come to the reality that these people will not be happy until they control the world and then they will still fight and kill each other. Let them live their fantacy like Mohamid and they can all be pedophiles and Marry 9 year old girls just like their religious leader. You would think they were Catholic or something always wanting virgins.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
no but most likely they are happy it happened, im not saying they or any of them did it. but let me ask you this. if some one were out to get you and some other party got that person before they got you, would you rejoice they were hit since they are your enemy? going out on an extreme limp id say dont trust media in general because theres just so much that can be made up. lol like a realistic version of the movie 'wag the dog' where they just BS the entire thing.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The USA's response is normal......

now, killing over a cartoon is just unacceptable.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
I understand what you're saying... that we should be respectful of other people's religions... yeah that's cool and all, but I didn't see Christians killing and burning things down when that movie "Dogma" came out.

Getting upset is one thing... but a certain demographic to be taking their anger out in this manner is totally wrong.

lol yes but dogma wasnt offensive, at least not to anyone i know. i dont really see what is offensive about it. two angels went bad and tried to end existance but god saved everyone...wheres the insult?

the way they are displaying their anger is wrong but you think they can be heard any other way anymore?

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   

no but most likely they are happy it happened, im not saying they or any of them did it. but let me ask you this. if some one were out to get you and some other party got that person before they got you, would you rejoice they were hit since they are your enemy? going out on an extreme limp id say dont trust media in general because theres just so much that can be made up. lol like a realistic version of the movie 'wag the dog' where they just BS the entire thing.

so, those thousands of people in the world trade center, they were all "out to get the muslims"???.....even the the ones that were muslims???

come on!!!

they were ordinary people, living their life.....
and no, I don't see all those innocent Iraqis and Afghanis that are being blown to bits by our bombs as all "out to get me" and I really wish there was a way that the whole situation could be difused.....
unfortunately, it seems like sanity has taken a vacation from planet earth!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

5. But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, an seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

Excerpted from.
www.islamicity.com...

Wow, that's strange then that extremist Muslims are upset with Christians too, after all Christians aren't Pagan are they? Christians & Jews aren't considered infidels either? Weird!!??

You and many others continue to deny the socio-politico-economic factors that go into these conflicts, simply because it's easier just to say, "it's religion." I truly hope and am sincere that one day, people can at least try to research the major factors of such conflicts.

You can go to Christianity also if you want and see the numerous instances where people were subjected to slavery or killed everyone who refused God.
Example, 2 Chronicles 15:12-13. Of course because of this Jews and Christians aren't inherently evil, no more than Muslims for saying the same about people who refused Allah (God).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join