It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Behind the Steel Curtain: The Real Face of the Occupation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by aape
Well juba kills us soldiers but how can you be sure he isn´t paid by same men that pays for soldiers?..For all i know israel could be in this plot with usa. Israel kills usa soldiers, usa soldiers get more pissed to "insurgents". After that bush has easier job to convince the public that he is doing the "right" thing. Just hypotethic speaking. You can´t blame insurgents of every death of usa soldier. afterall everything insurgents are doing is just making it easier to usa to blamegame the iraqis. If your nation would be under attack from let´s say rest of the world. Would you start bombing your own citizens? And don´t try to put that under some islamic thing, they have same rules as christians. Do not kill!
-aape

Your right I can't blame every US soldier death on insurgents because many die in accidents. And that was the only sentence I could understand/take seriously.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Because i can speak Finnish,Germany,Swedish,Greece doesn´t mean i´m good at english
..i just type too fast.
To make it simpler. Your terrorist are doing a good job convincing american public that in iraq there are lots of bad men who just like to blow things up etc. It would be more realistic behavior to blow up us soldiers and get those elections canceled. So either some of them are really savages and don´t know anything about honor or some of them are paid/brainwashed with fundamentalis bs to do such a horrible deeds to make it look like iraq has something to do with terrorism. They are after all just fighting against occupating country in an illegal war.
The real mystery is that who is behind all of this. Osama? naah..bush? maybe but then osama is too. All of them including iran president and zarqawi(if he even exist) hmm..that sounds like a good conspiracy to me.
-aape

[edit on 21-12-2005 by aape]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   

To make it simpler. Your terrorist are doing a good job convincing american public that in iraq there are lots of bad men who just like to blow things up etc. \

Somehow I don't really buy that logic as I know a couple people who have been to Iraq and seen the so called "bad men" and maybe shot a couple of them in the face. The insurgency is real it isnt some hoax crafted by fox news.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It's amazing how things change in different perspectives. In World War II, my grandfather whom lived in austria was a freedom fighter, defending against the nazi invasion: Germany called the group my grandfather fought with, terrorists.

Whats the line between fighting for your homeland and fighting to terrorize? Are the insurgents just terrorists, or are they really simply freedom fighters?

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
As my country pushed russia away 3 times i share the perspective of big country attackin little one
They are freedom fighters, that war is based on lies and is illegal. That´s why you ain´t gonna see un peackeepers in iraq because un has condemned the whole war. But if you are blowing up you own people..then you are no better than the attackers. Maybe they share little different view in middle east. But so does people in states
And to those people in usa who haven´t even been in the army and still talking about how things are in iraq i would say, go throuht the army first and then say what´s your opinion. I don´t like to get people enlisted but it´s the only way to get true knowledge about how army works.
-aape

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar

Whats the line between fighting for your homeland and fighting to terrorize? Are the insurgents just terrorists, or are they really simply freedom fighters?

Not this sentimental "what makes a person a terrorist" garbage again. Theres a big difference between your grand pappy helping resist a ruthless facist state that systematically killed millions of people and started a global conflict that resulted in Europe suffering huge ammount of life and property lost, and a group of thugs who hide their identities and ask kids to walk up to an coalition humvee with this case (which is a bomb) or cuts off a man's head with a rusty machete Those sure are honerable acts of fighting for freedom right there!!

Are you honestly going to compare a bunch of brainwashed militants who kill not only their countrymen but the armed forces of a country trying to bring Iraq back into a modern world to a group of educated Europeans who tried to oppose an evil facist country?

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
True, without a first hand knowledge youd never really know what its like, no matter how many times youve played americas army

I would never blame our troops for purposely killing civilians, though I'm sure it happens on accident, regularly. When its not an army your fighting, it gets alittle hectic, and accidents happen.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

And to those people in usa who haven´t even been in the army and still talking about how things are in iraq i would say, go throuht the army first and then say what´s your opinion. I don´t like to get people enlisted but it´s the only way to get true knowledge about how army works.
-aape

Already signed the papers bub. I'm property of the US Army for the next 4 years of college and then 8 years as an officer. On top of that I grew up on Army bases and I really don't like the world outside of them.

So yeah I do have a better than your random joe's knowledge of the Army.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

What Army?

The EMPIRE'S Army?

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

What Army?

The EMPIRE'S Army?

The U.S Army but I guess I know a little about the Imperial army as I was an avid fan of the original CCG by decipher. But thats neither here nor there.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Another BS dis-information campaign from Mohammed... Er, I mean Souljah. Come on guy, we get it - you hate the United States. Don't worry though, a majority of Americans hate people like you, so the feeling is mutual. I bet if you actually left your house and got some fresh air some reality might settle back in
, but I doubt it. Hopefully the Mods will put this crap were it belongs - in the toilet. But if not, then at least banish this nonsense to the Politics forum, the closest thing to a toilet on ATS.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
The U.S Army but I guess I know a little about the Imperial army as I was an avid fan of the original CCG by decipher. But thats neither here nor there.

Mister Cruise,
didn't you know that by joining the US Army you are now an Imperial Trooper?

And what GOOD Empire it is:

• The U.S., in line with this doctrine, pulled out of the Anti Ballistic Missile Treaty, one of the corner stones to international peace and stability.

• Other nations see the U.S. action as threatening and may be afraid, given the U.S.'s controversial Cold War history and actions, including supporting dictators and overthrowing popular leaders.

• Throughout history, larger nations have been able to exert their desires more effectively than others. Military power has often been the final arbiter of law. We recall “gun boat diplomacy” tactics of various imperial powers in the past to ensure unwilling nations bent to their demands.

• The U.S.'s political and military power is unrivalled today.

• Furthermore, the actions of the more powerful nations in the international arena, away from home, have contributed to such resentment and hatred, that it is sometimes not recognized that their own policies could be contributing to these terrible acts and threats of terrorism.

[edit on 21/12/05 by Souljah]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Another BS dis-information campaign from Mohammed... Er, I mean Souljah. Come on guy, we get it - you hate the United States. Don't worry though, a majority of Americans hate people like you, so the feeling is mutual. I bet if you actually left your house and got some fresh air some reality might settle back in
, but I doubt it. Hopefully the Mods will put this crap were it belongs - in the toilet. But if not, then at least banish this nonsense to the Politics forum, the closest thing to a toilet on ATS.

I don't Hate you - why do you think that?

Why are you NOT Discussing the Topic of this thread - and commenting me yet again?

Is that the Best you have?

Now now there, you are not adding to this D-bate.

Or is that the only way you know?

Hmmmmmmmm...

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I find this thread mighty informative. And choosed to post here because every other thread is being squashed by pro usa warmongers immediatly if souljah posts something. So i figured out that souljah´s own thread could be left alone but i figured mighty wrong
. Seems like some people are on ats just to rant towards souljah. Everyone is talking about iraq like they would have been there. Everyone is talking about military honor without even been in military. Points for souljah to keeping his nerves when everyone else tryis to get him rant like themselves. If you people see some dis info campaign here, please post where. I don´t see one.
-aape

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
I don't Hate you - why do you think that?

Why are you NOT Discussing the Topic of this thread - and commenting me yet again?

Is that the Best you have?

Now now there, you are not adding to this D-bate.

Or is that the only way you know?

Hmmmmmmmm...

Too bad ATS doesn't have a YAAAAAWN avitar to describe EXACTLY how I feel about your response. What is there to debate??? There is no debate with you. You are a revisionist. You cannot acknowledge facts. You post as gospel links to sites that cannot back up their claims, have an anti-US agenda and seek to undermine the war outright - whether the ends justify the means or not.

I, and a multitude of others, have attempted to enter into logical debate with you and you fail miserably to even exhibit logic, let alone debate. No, I shall simply continue to point out that you are an anti-American troll who continues ad nauseum to pollute the forums with NON-Conspiratorial CRAP. The very notion that ATS will allow you continue to post this nonsense on the ATS forums simply signals the beginning of the end of ATS, sadly. You, your ilk, and your bag of lies and propaganda should be banished to PTS for good!

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Already signed the papers bub. I'm property of the US Army for the next 4 years of college and then 8 years as an officer. On top of that I grew up on Army bases and I really don't like the world outside of them.

man, you sold your soul to the devil. you think you know/learn something about war when you go to college? cmon dude, go to the frontline, only place to learn how to make some war, not love..

after that 12 years of studying, you end up in some office doing some bs paperwork. a true soldier? yeah.

go to the frontline to take some hit. and then you can think if you still want to be a part of that...

ups, my quote didnt work
but i hope u get the message

problem fixed

[edit on 21-12-2005 by juube]

[edit on 21-12-2005 by juube]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   

IIf you people see some dis info campaign here, please post where. I don´t see one.
-aape

Of course not - how could those who are blind to the truth see it? You are Souljah's ilk. You cannot acknowledge the facts nor can you enter into a debate based on facts. You simply spout unsubstantiated nonsense and hold it up as the gospel truth. Perhaps the two of you could go find some Anti-American web site somewhere and join their forum?

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Congraz for not postin anything what you see as dis info campaign. As i see it souljah posted a news about how things are going irak. We on the other side of globe see these news everyday, you inside the usa not. Or else you would be against the war.
here´s little "disinfo" for you

civilians umm i meant terrorists killed by us

and a bit more

number of dead people because u like to be world police

and those go behind the topic line.
ps. Souljah, your map shows that finland has us troops here. That is not true thank god, unless you count the diplomatic guards at the embassy
. Otherwise it seems to be accurate.
-aape

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
OIH MY GOD!!!
You managed to find an Anti-US website for one article and uncorroborated, un-policed speculative commentary from another! WOWEE!!! Those are some seriously accurate websites, right???

www.pcmag.com...
blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com...
www.nashvillescene.com...
www.delawareonline.com.../20051221/OPINION11/512210350/1112/OPINION

I mean, come on... when are you going to end this charade... really...

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
If you are referring to me, it wasn´t hard to find
. Just use google and type warcrimes and you get list of warcrimes where usa is the leading power. Or google civilian casualties in iraq. Im sure you will find atleast 1000 pages with same info. and i find wikipedia more reliable as your links. Say whatever you want but seems you really don´t even want to debate for these subjects. Live in ignorance, see if i care.
btw. here´s some real disinfo for you by your own government.
www.crimesofwar.org...
check how much stories differ.
here´s another, i bet you don´t see shrubs or kissingers face in here.
www.state.gov...
-aape

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join