It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright ORB 'pic', after burning a Katchina!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
here is an interesting 'issue' I have been dealing with.

In my OOBE travels I have been being CONTROLLED.....by this dark presence I have seen as very dark and fuzzy. I have been trying to make it go away to NO avail! I then started seeing it as a Snuggle Bear that was about 9 feet tall.
I have been speaking with other OOBE people about what this could be, and it was suggested to me that MAYBE this was a Navajo clown spirit of somekind, and I was asked if I had a katchina doll. I do, or DID........I had this hand made wooden Katchina Clown dancer with a fierce grimmace on its face. It was given to me about 9 years ago by a woman who has come to hate me, my ex mother in law. In thinking about this doll, I went to it on the shelf to get it and look at it, and it fell completely apart in my hands.....the head came off, bothe arms broke at the shoulders and elbows, and the watermelons it was holding also broke off!

I fixed this doll, but the following day it broke again! I was thinking about maybe giving it away, or destroying it somehow.
Last weekend I was invited to a huge mountain party that lasted 3 days. It was a Pagan wedding and was VERY fun! On the 2nd eve of the party I wrapped the doll in fresh picked sage and tied it all together with a chord, making a neat package. I then tossed the whole thing into the big bon fire, saying "begone Spirit, bother me no more"
About 40 mins later I decided to take a picture of the bon fire to remember the event. The picture is below.
When I loaded the picture on the putor I noticed right away a STRANGE bright white ORB, right above the area where I had burned the Katchina!
It is strange.......so I figured I would share this with you all.

I have no idea WHAT this possibly can be......besides the spirit of the Katchina. It was not visible to the eye, it only shows on the dig camera.

[edit on 12-7-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I have not seen...'whatever it was' I was seeing since I burned this doll.

Maybe this actually worked?

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
It is defiantly not a dust/rain orb. Although I think it is probably similar since you didn't see the orb until you looked at the photo.

Are you still being bothered by the dark presence?

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
No Umbrax......I have not.

There are pics before the bonfire pic and after.......2 after also have orbs, but the ones following do not. They are clear............

The other pics that have orbs are of guys dancing with fire.....and also after I burned the Katchina. This is the pic right after the bonfire pic.

of course these orbs easily could be dust being kicked up..........

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Of course you have an idea of what it could be. The first thing that would come to mind for anyone who thinks rationally would be that it is a light reflection from the lens of your camera. It could alos have simply been a small bit of debris that was on fire and blew up into the wind which could have looked larger by the camera.
I am not saying that is what it is, but you say you "have no idea what it could be".
Just because you "think" there may have been a spirit or something in your doll does not mean that there actually was.
There may have been a spirit in your doll or then again there may have been nothing in your doll and you simply burned a doll in a fire.

[edit on 12-7-2005 by GREGNOW]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Sounds like the doll burning worked in fixing your problem.

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
The other pics that have orbs are of guys dancing with fire.....and also after I burned the Katchina.

There were orbs photographed around a different fire? Maybe the orbs were created from debris from the fire. I've been looking online for similar orbs but I haven't found any yet.

Edit: I almost forgot. Maybe check with the people at TAPS www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com....
They may of seen this type of orb before.

[edit on 12/7/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
No Umbrax SAME fire....just off to the side. The Fire Dancers have burning batons, burning hulla hoops and such.

The dancers were just to the right, of that huge bonfire. The orbs are not near enough to the fire in the dance pics to be related. They COULD be just dust, but not on the lens, they had to be in the air.

Also it was a VERY calm night, as in zero wind. The fire dancers cant work in windy conditions........so no breeze was picking up burning debris.

Nobody was levetating a flashlight over the fire either.....(adding this notation before somebody suggests it
)

The main bonfire pic.......IF burning debris were the factor, don't you think there would have been other orbs as well? Also the sparks would have been visible to the eye? no sparks.....nothing going on, very calm night, except for the party.

Calling this Katchina Clown I am talking about a ~DOLL~....is not really the right word. It was hand carved wood, dressed in leather, real hair and feathers...it was an expensive art piece, costing over 100 dollars at the time of purchase.
It was hand signed by the maker..........it was either Navajo made or Hopi made........

It was not MY idea to focus on this Katchina effigy as the sorce if whatever has been bothering me. This idea came from OTHER experianced OOBE practicioners. I just did as suggested I do..........hoping for the best possible outcome.

I found the bright ORB pic to be very freeky though, so I wanted to share.

You see......the white orb is hovering right ABOVE the remains of the burned effigy.........you can SEE this, the remains in the fire, and the orb right above it.
Its just flippen WIERD is all.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
There does not have to be a wind to make burning debris come out of the fire. The heat rising out of the fire has force enough to do this to the debris that come out of it as the debris that do this usually way like nothing at all...
Also I think it almost impossible that no sparks at all came from the bon fire (as you say). This is simply a VERY common thing that happens in camp and bon fires or any large fires where wood is being burned, so I find hard to believe that no debris at all ever came out of the fires, that would have to be a first ever. Also a very small debris can show up much larger in a pic from it's glare on the camera lens.

[edit on 12-7-2005 by GREGNOW]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   
gregnow,

are you even looking at the picture? you can clearly see other small embers some airborne in the picture and none of them look anything like an intense perfectly glowing orb...
I can understand your want to find a "rational" explanation for this, however you are unfairly and repeatedly catergorically dismissing something using an explanation that does not work. I would suggest rather than continuing to post the same obviously wrong explanation you dig deeper and either find something that could possibly be the right answer. Either that or please move on without continuing to muddy the waters of a perfectly good mystery with repeated assertions that it is something that it obviously is not.

THanks

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Oh man, you SERIOUSLY are seeing things!

This isnt any 'light orb'. If you want to know what it is - have a look at your camera lens. Might be a good idea to clean it.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sugarlump
are you even looking at the picture? you can clearly see other small embers some airborne in the picture and none of them look anything like an intense perfectly glowing orb...

I was going to point this out, but Mr Lump beat me to it...........

It is pretty CLEAR in the pic wich are embers and none of them look like a big glowing BALL, not even a little bit round............OR white.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekial
Oh man, you SERIOUSLY are seeing things!

This isnt any 'light orb'. If you want to know what it is - have a look at your camera lens. Might be a good idea to clean it.

If the camera lens was truly THE cause....then why does the VERY following pic taken maybe 40 seconds later not have the very same lens issue? I am showing the very next pic in the camera.......and I dont see it repeted.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Are the two pictures you have posted the ones taken 40 seconds apart? I cannot explain the lack of consistancy between them, but from someone who uses cameras professionally everyday - I know when i see dust particles on a picture.

[edit on 13-7-2005 by Ezekial]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Looks like all the "orbs" I circled in red are the same thing?
The big one is just closer to the camara.
Sparks from the fire.
Wood sparks like crazy.
You would not have noticed it when you took the pic because they move pretty fast. What's why they look blurry because the shutter speed on your camara is seeing 1/200th (or whatever) of a second of it's movement.

Sorry I don't buy the spririt story...

[edit on 13/7/2005 by ANOK]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   
yes the 2 pics showing were taken about 40 seconds apart or LESS.......first of the fire, then I turned to my right and took the pic of the fire dancer guy.

I told the story to give some background for these pics.....I guess if I had not and just showed the pics it would not sound so far fetched. Oh well, nothing I can do about that now.
The truth is always stranger than fiction, seems to me.

[edit on 13-7-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Sugarlump, you like others on this site do not even read what i am writing. Rivergoddess made the statement that she "has no idea what this could be". I gave her an explaination of what it could be. I never said it was not an orb. for all i know it is an "orb". But the fact is no one on this entire site would be able to say if it is an orb or debris or light fractions from the lens. Plain and simple that is the only fact that can be made from the pictures. Neither you or I can say exactly what it is and be 100% positive.
Rivergoddess then also said that there were NO debris the entire night coming out of the fire which i find impossible to believe from a wood buring fire, especially of that size. she then also said that there was no wind so she did not see how debris could be blown out of the fire. I then pointed out that it is usually the force of the heat rising out of the fire that makes the debris come out of the fire in the first place. It really has nothing to do with the wind. The only thing the wind may do is increase debris flying out of the fire.
as far as the little tiny lights they appear to be that of debris or even the quality of the film.
Sugarlump, your comment about me posting an "obvious wrong answer" shows nothing more then your own ignorance as what I say it "could" be it actually could be exactly. Could it be an "orb"? Yea, it could. And it could also be a minature UFO, or a glow in the dark fairy from the woods or a number of other things.
The ONLY "fact" though is that no one on this entire site can say EXACTLY what it is 100% (including me).
Please keep you ignorant comments to yourself when stating that my possible rational explaination is "obviously wrong"?
The only thing obvious is your ignorance in thinking YOU know EXACTLY what it is.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GREGNOW

Rivergoddess then also said that there were NO debris the entire night coming out of the fire which i find impossible to believe from a wood buring fire,

Yes I did say this......I will be more clear here sorry.
I mean that with practicley no breezes, nothing large or ember like was blown into any of the surrounding field. No one needed to stomp out embers straying from the bonfire.
Yes of course small bits of embers came into the air, it is evidenced in the picture. I clearly see small bits of orangeish color embers in the pic. There is however only one bright white glowing ball. Looks about like a flashlight pointed at the camera. No person was there however.
I find the pic wierd..............especially with the background of exactly what I was burning in that very spot in the bonfire.

I am laffing at the whole preposterous thing really
I mean.......I was willing to do WHATEVER to fight off this odd stalker of my astral life.........and the whole Katchina idea seems so fabulously fictional, but since I DID have one
I thought I would burn it.
Maybe there REALLY IS something to be said for this type od ledgend?
I will never touch another Katchina effigy thats FO SHO! This pic is just........................2 strange.

Even with the red circles over the pic that ANOK has lightened up, that does not make the small orangish embers from the origonal coloration pic I have makes these THINGS look the same. There ARE obvious embers, and one glowing white ball.

TRG*sings*....♪♪♫♪♫"ONE of these things is not like the other,♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
♪♫♪♫One of these things just does'nt belong!
♪Can ya tell wich thing is not like other?♪♫♪♫
♪♫♪♫Now before I finish my song!"♪♫♪
~~♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫~~

[edit on 13-7-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Rivergoddess, remember that even though it appears on the pic as a glowing ball that it could just be a bit of debris that because of the movement of it and the lens of the camera making the little light of the debris actually look bigger then it is and in a circle shape. This has been proven to happen many times when people think thay have pics of orbs. Even that show Ghost hunters on Sci fi, the actuall ghost hunters have proven that things they took pics of and then saw orbs were nothing more then tricks of the camera.
Again, it may well be a orb. But then it may just be debris or even a reflection of another light source that the camera lens picked up. No one can say for sure 100%. Oh, wait Sugarlump thinks he can say for sure what it is since he says my possible explaination is "obviously wrong" (again some people on this site say they are here to ignore ingnorance, but actually just show their own ignorance by their comments).

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
oh crap the image didnt come out ,can someone invert the colours and post it it looks incredibly weird

[edit on 17-7-2005 by elliott reid]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Although I think burning the katchina doll was probably the wisest thing you could have done. Yes, it could have been holding negative energy

Saying that, I don't think "Orbs" are spirits. I think they are dust or refraction of the lens. A digital camera, especially a point and shoot and ESPECIALLY one using an on board flash, tend to bounce light around inside of it. In my photography class we just covered this very thing.

I have seen photos of ghosts I believe are real. But you can see a figure.

The large orb you are pointing out to me looks like light difraction.

www.r.tokeley.btinternet.co.uk... is a link to an article that can explain possible causes

I do hope that whatever was chasing you has stopped though!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join