It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA: Al Qaeda Plans To Hit Turkey With Dirty Bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
CIA has warned that Al Qaeda plans to attack Turkey with "high rate radiation-nuclear materials". CIA has apparently intercepted some Al Qaeda coded message where they reportedly will send nuclear materials including high rate-radiation to selected targets by using international cargo companies.

Turkish Weekly: CIA Warns Turkey of Al-Qaeda's Action Plan

January 05, 2006

The US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) warned Turkey that the terrorist network, al-Qaeda plans to attack the country with high rate radiation-nuclear materials.

CIA sent the MIT a secret al-Qaeda cryptic message last week, in which reportedly the terror organization will send nuclear materials including high rate-radiation to selected targets by using international cargo companies such as UPS and FedEx. Turkey’s Intelligence Undersecretary warned the Security Directorate about the CIA’s coded message.

Top-level security precautions were taken in the cargo departments of international airports such as Istanbul Ataturk, Sabiha Gokcen, Ankara Esenboga, Izmir Adnan Menderes and Antalya.

Any reason to worry now? I guess all we can do is wait and see. And I assume the security will be tightened now in Turkey...

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This is a much more likely scenario than most that I have heard in recent years.
We need to keep an eye on this story. Good catch!

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The CIA
wow they intercepted this
sorry they seem to have intercepted alot of these

parden me if i dont take this seriously

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
No kidding, seriously, if you believe anything the CIA says any more regarding the "War on Terror" you have not been paying attention for the last few years.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

CIA sent the MIT a secret al-Qaeda cryptic message last week....

So now we know whos sending those cryptic AlQaeda messages.

ITS THE CIA!

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Turkey has been hit by quite a few terrorist attacks so I'm not sure why so many of you have trouble beleiving this.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Its not that we cannot believe Turkey will get attacked...

We dont believe the CIA could ever get a hold of actual information.

Whatever it is that the CIA knows, its not the actual attack that will take place.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Hmm... CIA huh... I have trouble with the I part of the CIA...

as for the security of Turkey... well it's virtually a police state as it is, so who knows if this story will ever come to volition even if it is true...

Q

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
...if the KURDS don't Hit them First.

They have not been very Friendly to them in the Past,

AND, there are Still BIG Desires in the Kurdish Population for an Independant Kurdistan.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I have to say that the PKK and other Kurdish groups have all been decidedly quiet since the war in Iraq... and not surprisingly since the virtually fascist Turkish ruling elites have just been itching to use the situation in iraq as a pretext to oppress their own Kurdish minorities further...

remember in the early stages of the war when they had whole military convoys ready to roll into N.Iraq, not a trick missed huh (although they were eventually prevented by some 'soft' diplomacy on the side of the Americans)...

join