It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Ghost Photos Ever ? ( You Decide )

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Do you beleive in ghosts ? Well I do. Here is a collection of some of the best in the past. I found them at Paranormal Phenomana . These are all from years ago and considered to be the real deal. There was no digital cameras and photoshop in those days. I only posted one picture to give you an idea of the type photos they have put together at the above link.
For those of you whom do not believe please study closely and those that do say I told you so. I invite opinion and other old pictures that you may have but no digital please.

The Specter of Newby Church
This photograph was taken in 1963 by Reverend K. F. Lord at Newby Church in North Yorkshire, England. It has been a controversial photo because it is just too good. The shrouded face and the way it is looking directly into the camera makes it look like it was posed – a clever double exposure. Yet supposedly the photo has been scrutinized by photo experts who say the image is not the result of a double exposure.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Its simply a double exposure.

The technique was understood at the very beginnings of photography.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I respect your opinion archangle, but I do not agree. How can you explain the robe drapping over the step at the bottom of the image above and what would he have to gain at the church if found to be a fake. I think that would have been too big a chance for the man to take.

Here is another photo taken by a mother that lost a child.

Baby Ghost
A woman named Mrs. Andrews was visiting the grave of her daughter in a cemetery in Queensland, Australia in 1946 or 1947. Her daughter Joyce had died about a year earlier, in 1945, at the age of 17. Mrs. Andrews saw nothing unusual when she took this photo of Joyce's gravemarker.

When the film was developed, Mrs. Andrews was astonished to see the image of a small child sitting happily at her daughter's grave. The ghost child seem to be aware of Mrs. Andrews since he or she is looking directly into the camera.

[edit on 10-10-2005 by Harry55]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   

How do you explain the robe draping over the step at the bottom of the image

The double exposure was taken with him in the picture, and not in the picture without moving the camera.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Reminds me of the movie Scream. Looks like he went to the future and saw the movie then decided to buy the costume then go back to the past.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Ive only seen one photo in my entire life that I truly believe had some sort of ghost / angel in it.

I made a thread about it, but I still have not asked the lady that has it permission to scan it. I really really would like to.

It has alot of detail, it actually felt very odd to look at it, since you do not know what you are looking at. Its some human being....?

I cant remember how old the photo would be, its black and white, quite aged. Its the original and this isnt a person that would fake something like this. She takes it quite seriously and its a religous person.

I just want to scan that image and blow it up as much as I can. Alas, the time has not yet come.

About thesee, well I dont know what to think. When I compare it to the image in question that I mentioned, its nowhere near the same, either of them.

In the first one I cant quite tell what is going on. The second one is a bit strange, the detail on the face is great, and then it pans out. Im not sure why it would do that.

I believe I left behind a detailed description of what was going on in the photo I seen in my thread.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This one a police officer took and swears this is real. Very interesting !

[edit on 12-10-2005 by Harry55]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I looked through the link @ paranormal.about.com...

There are some interesting photos in the sets. The one where the man is coming out of the ground behind the man dressed in old western clothes is just plain weird.

Even if its fake, its got the weird value down.

Edit to show the photo:

Doesnt look like a typical "ghost" photo. Its just.... weird.

[edit on 12-10-2005 by Dulcimer]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The only information I have on this is that it was taken on Hwy 78 in Alabama in the 60's after a storm. Anyone know different?

Mod Edit: bb code

[edit on 13-10-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Here is another photo taken by a mother that lost a child.

Dude look at the size of that baby. ROFL.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
paranormal.about.com...

I looked through that link and laughed, because theres a supposedlly haunted old highschool and I went there and talked to the owner his names Jim. Anyways he has a ohto EXACTLY like this one. Only it's in color, SO I think that it's a fake also. Just because I don't think this guy is very intellegent, So it probablly wouldn't be to hard to make a fake.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by inspiringyouth

I looked through that link and laughed, because theres a supposedlly haunted old highschool and I went there and talked to the owner his names Jim. Anyways he has a ohto EXACTLY like this one. Only it's in color, SO I think that it's a fake also. Just because I don't think this guy is very intellegent, So it probablly wouldn't be to hard to make a fake.

Post of the year. Keep up the good work!

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Stories of child ghosts make me wonder. WHY would God
allow children to wander the earth lost and/or confused,
lonely, looking for parents, etc?? That's CRUEL .. if He
allows it.

JAK

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Hey FF that depends on what view you have of ghosts. The one which holds most water with me is that a powerful event is somehow recorded by it's surroundings rather than the ghost being a soul etc.

Jak

[edit on 13/10/05 by JAK]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Honey, I Blew Up the Kid
It also seems to be posing for the camera.

The one in the passenger seat of the truck is the coolest one but in the end I think it's just the background behind the truck being seen through the rear window. Still pretty neat though.

Peace

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Originally posted by Lysergic

Honey, I Blew Up the Kid
It also seems to be posing for the camera.

The one in the passenger seat of the truck is the coolest one but in the end I think it's just the background behind the truck being seen through the rear window. Still pretty neat though.

Peace

really funny lol.

Any way ArchAngel, i believe that you have got it right, i have had soo many double exposures. For me they tended to occur at the end of the film. But are double expousures not in opaqe and not translucent? They always have beem for me.

Harry55, that photo does look to be genuine.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Double Exposures, for those who don't know, are where you expose open the shutter, expose the film (like normal) but then don't advance the frame of the film and open the shutter again. You can control how 'opqaue' any element is by having different exposure times.

Photo.net Examples, including 'ghostly' images.

Examples

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The most intriguing picture i have seen is a picture of a child playing, but in the picutre you see what looks like a skeletal form comprised of ectoplasm laying down on the floor. It doesn't look like it has any flaws in it, and you can tell from some of the items in the picture that its dated, back before digital manipulation was even concieved. When i get home i will have to dig up this photo and paste it.

-Aza

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This thread also has "interesting" pictures within:

Ghost Pictures thread

imo the girl in the burning building pic is one of the best examples of a ghost caught on film.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Check out for more ghost pictures www.coasttocoastam.com...
however i don't know how to post pictures for those of intrested in other stuff like UFOs or strange pictures they've got you covered.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join