It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to wash fruit and vegetables with.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This question pertains to those who dont buy organic fruit and vegetables.

1)How many of you wash your fruit and vegetables with some sort of soap?
2)should i bother)
3)Is there any benefit to doing this?
4)What should i wash it with?I have an unperfumed chemical free handwash but the fruit and veg would still end up smelling like coconut oil.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I've heard you can fill up the sink with water and pour a tiny bit of bleach in there to wash your vegetables.

I say just give in to the chemicals. They're going to find you one way or another.

Peace

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Sometimes I wash my fruit and sometimes I don't. If I do, I just rinse with a little water.....no big deal. We all have to die of something.

Personally I think the whole organic veg and fruit deal is a massive scam. I saw a documentary on TV that most "organic" fruit is no different than any other fruit in terms of what it's grown in and wht it's sprayed with...it's just bs....like bottled water, which most of is as bad as tap water........

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
You could just 'peel ' the fruit......
I have always liked to eat fruit with the skin on.....but simply peeling away the skin may be alright!
If on the other hand, the fruit is genetically altered, peeling away the skin will not be any better......who knows!

I did read in some 'health magazine'' that out of all vegies and fruit that are non organic, the one to avoid is the Potato...apparently when it is cooked....hmmm can't remember what happens(I did not read the full article!)

Which makes many, if not all of the Potato chips not good for you.
Corn?
and beetroot are also best avoided if non organic.

helen

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Uforia_

Personally I think the whole organic veg and fruit deal is a massive scam. I saw a documentary on TV that most "organic" fruit is no different than any other fruit in terms of what it's grown in and wht it's sprayed with...it's just bs....

Actually having some experience wiht the organic farm here on campus, it's not a scam. There is nothing sprayed on the plants besides water if they need watering. They are grown in top soil mixed with homemade compost, and possibly some fertilizer but i don't think so. To be declared an organic farm you can have any chemicals used on the property for 3 or 5 years (I think that might include the use of some fertilizers not positive).

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

What to wash fruit and vegetables with.

Ok,here goes!

Tarzan, I would have thought JANE would have tought you how one is to wash fruit and vegies!

helen
ps....it's late and im a bit tired...dont mind me..... bad sense of humour!

[edit on 10/21/2005 by helen670]

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a lot of produce is covered in some waxy crap, whether it's GMO, or not.
i find it's impossible to get off. maybe bleach would work, but i'm not comfortable with eating bleach.

i peel them, or just eat the waxy crap.

tragic times when the government/industry won't stop playing with our food. didn't these people have parents?

new topics

top topics

join