It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Objects Be Haunted?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Has anyone on this site ever had something in their home that you felt had evil associated with it?
I have and I'm cleaning out my house of things that I believe have this energy.
I buy alot of things at yard sales and estate sales to sell on auctions and I think I have had a few of these objects in my house,
I have a pair of white owl figurines and I have a bad feeling about them.
Has anyone else had this experience?
Also a picture of a clown that I threw away.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I have had an experience like that. I bought a statue of a demon from a friend and had weird "vibes" from it from the start. Weird things started happening and eventually I destroyed the statue and immediately felt a sense of relief.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Yes i have also expreienced this...

I brought a African figure from a car boot sale...... When i first spotted it i thought it looked really odd..... so believed it would look good as a talking piece in my home.

When i arrived home and found it a spot....i just had this odd feeling about it,

It just did not seem right, i started to feel really creeped out by it, so i decided to put it away in a box,

Then here comes this bit that scared me, my dog started barking and growling at the box and then ripped the box and got the figure and took it out in the garden,

I tryed to get it off the dog but he then started growling at me, he was almost attacking this figure though, and i just thought then this thing is evil,

Once i got the dog (having to put his collor on and drag him in) i put the figure on the bonfire,
it never burned fully so i put it in a trash can in another street lol

[edit on 16-11-2005 by asala]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I'm not sure about 'haunted', but I think objects can certainly be 'cursed' or be 'carriers' of bad vibes. Items are often 'charged' for good luck or protection, in the practice of 'white' magic. They may also be imbued with more of a darker purpose in mind, in much the same way. ( voodoo dolls come to mind.)

I looked into some of this years ago, after finding something that I decided was used as, or came to be, something of a 'bad luck charm'......after I let my curiosity get the better of me......and picked it up.

It was an odd little bundle sitting atop a concrete road marker that stood on a sort of little island in the middle of a three way intersection. This was a dirt road in a fairly remote area, but I often used it as a short cut. I had bypassed the bundle several times after it first 'appeared', but one day I stopped and got out to take a closer look.

It was a fist-sized rock, wrapped in a dirty, torn cloth and tied with a string. Hearing another car coming, I hopped back in my car, taking it all with me, thinking I would show it to a friend who I had mentioned it to a day or so before. Just as I turned to leave the 'island', I noticed a pentagram drawn in chalk at the base of the concrete marker.

The 'thing' rolled around in my back floorboard for a couple of days before I remembered to show it to my friend. After looking at it, and hearing about the pentagram on the road marker, she decided it had been used in a spell or a curse of some sort, and that I should get rid of it or take it back where I found it or it might bring me bad luck..........

Now it could have been my imagination, but it did seem like I'd already had a run of odd bad luck while that bundle was in rolling around in my car......so we drove out to return it.......and found that another bundle had been put on the marker to replace the one I had taken!! I slowed down long enough to toss the first one out beside the marker, and got an immediate feeling of relief!!

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Absolutely!! Objects definately can be haunted.
New ones. Old ones. Doesn't matter.

I will NEVER buy anything at a garage sale.
Those things come with lots of energy they
soaked up. Not all of it good.

As far as new stuff - when my daughter was
three we bought her a little doll at KMart.
The minute that thing came into the house
we had spooks. Things knocking... noises...
strange feelings. We finally narrowed it down
to that doll. I took the doll out to the trash
and everything calmed down.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I think objects can be 'invested' with energy either incidentally or intentionally, I've had experiences with regards to objects that seem to have brought bad luck, it's a subjective thing but one I don't discount.

If the stone tape theory of hauntings has any validity to it (and I believe it does), it's not too hard to believe, with a little bit of tinkering of the theories mechanics how this could apply to haunted or cursed objects as well.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I would probably have to say pictures of passed away relatives. I usually do not put pictures up of passed away relatives becasue I get a weired feeling when I do. Like they have the power to go in the picture and follow me around the room. I dont do this to forget about them, is just so nothing freaks me out. Ive always had strange feelings around pictures of passed away relatives.

[edit on 11/18/0505 by brodband]

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I was having a MASSIVE string of bad things happening....and eventually started to 'suspect' a Native American Katchina doll.......so I wrapped it in sage and burned it.
I cant begin to describe the DIFFERAQNCE that made in my life and household!

So Im going to say YES.....objects can have an energy with them either positive or negative. I guess it depends on the ~INTENTIONS! of the maker or past owner who had strong feelings for the object.

Anyway if your interested in a full account of my issues with the Katchina doll and its demise...with pictures of the fire I burned it in..here is a link to the thread I wrote about it:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 18-11-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I personally believe in this, however I haven't yet noticed, in person, an actual account. I'd like to see one, or even owning one would be great.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
Has anyone on this site ever had something in their home that you felt had evil associated with it?
I have and I'm cleaning out my house of things that I believe have this energy.
I buy alot of things at yard sales and estate sales to sell on auctions and I think I have had a few of these objects in my house,
I have a pair of white owl figurines and I have a bad feeling about them.
Has anyone else had this experience?
Also a picture of a clown that I threw away.

for sure. objects can have curses on them. anything pagan or occult.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The Warrens have more than one room in their house full of things that are cursed, haunted, possessed... you name it. They lock them up because they have no idea what would be safer than what they are doing. There are also objects that have auras attached to them - usually something that has some significant occult purpose and history.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
How does one aquire such an object?

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by seawater999
anything pagan or occult.

I find this a VERY odd answer.....since Paganism has nothing to do with Occultism..............I could be on board with itams used in the practice of Occultism........but Paganism????? How is recognition of higher powers and attempting to bring 'white light' to the planet somehow negative?

I don't get what your saying............

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Well I see that many of you believe that objects can be haunted.
I have bought many things at yard sales to resell on the internet auctions and we have been having a string of "bad luck" for a very long time.
I threw many of them in the trash a week ago but now my husband won't let me get rid of anymore because he likes the pictures that we have bought and a few other items. He doesn't beleive that there is anything wrong with them.
I also believe that objects carry the energy of the person or persons that owned them previously.
I have also wondered where does a persons energy go after they die?
Does it still linger in the place they lived or in the objects that they loved?
I think so.
I beleive that the woman that died in my house 6 mo before we moved in left her energy in this house and that is why I have put my house up for sale. She can have this place back. I no longer want to live here.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I only have antiques in my home, and each time I am given one or buy one, I have a ritual I do, 'saying you were just borrowing this while you were alive and I am borrowing it now, so leave this home in peace..'
I have a large Georgian sofa with the big lions heads and feet..This one took more than one ritual for it, as I am sure it has had many owners...
Yes, objects have energy, especially old jewelry..

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBurns
How does one aquire such an object?

You DO NOT want to be stuck with one!!
However, since you ask ... google up
haunted furniture. You'll see a bunch.
Sometimes they even end up on EBAY.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Lots of it.
I agree with SIR, I "clean" things entering our home, but sometimes I'm lazy and it'll cause trouble.
I don't move things around in natural enviroment just not to disturb the balance.
WIS

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
I only have antiques in my home, and each time I am given one or buy one, I have a ritual I do,

This is probably a good idea.....especially if you have no idea who the previous owners were.......Most of my old furniture came from the passing of beloved relatives, who wanted me to have these pieces.......so I would like to keep any lingering energy that was left by them. For instance, I get a very kindly feeling from sitting at the old dining table that was handed down from an Aunt and then Grams.......

But there is one piece I've had some problems with.......and I hadn't thought about it before, but I believe I'll try a cleansing ritual on it!

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I no longer pick stuff up I find of the street or road. Personally I don't fear the supernatural too much but there are two reasons for not picking things up that you find.
Firstly it could still belong to someone else, probably everybody loses stuff in public places and is happy to find and annoyed when it been taken.

But from the supernatural perspective it can apparently be a way of being cursed. My sister was telling me about someone who as a girl who had serious trouble when she picked a pile of money of the road, and bought some sweets with it.
It does seem that spirits will through chance put certain things your way and are entitled to getting something of you if claim them as your own.

I would speculate that the “pentagram stone” mentioned by frayed1 was using the same mechanism but obviously done by a person rather than some sort of spirit.

As far as my own experiences go: Till recently my sister was living in a flat above a storage room her landlord used for the antiques he bought and sold. I remember hearing noises downstairs on at least two nights I stayed there which were most probably not caused by the landlord (particularly the last time). Don’t care if you don’t believe my but my sister had marks on her body on many occasions, nothing particularly serious but not always stuff you would expect to get from bed sheet creases. She heard many noises from downstairs which she says were defiantly not the landlord, on one occasion she even thought a burglary was taking place.
Trouble is there was so much stuff down there it’s near impossible to know which or what was causing the trouble.

Just an idea: I’ve heard a theory that some ghosts can be like tape recordings stored in their physical surroundings (say the place they used to live). If so maybe this how other objects can haunt?

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Objects can be haunted in a manner of speaking. Objects that had sentimental or personal value to a deceased person can still have some of their energy and sometimes after death, if things were thrown away or given away against the deceased wishes, their energy comes through as negative vibes to the current owner.

When I was a child and my best friend died, many of her things were given to me. These objects, a jewelry box and several of her favorite books definitely carried with them her vibes and even a particular scent associated with her. After basically being haunted by her, it was then determined by various pandits and magi's that these objects had to be destroyed to break our connection. Once this done along with other rituals to protect me, I no longer experienced her visitations and the all the negative stuff that happened during that time.

Another object that I believe is connected with the dead is a vanity (dresser and mirror) that belonged to my great great grandmother. It is still in the family and while it is haunted in a sense, it is a positive vibe.
My granny has this vanity in her room and sometimes things are moved on it and sometimes out of the corner of your eye you catch a glimpse of a figure sitting infront the mirror, but when you try to look again, nothing is there. We all feel this spirit is the matriarch of our family and no one is scared of it or can any of us ever think of parting with this object from our family.

There is also a very old cuckoo clock in my childhood home which according to family that still live there, stops everytime there is a death in the family. This particular object was a favorite of mines as a child and I never associated any vibes with it to suggest it being haunted, I was very fascinated by the little man and woman who came out at every hour to shake hands, but now some family members swear that it has something paranormal associated with it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join