It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Mysterious Creatures !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Top 10 Mysterious Creatures

1. Big foot/yeti/Sasquatch "Most witnessed unknown creatures in the world."
2. Loch Ness Monster (and other Lake monsters)"lake monsters of the world continue to elude scientists."
3. Chupacabra "the goat sucker""killing farmers' livestock - chickens, ducks, turkeys, rabbits and, of course, goats - sometimes hundreds of animals in one evening."
4. The Jersey Devil "There is a terrifying creature, they say, that haunts the dense pine barrens of New Jersey, and its frightening appearance earned it the name of The Jersey Devil."
5. Mothman "hundreds of witnesses allegedly saw a large, winged humanoid being."
6. Elves and Fairies
"Most familiar to us are the legends of elves, dwarfs, leprechauns and trolls from Europe and Scandinavia."
7. The Dover Demon ""the Dover Demon," was only seen by a few people in this short period of time, it is considered one of the most mysterious creatures of modern times.
8. The Loveland Lizard "Its a frog or similar amphibian, it's the largest one ever recorded - and the only one known to get up and walk away on its hind legs. "
9. Living Dinosaurs"We were all awestruck by the incredibly realistic digital effects of Jurassic Park and The Lost World, and tantalized by the possibility that cloning of long-extinct dinosaurs might one day be possible. "
10. Spring-Heeled Jack" He appeared out of the shadows of 19th century London nights, attacked his victims with dreadful scratches, then bounded away with superhuman ability before he could be apprehended. "

Wich one is your Nr1.
I would say Living Dino, i could belive in it.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Story Of The Dover Demon
The first sighting occurred late one night as 3 17-year-olds drove home through the Boston suburbs of the Dover area. The driver, Bill Bartlett, reported seeing what at first he thought was a dog or cat, but a few seconds later saw to be a completely unearthly looking creature.

In amazement, Bartlett watched the animal, which he reported had a large melon-shaped head with 2 very distinct red eyes. It's body was thin and spindly, and completely hairless. It had long, thin toes and fingers, and seemed to be using them to grasp onto the pavement. Later on, Bartlett drew the sketch you see on the left of the strange animal. As if that wasn't enough, a few hours later, and over a mile away, John Baxter was walking home when he met the same creature walking along a path.

The next day, Abby Brabham noted a similar looking creature on the side of the road as she drove past. So what did these people see exactly ?

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

My vote goes to " THE DOVER DEMON "

- One Man Short ®

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Although...I do like a good YETI story from time to time.

This is a pretty tough call to decide which is Number 1.

- One Man Short ®

[edit on 10-12-2005 by One Man Short of Manhood]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I would say El Chupacabra....or bigfoot/yeti/sasquatch.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
In my opinion the Loch Ness monster is a living dinosaur. I think Elves and Fairies would have to be my favorite. If dinosaurs were real we wouldn't be at the top of the food chain anymore....

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Bigfoot. With all those pictures and movies out there, this one really has to get my vote!

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
definetley that creature called... er.. what was its name again? It's big, hairy, bipedal.... hmm.... Well the name eludes me but it sure does have big feet.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
There is another thread where another list is being discussed, and some of us are thinking of an ATS top ten list too.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
What in God's name was that creature that terrorized France in the 18th century?

A hunter actually managed to kill it and brought it to the King. Sadley, the stench offended the king and it was burned.

It was on the film 'Brotherhood Of The Wolf'.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
how smart are these creatures. becasue the hide pretty good. they only semm to be seen by a few people and only like for a couple seconds. and if bigfoot is real why dosn't he just walk over and hit the camera guy. this world confuses me.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Spreadthetruth, the creatue you speak of is the fabled 'Beast of Gevaudan'..

I think my favorite crypto-creature is probably either sea monsters or the bipedal monsters (EG, Bigfoot, Skunk Ape, Sasquatch, Yeti... etc.)

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Spreadthetruth
A hunter actually managed to kill it and brought it to the King. Sadley, the stench offended the king and it was burned.

It was on the film 'Brotherhood Of The Wolf'.

It was the Beast of "insert the name of the province they were in" and the "hunter" didn't kill it.
Rather the King ordered a hunt of the beast and they killed a wolf that they claimed was the beast despite the fact that the beast continued kiling people afterword.

The killing stopped as mysteriously as they began.
The scene in the Brotherhood of the Wolf where the main character is told to use his taxodermy skills to make the ordinary wolf look the the fearsome beast(so that the matter is "Officially over") is is quite true(though the rest of the film is fictional).

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
i'd say the Chupacabra or the jersey devil, i would love to hunt the jersey devil while being chased by a Chupacabra...

i hope Steven Spielberg isnt watching this post...

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Tasmanian Tiger (or Wolf), definitely. I'm amazed this doesn't appear to get mentioned more here - you can see the clip of the last animal in a zoo, and there have been rumours of sightings ever since. Wouldn't it be amazing if there were still a few left in the wild?

TD

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Oops, sorry, forgot to include a link to the movie.

www.tased.edu.au...

TD

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
How 'bout the mysterious Jackalope?

My list would include the alien Greys.

Peace

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
How 'bout the mysterious Jackalope?

Peace

Hey Dr. Love, sadly we know the fate of the mysterious Jackalope.
Most of them ended up stuffed and hung on the walls of barber shops.

I don't think there are any living specimens.......

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This photo was taken in 1936 and is considered the last living Tasmanian tiger.

But this photo was taken in February 2005 by a german tourist while visiting Tasmania.

So there is a chance they are still a few in the wild. But like the Bigfoot photos and films, the quality of the picture leaves a lot to be desired.

Here's The Full Story About The Last Pic

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
hey ive done some research on the Beast of Gevaudan, type that in an check out the thread. its definetly my number 1

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
What about Lizard man? It was on the sciFi show "Proof Positive". Only four people (i think maybe more) have claimed to see him in the swampy areas of Lee County, South Carolina, and one person had his "footprints" exaimed scientifically. The scientists who exaimed it said it was a hoax.

I thought these topics on him were pretty interesting:
www.cryptozoology.com... 2375
www.cryptozoology.com... 3407
www.cryptomundo.com...[/u rl]
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptozoology]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptozoology

www.answerbag.com...

- From answerbag.com
"The Lizard Man of Scape Ore Swamp, or 'The Lizard Man Of Lee County', is a humanoid creature rumored to inhabit the swampy areas of Lee County, South Carolina.

It was first reported by 17 year old Christopher Davis on June 29, 1988, around the hours of 2 AM. He was driving home from work, taking a road that borders Scape Ore Swamp, when his tire blew out, forcing him to stop. While Davis was changing the tire, he claimed to have heard a loud thump from a field across the road. He would later say to Associated Press news services:

“I looked back and saw something running across the field towards me. It was about 25 yards away and I saw red eyes glowing. I ran into the car and as I locked it, the thing grabbed the door handle. I could see him from the neck down – the three big fingers, long black nails and green rough skin. It was strong and angry. I looked in my mirror and saw a blur of green running. I could see his toes and then he jumped on the roof of my car. I thought I heard a grunt and then I could see his fingers through the front windshield, where they curled around on the roof. I sped up and swerved to shake the creature off.” Davis would later give a clearer physical description of the creature as being around seven feet tall with the same details as above.

Davis arrived home in a panicked state, waking up his parents. Trying to figure out what had happened, his father went out to look at the car. There were scratches around the door handle and the side-view mirror had been twisted badly. On the top of the car was a series of deep scratches and grooves.

This report sparked off a rush of Lizard Man reports that lasted all summer and encompassed not just Scape Ore Swamp and Bishopville, South Carolina where the original report was made, but the whole of Lee County. At the height of the Lizard Man scare, police were recieving so many calls about the Lizard Man that people with more immediate problems could not get through, and a seperate Lizard Man Hotline had to be established.

By August of the same year the Lizard Man scare had died down, and few reports concerning it have been made since.

[edit on 29-12-2005 by German Researcher]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join