It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Agent Confesses to Twin Bombings in Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

An individual arrested in connection with Saturday’s twin bombings in the south-western city of Ahwaz has confessed to have received British training in Iraq to carry out the attacks, the Iranian Majlis (Parliament) deputy for the oil-rich city announced on Monday.

“The arrested individual is a deceived person who received the necessary training in Iraq”, Nasser Soudani told the Fars news agency, close to the office of Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

“Foreign agents, led by treacherous and criminal Britain, have trained teams in Iraq to create insecurity and an air of fright and terror in the province of Khuzestan”, Soudani said, referring to the ethnic Arab-dominated province whose capital is Ahwaz.

Saturday’s twin bombings in a central Ahwaz shopping centre left at least six people dead and over 100 injured.

Continued....

This makes me wonder about other bombings where there was no clear motive, or attacker, but the Brits went ahead and Blamed AQ anyway.

Boogy men are what people like Bush, and Blair need more than anything else.

By creating enemies they get to look like action heros instead of having to answer questions about debt, service, taxes, and all of those other things they try to defer.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Once again your source is crap. Its a pro Iranian site with an obvious political agenda. I'm sure the Iranians are anxious to paint Britain as the bad guy when in fact it is Iran who is helping Iraqi insurgents to create more powerful bombs. They also aid several terrorist groups who would not hesitate to slit a westerners throat. Oh yeah and in case you didn't read it they stone people to death. Iran is obviously a civilized and credible country.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This source is dubious at best. Its interesting that people on this board question western news sources all the time and yet sites like 'Iran Focus' are taken as fact.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Yeah what USAF6933 said.

I totally agree certainly a clearly biased source.

[edit on 10/18/2005 by shots]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Only Muslims will believe this, but then again, that's exactly who the article is targetting.

But why would Al Quaeda target Iran, that doesn't fill me with a sense of certainty either.

cjf

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAF6933
Once again your source is crap.....-[snip]-

Yep, starting to get very old, very fast.

Perhaps giving some 'thought' to using your posted sources, as the posted sources you often post assume you 'do not think'.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Winchester Ranger T
Only Muslims will believe this, but then again, that's exactly who the article is targetting.

Which is exactly the point.

Of course most who consume American, and other Western media will discount it as untrue, while the opposite will happen on the opposite side of the world.

To the others, please continue to heap your scorn on the sources.

But why would Al Quaeda target Iran, that doesn't fill me with a sense of certainty either.

They have no reason to attack the people of Iran.

No one does other than US and UK.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
This source is dubious at best. Its interesting that people on this board question western news sources all the time and yet sites like 'Iran Focus' are taken as fact.

www.iranfocus.com...

Look at the news section.

Other than the article posted here, are any not 'fact'?

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAF6933
Once again your source is crap. Its a pro Iranian site with an obvious political agenda.

That's the same site that Skippytjc uses for his anti-Iranian articles.
I always though it was biased myself but biased against Iran not in favor of it.

I think the June bombing were suspicious but I don't know if the Brits were behind it.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This source is bogus, and even if what they are reporting was said, who is to say Iran did not torture/blackmail it out of him or an op by Iran to drum up anti-coolition support from people that seem to hate it so much (such as your self)?

In short, this is bunk.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
let me get this straight
its ok for people here to use biased websites aslong as it is pro US and so on and in their intrest
but the same cant be done for the other side
talk about irony

ps only time i take something seriously is when i read it in the main stream media or reliable source

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Bodrul I 100% agree.

People talk about websites being biased, but the people on THIS website are the most biased.

How dare u talk about the US and the UK as if they are the offenders.

HONESTLY, were trying to save the Iraqi people, why cant u see that public, dont worry about the bombs hitting weddings, or the evidence which was.. well proven to be lies... WE Trying to do whats best for mankind..
BY Destroying it-

the UK Blames IRAN for the bombs...
the UK gets caught shooting at the police, while wearing arab clothing.
It wouldnt surprise me one bit if it were true the Brits training bombers for Iran. How else do u think the war in that country is going to start?

I wouldnt half expect the US to be pulling some strings to ensure the brits train these guys.

This war is nothing but BS, the public is starting to see that. So why wouldnt anything that PROLONGS the war be considered honest?

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Well reading the article it doesn't seem to be enforcing an opinion, it's just reporting what has been said by officials. Imagine it's CNN not Iran and you should be able to read it without feeling like Al-Qaeda is trying to brain wash your feeble mind.

With that said, this is going to keep happening i think. It feels like it could be the next big scandle to come out if it gets to a point where the claims can't be ignored anymore.

From the article:

“Iranian rulers are clearly fuming over what they perceive as Tony Blair’s government coaxing the European Union towards a tougher position on Iran’s nuclear program”, said Simon Bailey of the London-based Gulf Intelligence Monitor.

Now put your thinking cap on and ask yourself "why would M15 (and no doubtably CIA/ISI/MOSSAD/ASIO) be trying to fake terrorist attacks to blame on Iran in the Iranian/Iraq border towns?"

Answer: Iran then looks like an international terrorist nation who attacks at will - ie, It's not responsable enough to handle uranium so the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) votes no on Iran using it.

And by stopping Iran getting Uranium, the west recieve these amazing prizes:

* Destroying billion dollar Uranium & machinary trade deals between Iran & Russia, keeping them cold, hungry & under your thumb for a little longer.
* Pissing off China as their Russian alliance becomes weaker.
* Keeping Isreal, your Middle East trophy of dominance, the unquenstioned regional super-power that can always fire back harder than it's neighbours.
* Add if they really want, they will be starting WW3 (or 4 as some say) by forcing Isreal to bomb Iran if they continue with their plans which must happen before the Russian fuel is delivered, which then will make Russia militarily back up their middle eastern investment or else end up on the Middle Eastern hitlist too and having to bow to the US. If Russia can't handle it, in comes China and from there Australiasia and indo/china is shaken up and drawn into fighting, while Europe/US try to fight different areas too and the world is fighting.
* Plus a 24-set of Ginsu steak knives.

This is why Colin Powell refered to the WoT administrators as the "F-ing Crazies". They are going for all out global war, like the 1900's we're kicking off the century with a World War - winner takes all.
This is what they call the NWO moving toward a globalised world. The Military leaders want to make themselves war heros. The energy crisis can be addressed in a way which fuels the banking & industrial sector and the people can be controlled a lot easier with far reaching laws or a gloomy future prospect if else.

All it takes is creating an enemy.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Gee, why would I not trust an Iranian website? Is it because Iran's new President was one of the hostage takers at the American Embassy?

www.cbc.ca... ... 06/30/iran-hostages050630.html

Or perhaps because this same President bragged on his election podium that Islam will sweep the world? ( A warning that Bush reiterated just this past week?)

I dunno...pick one. Better yet, give me a minute. I'm sure I can find TONS more.

In regards to this bomber who was STUPID enough to get caught...the article doesn't really mention the nationality of the bomber. There isn't even an implicaton that he's an Iraqi...but there are statements made outright that he was trained by the Brits! Would anyone care to bet that this guy IS Iranian? Or perhaps Saudi?

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I think that it is foolish to immediately discount a source because it isn't BBC or CNN. There have been many stories that have first surfaced on these "controversial" sites that have later been proven to be factual even though they were suppressed by the MSM. Even if you doubt the source it might be wise to take note and investigate the possiblities.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Firstly, this is clearly anti-propoganda by the Iranians.

If it had a shred of truth, the Media in the west would be on it like rabbits in spring.

The BBC would not shy away from this, as they haven't done in the past for other, more substantiated claims, say the "US starving Iraqis" claim.

Secondly....

posted by ArchAngel
They have no reason to attack the people of Iran.

Well, actually they do.

You see, Al Qaeda (or whoever they are) are Arab Sunni Wahabbist's. The Mullahs in Iran are Shia and not Arabs.

There is a clear ideological split in the the two camps and they would readily fight against each other as willingly as they would against the west. In fact, there have, in the past, been calls from AQ for the downfall of the Iranian Islamic Republic due to its shia prominence.

Its rather like the claims of AQ working with Saddam. It wouldn't happen as the two camps hate each other. Like the Catholics and Protestants in Ireland. Its all the same bollocks wherever you go.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toelint
Gee, why would I not trust an Iranian website? Is it because Iran's new President was one of the hostage takers at the American Embassy?

That was already proven false months ago, soon after the allegations were made.

The site is biased but, as I stated earlier, it is not biased in favor of the Iranian Government.

The site is run by the Mujahadin E Qalq (MEK), which is an anti-Iranian terror group.

I'm not sure what their angle is on this particular incident.

www.payvand.com...

1) The current executive director of Iran Focus is Mohammad Hanif Jazayeri. Hanif is the son of Hassan Jazayeri. Until three years ago, Hassan Jazayeri was rumored to have died in 1980 as a result of being abandoned by MKO and Iraqi trainers. Later the story was changed to Hassan being executed by the Iranian regime for his membership with the MKO. Given Iran and the MKO's history of human rights abuses, I won't argue which is the correct account. Before Iran Focus was ever created, Hanif has time after time advocated his support for the MKO. In fact, earlier this year Hanif was engaged engaged in a campaign to remove the MKO from the UK’s list of terrorist organizations (it is worth noting that the MKO is also included in the State Department's list of terrorist organizations.)

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Because Al Quaeda is a radical Sunni organization that sees Shiites (like the Iranians) as apostates that need to be killed. The same reason they're slaughtering Shiites all over Iraq. Contrary to what you'll see on WND or similar "news" outlets, radical Islam is not all one big happy family working together...

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It is assumed that if there was anything to this story that the Western news outlets would be covering this.
Would they? Who do they work for? Who owns them?

To date, we have discredited every news source known to man. There isn't a news outlet that has not been declared biased or a propaganda machine. This being the case, who is it that we are to trust?

Regardless of any other motivating factors, Iran is a target because it is not a democracy.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well actually, it is a democracy.

Unfortunately the mullahs have the power to disqualify candidates that don't meet their religious standard: IE anyone who would take power away from the mullahs. So while it's a democracy, it's a rather limited one.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join