It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: At least three blasts at hotels in Amman, at least 18 dead

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Explosions, terror in Jordan

CNN.com reports

Explosions rocked three hotels in the Jordanian capital late Wednesday, killing at least 18 people and sending ambulances screaming across downtown, according to wire service reports. The hotels, all Western owned, were a Radisson, Grand Hyatt and a Days Inn. Police said the Radisson explosion hit a wedding hall. "We're evacuating people. Some are dead and there are many wounded," a police official told The Associated Press.

Map:

Developing....

[edit on 9-11-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Drudge has a little blurb:

Radisson, Hyatt, Days Inn in Amman, Jordan hit by 'suicide bombs'; Deaths reported... Developing...

Anybody else have this yet?

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
OK, looks like ABC has some dirt on this:

abcnews.go.com...

AMMAN, Jordan Nov 9, 2005 — Explosions hit three hotels in the Jordanian capital Wednesday night, and at least 18 people were killed and 120 wounded. A police official said the explosions indicated the involvement of al-Qaida, which has launched coordinated attacks on high-profile, Western targets in the past.

The first blast occurred at about 8:50 p.m. at the luxury Grand Hyatt hotel, popular with tourists and diplomats, and completely shattered its stone entrance.

Associated Press reporter Jamal Halaby, who was at the hotel, counted seven bodies being taken away and many more wounded being carried out on stretchers.

A few minutes later, police reported an explosion at the Radisson SAS Hotel a short distance away. Police said five people were killed and at least 20 were wounded in the blast at a wedding hall. The hotel is popular with American and Israeli tourists and was the target of a plot in 2000.

A third explosion was reported at the Days Inn Hotel, and police said there were casualties.

Police had no word on what caused the explosions, although an American businessman at the Grand Hyatt said a bomb went off in the lobby. Witnesses saw smoke rising from the building.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The BBC are reporting it right now.

Apparently , one spokes person says it has the hallmarks of an al-Qaeda attack.

Searching for more info right now.
Edit for info. Just done a google and all the major News agencies seem to be covering it right now.

[edit on 9-11-2005 by Bikereddie]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Is Zarqawi starting a two front war?

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This doesnt suprise me at all, not one bit. Osama vocalized his displeasure with Jordan after the first gulf war, I'm actually siurpised its taken this long for this to happen. I can only imagine the terrorists that can come in from Syria into Jordan. No suprise at all...

And look at which hotels were affected: Western.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
CNN.com is reporting the death toll to have reached 53 so far...

Developing...

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Sky News are reprting right now.
They are stating a lot of dead, but are not giving any figures as yet.
They also say that it was suicide bombers that are behind this.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
Apparently , one spokes person says it has the hallmarks of an al-Qaeda attack.
[edit on 9-11-2005 by Bikereddie]

Seriously now, what is the hallmark of an Al-Qaeda attack?

A big bomb? Or is there some kind of "Joker" calling card left after the scene?

Only asking?

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by uknumpty
Seriously now, what is the hallmark of an Al-Qaeda attack?

The hallmark of an al Qaeda attack is multiple, nearly simultaneous attacks within one city, country or general area.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I have to say that is only their modus operendei since 9/11, and the Bush presidency, Djohn. Al Qaeda didnt have a name before and they didnt strike in 3's either.

Go figure.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The hallmark of an al Qaeda attack is multiple, nearly simultaneous attacks within one city, country or general area.

So I was nearly right. Bombs instead of just a bomb.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The al Qaeda multiple attack strategy probably started with the African Embassy bombings (during the Clinton admin). Since then, the only major al Qaeda attack that was singular was the bombing of the Cole I think.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
There is more to this than meets the eye.

Israelies Evacuated From Amman Hotel Hours BEFORE Terrorist Bombings

How did they know???

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I have to say that is only their modus operendei since 9/11, and the Bush presidency, Djohn. Al Qaeda didnt have a name before and they didnt strike in 3's either.

Go figure.

The modus operendei of the Israeli Mossad is to get out their people before the false flag attacks hit.

Same as on 911.

How many Israelies died in the WTC on 911?

HINT

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Yeah it was the Zionist Jews, the Mossad and lets throw in Bush just for good measure; after all they're responsible for all the world's evils, right?

:shk:

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Yeah it was the Zionist Jews, the Mossad and lets throw in Bush just for good measure; after all they're responsible for all the world's evils, right?

lol is that supposed to be intended in a sarcastic way ?

Because I am sure most people would actually agree with that statement

C'mon, the Israeli's were all notified of SOMETHING to evacuate
gee! I wonder what they may have been

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJadedC'mon, the Israeli's were all notified of SOMETHING to evacuate
gee! I wonder what they may have been

Most likely good intelligence combined with a bit of a "gut" feeling. While it is true that this was a hit for their intelligence department, we probably don't hear about all the misses that they have. Evacuate, evacuate!....Whoops, false alarm. Still the Israelis are very experienced in this area and they know that the only way to win is to be very vigilant. Let's face it, the Mossad evacuating 12 people which turns out to be a false alarm isn't going to make CNN. Who knows how many false alarms go unreported.

[edit on 9-11-2005 by dbates]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   

No one is blaming Bush for this, and no one is blaming the 'Zionist Jews' for all the worlds evils, but the facts do seem to implicate Israel in a False Flag attack.

Something they are well known for.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I'm sure someone has already mentioned this: but, do you think there's any significance to the fact that today is 11/9? I am not a numerology buff, but I do try to find some kind of order amongst the chaos..a code so to speak.

joey

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join