It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA's Reponse to the Muslims cartoons.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   
US sides with Muslims in cartoon dispute

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States backed Muslims on Friday against European newspapers that printed caricatures of the Prophet Mohammad in a move that could help America's battered image in the Islamic world.

Inserting itself into a dispute that has become a lightning rod for anti-European sentiment across the Muslim world, the United States sided with Muslims outraged that the publications put press freedom over respect for religion.

R ead the rest of the article.

I don't know where this thread belong wither in this section or US Politics section.

As for my comments about this.

If this is true, then this is the most outragous article I have ever seen. Not only siding with the muslim extremists but with a matter of free speech issues . Oh my god man there is no limit to my anger about this situation.

I also belive that this is the most ultra far left(not as in democrats vs. republicans) response I have ever seen from the US Government.

I also noticed that the media outlet has not even coverd this article.

Does anyone find this surprising?

[edit on 4-2-2006 by SuperTrashCan]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Sounds like a cheap attempt to show that we dont mind thier religon, it's just the terrorists we hate.Or maybe a way to get votes at election time from a fast growing minority.I Don't know, it's odd to say the least.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Does anyone have a link to the cartoons that started these riots? It would be nice to see what the fuss is over.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
They are political cartoons and to supress them would be
an infringement upon free speech. The whole point of
political cartoons is to tell a truth as the cartoonist sees
it.

If the Muslims don't like the 'truth' told in the cartoons then
they need to stop terrorism and support of terrorism so that
people won't make these cartoons anymore.

Also - the Muslims are upset that a drawing of Muhammad was
made. Apparently it's against their religion to do this. SO WHAT?
Newsflash - MOST of the world is not Muslim and we are not
subject to Muslim religious laws. They need to get used to that
and learn modern day educated tolerance.

[edit on 2/6/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Does anyone have a link to the cartoons that started these riots? It would be nice to see what the fuss is over.

Here is one of the "vile" cartoons............

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperTrashCan
If this is true, then this is the most outragous article I have ever seen. Not only siding with the muslim extremists but with a matter of free speech issues . Oh my god man there is no limit to my anger about this situation.

I'm with you! Our government making apoligies to extremists and speaking out against our beloved right of free speech is infuriating to me!

But really, what can we expect from an administration that has continuously made horrible judgments, miserable decisions and stomped on the Constitution at every turn throughout their existence?

I said it before. WWIII is going to be started by cartoons!

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Two people died when protesters turned on the American airbase at Bagram, even though the US has had no involvement in the cartoons' publication. BBC News

Seems that the US response has changed somewhat.
And I don't blame them a bit.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This is just wrong, arent we susposed to be the champians of free speach? I could not get the link to work but I would like tio know EXACTLY who said this and who told them too. That way i would know who to vote out of office.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I would like tio know EXACTLY who said this and who told them too. That way i would know who to vote out of office.

"These cartoons are indeed offensive to the belief of Muslims," State Department spokesman Kurtis Cooper said in answer to a question.
"Anti-Muslim images are as unacceptable as anti-Semitic images, as anti-Christian images or any other religious belief," State Department spokesman Sean McCormack told reporters.

Some are here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 6-2-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I'm with you! Our government making apoligies to extremists and speaking out against our beloved right of free speech is infuriating to me!

I wish I had some applause left for this month ... you'd have it.
I fully agree with you all on this. Bad bad bad.

WWIII is going to be started by cartoons!

You very well could be right. However, I believe we are already
in WWIII. It crept upon us and most of us are still asleep to the
fact that we are indeed in a world war.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Well what do anybody expect but the administration getting in the muslin side.

After all we are invading their lands and planning attacks on other muslin countries as in Iran.

So hey we have to be nice, right?

What a whole bunch of hypocrite.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Well, as I said before in another Thread, this is one of the extremly RARE occasions I agree with US State Department statement:

"Anti-Muslim images are as unacceptable as anti-Semitic images, as anti-Christian images or any other religious belief."

Interesting why the US Department should say that?

Could it be maybe, that the next time that somebody wants to make "fun" out of current US Administration, they will use the same Rhetorics?

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Thanks BH.

This makes me ill, that a represinitive of our government would say something like that. I wonder how long it will be before anti government cartoons will be "Unacceptable" too?

I back the danes 100%.....but suprise....I back the Muslims cartoons too....and the Stormfronts.....etc.

Freedom of speach is there to protect the speach you DONT like.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
That's what I was thinking too Souljah, but at least the US recognizes the hypocrisy of countries/people who cry free speech in this matter. Using free speech to incite hatred/riots is against the law in many countries whether people support it or not.

Free Zundel!
Or are we still not allowed to talk contrary to the [whispers]Jews[/whispers]?

[edit on 6-2-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

• The 12 cartoons published in Denmark's Jyllands-Posten in September 2005

(see also

• my posting here
  • ATS: Denmark On Muhammeds Naughty List
  • Depictions of Mohammed Throughout History)

• posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 12:16 PM
    link   
    The danish imams (Abu Laban & Co) went touring the middle east with a 43 page portfolio. They showed the 12 "evil" pictures published by Jyllands-Posten. But in addition to those they also showed some other additional pictures. They lied and said these pictures came from the newspaper as well. Pictures of Muhammed with a pigs face, a pedophile Muhammed and Muhammed having sex with a dog. These imams insulted the prophet, not the danes! They also presented these offending pictures on BBC World, adding to the confusion. This anger should be directed towards these imams, not the danes and norwegians. The imams lied about several things and they also said one thing in english to western media and then the opposite in arabic to al jazeera. They are troublemakers and they did this intentionally

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 12:28 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Souljah
    Well, as I said before in another Thread, this is one of the extremly RARE occasions I agree with US State Department statement:

"Anti-Muslim images are as unacceptable as anti-Semitic images, as anti-Christian images or any other religious belief."

Why are only religious beliefs protected in your view? How about anti-black images? What about anti-woman images or songs? What about anti-war posts on the Internet? People are offended by those, you know... And anti-government speech? As you know, it offends many people. Why are religious images the only ones that are unacceptable?

Could it be maybe, that the next time that somebody wants to make "fun" out of current US Administration, they will use the same Rhetorics?

Exactly! And you agree with it?!?!

I'll say again, if you possible can, listen to the PODcast My Rights VS Your Rights or "How Political Correctness is stealing our right to Free Speech"!

It's happening!

Thanks, FlyersFan. You know the world is in a strange place when the same person gives Way Aboves to both me and skippy!
    On the same subject!

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 12:33 PM
    link   
    You know Flyers Fan you may be right Armageddon may just be started by Cartoonist.

Funny that all this, is coming after the UN decided to review the complain against Iran.

Perhaps that is why the Iran president is so confident.

We should never under estimate other countries and the power of their people and loyal followers.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 12:39 PM
    link   
    I would have prefered us to have a "no-response" situation...meaning: who cares.

The muslims are rediculous for doing this...and Europe needs to show some force...like bomb some of there stuff, otherwise they relize that they can walk all over you and burn down your peacefull embasy's and you wont do a thing.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 12:43 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
    I would have prefered us to have a "no-response" situation...meaning: who cares.

The muslims are rediculous for doing this...and Europe needs to show some force...like bomb some of there stuff, otherwise they relize that they can walk all over you and burn down your peacefull embasy's and you wont do a thing.

IN BC time's it was an outright act of WAR to burn an embassy.

BC as in before jimmy CARTER. The Iranian over run of the US embassy was when Isalm found out they could push the US around.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join