It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP/ED: Exclusive Report: Interview With Australian Mysterious Object Witness Mrs H Bignell.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Following is a phone interview by myself with a witness of the mysterious object sighted over West Australian skies last night. Mrs Helen Bignell was travelling a little north of the west Australian town of Kojonup in a southerly direction and was a passenger in a vehicle driven by her husband.

Hello Mrs Bignell and thank you for your time. I would like to ask you a few questions about the object you sighted last night over the town of Kojonup in Western Australia. Can you tell me in your words what you saw.

My husband I and were travelling south and I had just commented on the moon which was visible on the horizon. It was a small sliver of a moon. The next thing the sky lit up like daylight, a bit like when the moon comes out sometimes from behind a cloud. I looked up and overhead was a large round silver object travelling fast from west to east. After a bit when the object was well over the east I saw a greenish red trail rather like fireworks exploding behind it. There was then a second object following the first.

My husband and I kept driving into town and when we arrived at the tennis club we were surroundd by people asking us if we had seen the object. The people at the tennis club also commented on a loud bang which someone described as a sonic boom, some time after they saw the object. The boom was followed by the ground shaking and everything rattling not unlike an earthquake. The noise was described as something like thunder.

So you didn't hear the boom yourself.

No as I stated we were in the car travelling and only saw the object and didn't hear the boom. Many people in town witnessed the booming noise and shaking though.

How long after the object was visible did the people hear the boom.

Sometime afterwards I would say a few minutes at least. It did not occur straight after the object was spotted from the many people I have spoken to about the event.

How fast was the object travelling.

The object was moving fast across the sky. I couldn't give a proper timeframe as it happened so quickly. It moved very fast though.

You say the tail when you viewed it to the east was greenish red and like fireworks, was that tail visible when you first spotted the object overhead.

No when I looked up all I saw was the circular silver object. It wasn't until it was well over to the east that it developed the trail.

Have you yourself or anyone you know witnessed any other mysterious objects lately.

Not myself personally but there was a lady in town who witnessed some mysterious lights a little over two months ago.

After the event last night was there an increase in plane activity or helicopters in the area.

No there were not. I have been in town today where everyone is talking about the event and someone would have said something about that if it had happened.

Given the fact that Peter Birch has now stated the object to be a meteor, in hindsight what do you believe you saw in the skies last night.

I would say it was something like space junk or a satellite. It was round and silver when it was overhead. Another lady I was speaking to from just south of Kojonup said she actually thought when she looked that the object was going to land at the towns airport.

Thank you for your time today Mrs Bignell your Interview will be published on Above Top Secret News Network at www.atsnn.com...

In brief I would say there is wreckage somewhere. This lady is a credible witness and with he information she supplied, I do not think this was a meteor at all. Space junk perhaps as she said but for now it will be put down as mysterious.

Related News Links:
www.abc.net.au
www.kojonup.wa.gov.au

t

[edit on 4-12-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Hi, do you think that it might have been this? [You have to scroll down a little].

The scaled experimental Supersonic Transport SST, launched at 7:06 (a.m.) on 10 October, 2005 local time, at the Woomera Test Range, Australia, flew and landed normally. Flight condition planned to acquire the technical telemetry data was achieved. Total flight time was 15 minutes and 22 seconds, test altitude and speed were 12 km - 19 km and Mach 1.9 - 2.

I realise it says 10th Oct, however, could testing not be ongoing? I don't know. Nor in fact, do I know anything about the geography of Australia, so no idea if it's anywhere near. However, all those unknowns aside, possible link?

[edit on 4/12/05 by Implosion]

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Fascinating .. In light of my thread dated 15th of October. Now I am in north eastern Australia but I now wonder at all the tie ins.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The above object should not have been there. The moon was behind me. In the the one before and the next frame below it wasn't there.

Also a report along similiar lines earlier this year occured in similar area.

www.atsnn.com...

Also the interesting thing in both the above atsnn story and my current one is that both events were "debunked" and dismissed by Peter Birch of the West Austraian Observatory.

www.abc.net.au...
Saturday, April 2, 2005. 0:34am
The Perth Observatory is attempting to figure out if an unidentified object seen in the skies of Western Australian and the Northern Territory earlier tonight, was space junk or a large meteorite.

Astronomer Peter Birch says the unidentified object was tracked from the south coast of Western Australia, to north of Alice Springs.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
It sounds like a quite typical description of a meteor fireball. I don't see anything unusual or mysterious in the eyewitness description.

Good get though, Mayet

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
They had some footage on the afternoon news in Sydney of the Perth object. It just looks like any other meteorite cought on camera. They are saying that it's size was between a case of beer and a Volkswagon and that it disintergrated at 100km altitude.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Hey, Mayet! Thanks for both articles on this and thanks for going beyond on the interview. But this needs to be an EXCLUSIVE: category - not OP/ED Exclusive.

Can you go in and edit your title so that it throws it over to the EXCLUSIVE category?

multi-thumbalated ups

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
the strangest thing is that it may have crashed down or whatever maybe i life in holland I was in a town called Zevehuizen (GN) and around 0.05 - 0.15 I believe it was around that time roughly. My friend which lifes acorss the street and my girlfriend saw a verry bright flash of white light in the nothern parts of the sky it lit up the whole nothern sky but believe it might have been above the north sea or around the north pole it was far away in the nothern sky but was cloudy and it was not going over our heads it all was taking place in the distance in the northern part of the sky. light lit up the clouds in the sky so what it was I don't now but now I was reading this story I believe it might be connected.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I also saw an object like the lady described.

I live in Boddington a few dozen K's from Kojonup.
I was at the Crossman roadhouse at around 9 when the sky turned bright purple i was walking towards my car and the light was bright enough to make very sharp shadows of everything in the carpark.

When i turned around i saw the object falling towards the hill behind me it was bright green and was trailing white and orange white sparks that looked like the flash from arc welding.

It took about 2 seconds to move from directly above me to behind the hill about 800 metres away and when it passed the hill i felt a dull thud through the ground.

Ive seen lots of shooting stars before but never one thats green, i think ill file this one in my "No idea" box.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Great interview mayet

There is some footage here of the incident in australia, must say though that looks like a meteor too me, have a look guys. Great footage!

BBC Streaming Video

Cant get a direct link url: So look on the above, At the moment its on the front page to the right 1/2 way down, however may have to search the site to find it after a few hours.

Regards Elf

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Great work Mayet - thank you!

Hope you keep us updated as new info comes in.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Im not so fast to accept the meteor version. If they said space junk or a satellite coming down I would have been far more likely to accept it.

I don't know for sure but it still a bit "odd"

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
Hi, do you think that it might have been this? [You have to scroll down a little].

The scaled experimental Supersonic Transport SST, launched at 7:06 (a.m.) on 10 October, 2005 local time, at the Woomera Test Range, Australia, flew and landed normally. Flight condition planned to acquire the technical telemetry data was achieved. Total flight time was 15 minutes and 22 seconds, test altitude and speed were 12 km - 19 km and Mach 1.9 - 2.

I realise it says 10th Oct, however, could testing not be ongoing? I don't know. Nor in fact, do I know anything about the geography of Australia, so no idea if it's anywhere near. However, all those unknowns aside, possible link?

[edit on 4/12/05 by Implosion]

Since writing the above, I have seen the footage, and am obviously miles away.

It was the reports of the booms that led me to think that there might be a relation, if anyone is interested. No? Nevermind then.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Our ancestors must have been treated to sights such as this many times in their pre-historic world. Imagine how frightened and confused they must have been.

Looking for explanations, they turned to the tribal enchanter. The rest is not history, but religion.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I work at tracking satellites and space junk at a GEODSS (Ground Based-Electro-Optical Deep Space Surveillance) on Diego Garcia. If a sensitive, secret, satellite decays and enters the atmosphere, no one would admit it. Sometimes we track satellites, but the Air Force won't tell us what they are because it is so secret. So maybe it was just a secret decay. Most of our satellites are crammed around the equator, so Australia wouldn't be such a strange place to crash.

Tonight, if my friend is working, I'll call 1 Space Command at Cheyenne Mountain and see if he has heard anything.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I've seen meteors before over here but never have I seen one that seems to have flashes of brightness like I've seen on that vidoe footage. Curioser & curioser................

new topics

top topics

join