It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did They Need to do This as a Joke or is it True?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Here is another old ATS thread from 2004. It is on the Jokes, Puns, & Pranks board.
One small step for man " Oh hell "

Originally posted by Jbeth73
Okay, now go to the home page:
www.moontruth.com...

then go ot the link at the bottom:
www.moontruth.com...

The whole film is a joke!!!

Its too bad that the links don't work anymore.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
wow that was a good laugh,thank for the link.

I might have been fooled if it was`nt so Key stone cops type acting ,Neil dos`nt crap himself with the big crash only slowly turns and does the bloopers shrug.

or set up,the shock technique would have had the same result if Osama ran across set with G.W chasing him,the lenghts people go to,i loved it tho

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
If I recall correctly, that was created by a studio who had recently bought a camera from that time period and decided to make the clip as a prank. The audio is actual audio edited (and possibly some new stuff added?).

jra

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Definately a fake video as others have pointed out, but it is amusing.

Originally posted by Mr101Hazardous
OK. You get one point. But if that is true how come we can see thur the atmosphere to read a new paper on the ground from space.

You can't. That would be some insane resolution to be able to read a newspaper from orbit. I don't think even the secret spy satillites could do that. Not yet anyway.

But we can get clearer images of the Earth from space because the satillites are closer to Earth, then a telescope on Earth looking at the Moon. You would need to put an imaging satillite in orbit around the Moon to get images of the Apollo landing sites. And NASA will be doing that next year I believe.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr101Hazardous

Originally posted by Mizar

There are many many many reasons why you cannont see the flag. FIrst off next time you go to that astronomy professor ask him / her why you cant they will tell you. Simply, you cannont magnify with a clear enough resolution through the earths atmosphere and to have a scope that would be able to collect enough light to see soemthing so small would have to be extreemly huge.

OK. You get one point. But if that is true how come we can see thur the atmosphere to read a new paper on the ground from space.

350,000km is alot further than the 300km a spy satellite is from the surface of the earth, lol

im a astrophysicist (ok so only for a year but still im qualified) (u can tell by the bad spelling)

no optical telescope on earth has the resolution to see any of the flags left by the apollo astronauts, they would just appear as dots, along with the spacecraft

any questions?

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
So now we are grabbing at straws saying that is not Armstrong's voice

Sounds the same to me...

history1900s.about.com.../XJ&sdn=history1900s&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.historychannel.com%2Fspeeches%2Farchive%2Fspeech_9.h tml

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
LOL the origional link is to Gaiaguys, a web site run by a cousin of mine in Australia.

The video shown was made for a comercial and is NOT serious.... yes it is a joke.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The Admission to the joke has been cached at this link.
web.archive.org...://www.moontruth.com/full.htm

web.archive.org...*/www.moontruth.com...

The Way Back Machine is your friend

It seems the page was taken down between the dates of Oct 12, 2004 and Feb 5, 2005.

[edit on 25-12-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harvestfreak
The simple answer to all your questions about why we can't see the flag, is because, it is no longer there. And they do not want us to see what is on the moon, because it will destroy everything we know. We went to the moon, but when we got there we found out that it had stuff on it that defied our meaning that the churches of the world have set up. If we saw all the pictures of the moon, it would send outcries by the people to the governments, and to the churches. It would cause Religious Anarchy. For anyone to say I am wrong, hey I could be, because I have no proof, neither do you. So we are both even. So if you read this far, good job, now you know.

You propose an interesting scenario here; do you have any recommendations for further reading on these theories?

All you ever seem to hear from a conspiracy point of view is that the landing never happened, but the idea that it might have done and some unusual circumstances followed is an intriguing one.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Just google up Richard C Hoaglund and you'll get what you're looking for. I think at one point he claimed they stopped the moon missions because they found a domed "City" up there, and claimed to show photographic "proof" of such domes. He claims they also exist on Mars, Ieptus and probably Venus and Saturn to boot. You'll find that side much more entertaining to say the least. I miss the 90s sometimes

[edit on 25-12-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
So now we are grabbing at straws saying that is not Armstrong's voice

Sounds the same to me...

Your desperate to find a conspiracy arn't you!

The discussion is only 2 pages long, surely you must have bothered reading that! It's not like it's 50 pages or something

Just in case you missed, the video is an admitted hoax.

EDIT:

The hiding stuff might be true, we did ask Dr Aldrin about Aliens briefly, but he didn't really elaborate much. His wife said more to be honest and he went kind of quiet. The Armstrong speech a few years abck where he says at the end:

Today a space shuttle flies overhead with an international crew. A number of countries have international space programs. During the space age we have increased our knowledge of our universe a thousand-fold.

Today we have with us a group of students, among America's best. To you we say we have only completed a beginning. We leave you much that is undone. There are great ideas undiscovered, breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of the truth's protective layers. There are many places to go beyond belief. Those challenges are yours--in many fields, not the least of which is space, because there lies human destiny.

is interesting, Apollo Hoax Believers like to filter it down to

"Today we have with us a group of students, among America's best. To you we say we have only completed a beginning. We leave you much that is undone. There are great ideas undiscovered, breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of the truth's protective layers."

or better still:

"breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of the truth's protective layers"

but when you look at it within context it seems to imply there is more going on than we know.

[edit on 25-12-2005 by AgentSmith]

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Your desperate to find a conspiracy arn't you!

Not at all, I called it a BADLY manufactured,hokey cartoon when I saw it live

on TV in 69, and a box of rocks does not prove a thing.
We will not be allowed onto the Moon even if we wished to.It is off limits.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Why do you ignore the Apollo mirror siriuslyone?

You know its there, so does nearly every scientist on earth that has calculated distance to the moon.

Deny Ignorance?

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
Why do you ignore the Apollo mirror siriuslyone?

You know its there, so does nearly every scientist on earth that has calculated distance to the moon.

Guess we will have to agree to dis-agree, as conspiracies have been cooked since way before Roswell..Philadelphia Experiment??etc. etc.

www.orwelltoday.com...

If Armstong was the first man on the moon, who took the outside picture?
Science tells me I am a quark, so how can they be believed since a quark CANNOT be seen?

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
If you want to make a point, at least try find some "evidence" that doesnt say the moon landing was a Stanley Kubrick production.

Ugh... I hate when that is mentioned.

Really, if the moon landing was a hoax, the Russians would have been all over the "evidence".

I would gladly debate any "evidence" you can bring up that the moon landing was a hoax.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
And before you even bring up the whole "b-b-b-but who filmed Neil Armstrong" argument here:

There was a video camera mounted and extended from the side of the landing module especially for this purpose. NASA anticipated that the moment that Armstrong stepped onto the Moon would be thought as being particularly significant and something everyone would want to see.

As Armstrong started down the ladder he remotely deployed it, swinging it out from its storage position in the side of the module. Note how the left hand side of the video image is obscured by both the side of the Lunar Module and the arm of the storage compartment that lowered it. (The horizontal black bar across the middle is interference flickering across the TV screen it was filmed off.)

The way the camera was mounted meant that these first pictures were actually upside-down and had to be flipped over once received on Earth. The same camera was then removed and used to send video pictures of the rest of the lunar activities from a stand on the lunar surface.

www.redzero.demon.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
If you want to make a point, at least try find some "evidence" that doesnt say the moon landing was a Stanley Kubrick production.

Ugh... I hate when that is mentioned.

Really, if the moon landing was a hoax, the Russians would have been all over the "evidence".

I would gladly debate any "evidence" you can bring up that the moon landing was a hoax.

There is no such thing as evidence if a person is a believer.I have studied this anamoly since 1969 and CANNOT find any evidence as to why we are not going back..There is too much garbled rhetoric about WHAT the rocks told us..and why it is not published..
No reason to continue, same as debating the lone gunman theory, never will come to naught.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Many nations around the globe are planning moon missions in the coming years.

www.usatoday.com...

www.news10.net...

jra

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
I have studied this anamoly since 1969 and CANNOT find any evidence as to why we are not going back..

I'll give you a hint. It's green, very thin, made of a paper like material, it has a set value... and NASA lacks a lot of it.

That's really all there is to it. NASA doesn't have the money to develop a vehicle to get to the Moon at this time. Not to hard to figure out. Plus it seems a lot of American's either don't care or don't want there tax dollars going towards something they think is pointless.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
>>I'll give you a hint. It's green, very thin, made of a paper like material, it has a set value... and NASA lacks a lot of it.

That's really all there is to it. NASA doesn't have the money to develop a vehicle to get to the Moon at this time. Not to hard to figure out. Plus it seems a lot of American's either don't care or don't want there tax dollars going towards something they think is pointless.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join