It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Police Legislation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Wow man have you guys actually read this thing over? This is literally the creation of un-uniformed Federal Secret Police. The similarities between this and the creation of the old Stazi or the SS is almost astonishing. Creepy Stuff man. I know this may be a long quote from an already covered topic, but nobody reads links and I think this legislation is important enough to post it directly.

A few vaguely defined highlights of this new facist undertaking are...
"on the basis of extraordinary protective need...upon request of an affected metropolitan area" and most frightening of all, "make arrests without warrant for any offense against the United States"

Source
SEC. 605. THE UNIFORMED DIVISION, UNITED STATES SECRET SERVICE.

(a) In General- Chapter 203 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by
inserting after section 3056 the following:

`Sec. 3056A. Powers, authorities, and duties of United States Secret Service

Uniformed Division

`(a) There is hereby created and established a permanent police force, to be

known as the `United States Secret Service Uniformed Division'. Subject to
the supervision of the Secretary of Homeland Security, the United States
Secret Service Uniformed Division shall perform such duties as the Director,

United States Secret Service, may prescribe in connection with the
protection of the following:

`(1) The White House in the District of Columbia.

`(2) Any building in which Presidential offices are located.

`(3) The Treasury Building and grounds.

`(4) The President, the Vice President (or other officer next in the order
of succession to the Office of President), the President-elect, the Vice
President-elect, and their immediate families.

mod edit of very lenghty post. Members are invited to visit the link provided for the complete text of section 605.

[edit on 18-12-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
known as the `United States Secret Service Uniformed Division'. Subject to
the supervision of the Secretary of Homeland Security, the United States
Secret Service
Uniformed Division shall perform such duties as the Director,

US-SS?

They did not even bother to Change the Names - they kept the SS!

Anyway, excellent Find twichy!

It is always Good to have a Secret Police, which can do Anything against Anyone they wish and then call it "National Security".

And I thought our Grandfathers Defeated this Nazi Bastaradz!

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   
This is not "literally the creation of an un-uniformed Federal Secret Police". Notice the name of the Division is the UNIFORMED DIVISION. Your comments are somewhat out of context as well. What this is doing is giving broader federal law enforcement capabilities of the SS: Uniformed Division, which has actually been around for a while. (See: All of the uniformed guards around the White House and various Legislative & Federal buildings.)

Now, as to your Secret Police highlights you mentioned, lets look at those once again...IN context.

(A) on the basis of extraordinary protective need;

This is one of the primary roles of this unit. The SS: Uniformed Division is to be able to provide supplemental protective services to federal figures & locations when the need arises. (See: Increased Terrorism Threat Level, Threats against a specific Federal location/persona, etc.)

(B) upon request of an affected metropolitan area;

Same deal. If the applicable areas within a metropolitan area are subject to increased risk due to the visit of a political figure of any sort, the mentioned area has the right to request supplemental security/protection via this unit.

And lastly, your final quote, being totally used totally out of context, is mentioned in full here:

(B) make arrests without warrant for any offense against the United States committed in their presence, or for any felony cognizable under the laws of the United States if they have reasonable grounds to believe that the person to be arrested has committed or is committing such felony;

They don't get to arrest anyone they see for any reason. This is a common ability of federal officers, stating that if a federal offense is observed by said officer, they may arrest said offenders without a warrant, due to the officers presence being justification for said cause of apprehension.

Overall, nothing too earth-shattering here. The US SS: Uniformed Division has been around for a long time...this is just expanding their abilities.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   

"make arrests without warrant for any offense against the United States"

Don't see the problem with this. Police Officers in the UK have been able to do this since the introduction of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act which came into force in 1984 and there have never been any problems at all.

Even though it has the year '1984' attached to it, I asure you you won't hear any big brother scare stories due to it

Even with the Serious Organised Crime and Police act which has just been introduced gives Police the power to arrest for ANY offence. Although, you'll be hard pressed to find an officer willing to arrest for littering

* edited to include SOCaP 2005

[edit on 18/12/2005 by FactoryLad]

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Your comment , "Hard pressed to find an officer willing to arrest for littering" ,is an interesting observation , this is what everyone depends on to keep the authorities and their minions in check.

It is called DISCRETION , without discretion , there is blind justice,blind justice is tyrrany.

Certain things just don't need to be addressed , like spitting in a parking ramp , I know it's nasty , but people generally don't eat with their feet , or if they do , they take their shoes off first...

As long as military and police forces practice restraint and discretion , there really shouldn't be a problem.

But with a fine tagged onto spitting , it is turned to a money thing , discretion soon goes out the window in pursuit of the mighty dollar............

It's all about the cash , everything is .

EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,that's why it all gets so rediculous sometimes.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
XiNG, thanks for that,

I'm unable to speak for anyone else in other countries but discretion is a major part of a British Police Officer. It's hammered in that they have a wealth of power, however, it's up to them and their discretion how they use it.

And that's why the British police are the best in the world.

Mind you, I am biased

[edit on 20/12/2005 by FactoryLad]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
If that freaks you out... you'll love this one: The National Clandestine Service

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Dude, the Uniformed Division are just wearing uniforms like regular police. They use them to guard senators houses as well as the capitol building. They are the police force of DC. Heres a link to their official website.

www.secretservice.gov...
www.secretservice.gov...

I mean cmon, do some research before you make assumptions like this.

[edit on 12/22/2005 by ludaChris]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Its very interesting to see how the government in the last 5 years has grown so secretive and bigger with new agencies to be only under the direction of Homeland security Offices that only respond to the president of the US.

It makes you wonder as the intentions of the government.

No because I am afraid that Bush will exercise absolute power or become a dictator, but because is going to aid the new government that probably will follow this one.

I guess we the people need to be under control further and forcibly, new laws new agencies and bigger government will help to ensure complete submssion.

I Wonder when the congress will be erradicated or eliminated.

[edit on 22-12-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I stand with switch100, FactoryLad, XiNGYaNGFoo, & ludaChris on this one.
Sometimes you might read to much into things. Why can't they pass a bill were the paper work is cut in 1/2. Then you would have some happy LEOs.
I smell new coffee !

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Looks like some States are following suit...

Source
Bill Would Allow Arrests For No Reason In Public Place
Citizens Would Also Have To Show ID

UPDATED: 7:22 pm EST December 19, 2005

CLEVELAND -- A bill on Gov. Bob Taft's desk right now is drawing a lot of criticism, NewsChannel5 reported.

One state representative said it resembles Gestapo-style tactics of government, and there could be changes coming on the streets of Ohio's small towns and big cities.

The Ohio Patriot Act has made it to the Taft's desk, and with the stroke of a pen, it would most likely become the toughest terrorism bill in the country. The lengthy piece of legislation would let police arrest people in public places who will not give their names, address and birth dates, even if they are not doing anything wrong.

WEWS reported it would also pave the way for everyone entering critical transportation sites such as, train stations, airports and bus stations to show ID.

"It brings us frighteningly close to a show me your papers society," said Carrie Davis of the ACLU, which opposes the Ohio Patriot Act.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Perhaps the reason for this is to be able to arrest anybody protesting the Bush nation address in Jan.

That will be something to see.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Once again, you are reading too much into things. The Secret Service Uniformed Division has been around for years. It has its own emergency response unit(SWAT if you will), the snipers that cover the area during outdoor events in DC, the regular beat cops for the capitol, and guards for senators and congressmen and their families homes. Once again you folks are in a stranglehold with paranoia.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
Once again you folks are in a stranglehold with paranoia.

But don't be so hasty to judge remember Bush was the one to made possible that people be very afraid and in the brink of paranoia and mass hysteria with his War on terror.

We have to stay afraid, very afraid!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Haha, well at least you can still keep your sense of humor. But when it is publicly availiable knowledge of the job of the US Secret Dervice UD, I cant sit here and let uninformed statements be made. It isnt right. There is a Secret Service office in Charlotte not 5 miles from my home, no UD officers though, all they do is look into finiancial crime. Which makes sense seeing as Charlotte is one of the largest banking centers in the US. Sorry to get off topic. But please if you wnat to know exactly what the UD does, look at the website link I posted previously on this thread, that is all I ask, and it aint too much I dont think.

top topics

join