It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

graveyard alternative

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I've had this idea floating around in my head for a while now.

WHAT IF a familly decided to take up the tradition of cremation- like for instance ME my husband, children, grandchildren, etc.... and with our ashes a single tree was planted for each person and Wah-lah.. and orchard or a forest grew ? Wouldnt that be great? NOT a graveyard but an orchard instead?

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
also we could use the decomosing humans to help the plants growth, wouldnt it just be easier to have 3 trees min. planted for each human thats alive.
the problem with us humans is we are too sentimental, no way most people would agree to this even though it would be better for the race as a whole

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Interesting idea. You would not need to be cremated necessarily. You could be buried in a burial cloth and have a tree or trees planted as your gravestone per say.

I am sure if that would catch on you would hear stuff like:

"You know that forest is hunted."
"I seen some strange lights in those trees."
"When the wind blows through the trees I swear I hear the dead whispering."
"Look at that tree I see the face of (insert name here) in the outline of the bark"
etc..
etc..
etc..

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Yeah there are alot of factors to consider... like the weather especially!

People would freak if they came up to visit Grandma but found her tree had been destroyed by lightening. "ACK! GRANDMA went to HELL!" or something to that nature.. (maybe grandma was a bad example cause I love my grandma)

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
'god' strikes down one tree in the middle of hundred because killing them of was not good enough that will set an example

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
he done the unimaginable.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Hahaha

"Musta ben one hellova sinner!"

new topics

top topics

join