It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I saw a UFO.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I was sitting outside and for some reason I decided to look up, and when I looked up I saw a star and for some reason I decided to see if it was moving a bit, and to my amazement it was moving REALLY fast. It looked JUST like a start, same size, same colour, same everything, but it in a long half-circle path through the sky until it was infront of the house so I couldn't see it anymore.
I don't know how high up weather balloons go, but if they look the same as a star then that's what it could've been, but that would mean the speed it was going would be REALLY fast.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
i would guess a shooting star or meteor or something similar. nonetheless, can you give us a timeframe and possibly a starting and ending point in the sky? was it by any major planets or other stars? in a constellation perhaps? where are you located?

details are important!

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Wasn't a shooting star, I've seen them before.
I'm in Melbourne Australia, which is a city, so it's kind of hard to see alot of the stairs and planets. I don't know how I'm meant to give you a starting and ending point in the sky, as I never saw it start or end, and I don't know how to do those maps anyway. It was around 10:40 PM.

I just went out again 5 minutes ago looked out where I saw it go, and couldn't find it, but I did see a brighter, larger thing that looked like a bright star do the same thing but then when I went to get the camera and go back out it was gone.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
interesting... i would check back outside a few more times if possible and take your camera with you! to be honest, its difficult to say what it could be since it just appears to be a bright light such as a star moving in a straight direction..

but yea, definately check again and see if you can get a photo of it.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Wasn't going straight, and by camera I mean Video Camera which I don't think's good enough to capture stars when there's steet lights in the shot anyway.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   
ah. im not sure then... but since im a full on believer i'd say you could have seen one, although like I said before it's difficult to discern lights in the night sky such as that, unless its close enough to possibly see details or its movin really wacky.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Lucky you reminded me.

The way it moved..
It was.. I can't explain, it was like bursts of speed. It went real fast, then slowed down to a stop nearly, then real fast, then slowed down to a stop again, and that's the way it went the whole time.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Aha! now that makes it seem more like a UFO than a star. i've seen a few strange things similar to that before... i've also seen one fairly close up... it was pretty crazy... but anyways, i believe you could definately have a case now... still, try to see if you can capture your next sighting on film ( picture or video)... even if you end up with nothing, at least you will have tried.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I feel like a complete wacko. I showed it to my Mum because she was there too, and she saw it all, and I'm like "wow what could've that been" and she kept saying it was a weather balloon, or a star, or a satellite or something, and then I told her how it couldn't be and she's like "well I don't know what it was, but it wasn't a UFO", and she keeps talking about how she didn't see the aliens waving to us.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
theres no need to feel like a wacko. thats why things like this never come to light, because alot of people consider people who see things such as that as wacko or hallucinating or whatever. i can tell you from my own experience, what I saw was completely real and really shocked me.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Maybe it was a satelite. I used observing them with my Dad, it looks very similar to a star ,same shape ,colour, etc. only difference is that it moves . Try to look at a clear sky full of star and you will see what i meen.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
But doesn't it move like I described? It wasn't one long contionous shot, it slowed down to stopping speed, then back up to really fast, etc.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Ok maybe you are right . Last year me and my friend saw a white spot on a clear sky it was just a white spot standing there without any mouvement on very high altitude but sudenly after a minute it started moving really fast and then just disappeard . Me and my friend were just standing and looking to each other like idiots .

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Oh my god !, finally someone who has seen the same as me, in North Yorkshire too !

Me and my two brothers were out one night fishing in a town in North Yorkshire called Helmsley, and while one of my brothers were fishing, since it was such a clear night and you could see very clearly. And over the space of about 30 minutes me and my brother whitnessed 15 or more of these, star/ufo things.
They seemed to appear from nowhere like they came from outer space then they traveld fast, but not too fast over the sky, till they eventually dissapereard, but since my brother and me were both looking up, we whitnessed 2 or more traveling in different directions at the same time. They looked exactlly like a star, not a place meteorite or shooting star.
Thanks, hope we find out more on these !!
Ryan

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
One night last summer my friend and I also witnessed a similar thing we were looking at the stars on a clear night and chatting. when we both saw at the same time this star start moving a a rapid speed out of no where it was previously standing still in the sky then after a short distance it vanished. We have seen satellites before they look similar but they just continuosly move across the sky and the entire sky. they look more orange like also...at least the ones i have seen or think i have seen. but yea that was a crazy thing to see last summer. Sudden movement of a still "star" at high rate of speed then dissappear after short distance.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Satelites sometimes give the impression they are speeding up and slowing down as they get farther and farther away, especially when the sky is not clear, or there is lots of light polution from the city.

was there any sounds coming from this object?

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I did not hear any sound, it was complete silence where i was as it was on the edge of a field very late at night, they were very high up and they all were the same size, they also had a hint of an orange colour, but relly they just looked like ordinary stars. The thing was they couldent of been satalites as we saw so many of them over a short amount of time.
What the hell are they !
Cheers
Ryan

new topics

top topics

join