It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Christian School Expels Girl for Having Gay Parents

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
A 14-year-old student has been expelled from Ontario Christian School because her parents are lesbians. After the school administrators learned of the parents' relationship, they told them that their daughter could no longer attend the school.

www.foxnews.com
A Christian school expelled a 14-year-old student because her parents are lesbians, the school's superintendent said in a letter. Shay Clark was expelled from Ontario Christian School on Thursday

"Your family does not meet the policies of admission," Superintendent Leonard Stob wrote to Tina Clark, Shay's biological mother. The school's policy states that at least one parent cannot engage in practices "immoral or inconsistent with a positive Christian life style such as cohabitating without marriage or in a homosexual relationship," Stob wrote.

After school officials told Clark that her daughter could no longer attend the school, the mother was ordered to remove Shay from cheerleading practice, collect the girl's belongings and leave the property.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I`m shocked and stunned. This girl cannot attend this school because her parents are lesbians? What kind of monsters is this?

Related News Links:
www.latimes.com

[edit on 2005/9/23 by Hellmutt]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Not surprising, but sad nonetheless.

This is in Ontario, California by the way. Not in Canada.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This has happened before in Orange Country (I think i posted a similar story last year). This is sort of a 'Love thy neighbor, But pass judgement on them" sort of thing :shk:

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
This is a private school, not a public one, so they are permitted to do whatever they want.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
That is true, however, talk about passing judgement. Perhaps with all the priest related sexual abuse going on let he who is without sin cast the first stone

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Don't anybody love the way Christian schools teach their brotherly love

I tell you when you can used God to fit any agendas under the umbrella of righteousness it makes you wonder what will happen to this nation if Christian fundamentals have their way.

Prejudices, racism, intolerant and persecution they all have one thing in common, "Fundamentalist"

Punish the littler children because the carry the sins of their fathers.

Or. . . . in this case their mothers? .

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
hee hee....it is so ironic, as you pointed out, that the catholic church, or a school, would take such a stance.
Father O'Malley is having another sleep over with the choir boys ? Thats ok.
One of our students has two moms, egads we can't have that !

pretty much the definition of hypocrisy

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I don't think that its a catholic school no?

Catholic school girl lesbians? What? Dang, how'd this thing not get voted up yet?

Anyway, while apparently legal, its clearly immoral to punish this kid for something that the parents do that the school thinks is as bad as eating shrimp.

IE leviticus says that homosexuality is an 'abomination', and in the same language condems eating shellfish to be an abomination.

Actually, leviticus says that for 'men to lay with men' is an abomination, and I don't think that the bible says anything about lesbianism being no good. So there isn't even a biblical or religious basis for this, is just pure pig-stupid bigotry.

There ya go, god loves lesbians, just like the rest of us!

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
And all these "conservatives" are worried that it's the same-sex parents that are going to screw up the kiddies - When it's that attitude of "conservative" superiority that's going to screw up everyone's kids.

Hopefully this girl didn't like that school and had no friends and was a social outcast to begin with (like my school experience), then it might not be so upsetting to her to be removed -

But wait, she was a cheerleader, so that must have meant she "fit in"
- now how could a child of two "evil-doers" manage to infultrate the cheerleading squad?

Because children of same sex parents are just like children of "normal" parents! Some are going to fit in, some aren't - it's just that simple.

That school should be ashamed of itself, and if it were to do an investigation of the other "normal" parents, I'm sure they'd find many things going on that are much worse than being "a gay"

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I don't know what is meant by their definition of "Christian School" so I am not going to jump on the knee-jerk Bus and ride into town to storm the school with torches and pitchforks, but I'll say this; If the school incorporated Christian teaching into their curriculum, they should feel ashamed. The girl could really use such teaching to help her in her confusing situation.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I gave this a "YES" vote. Good structure and I feel that it is very important to address such issues.....discremination that is.

The school has the right to say "NO" to whoever it wants...it's a private school for a reason, not public. However, as a Chrisitan I feel that schools discreminating based on the sexual preference of a student's parents is uncalled for and wrong, IMO. This is not a good example to set...period!

As a privately owned business, they can acppet/decline whoever they want, but as a proclaimed "Chrisitan" org/school/whatever....they are setting a bad example and going against thier own teachings.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Thomas I don't understand what you mean by "Confusion"

My son dated a girl that "Had" two mothers, she was 16 he was 17 at the time.

That girl had more parental supervision that most "Good home Christian girls" in the area that my son has dated before.

She was a good, cute, grounded teen, and "She" knew that her "Mom and Partner" were lesbians.

So what is the point.

"They" are not different from you and me.

[edit on 23-9-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I hate those christians!! And I hate those doctrines with the no homosexual/lesbian thing... Where is the love and equality for everyone?? They don't even obey to their own teachings. What a sad thing!

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This is a complete outrage, taking something out on their child because some people disagree with her parents sexual orientation. What the heck is wrong with people...

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Legal? Most definatly. Wrong? Most definatly.

Last time I went to church or read the Bible it continuosly mentioned that you're supposed to be a lover not a hater. You know, love thy neighbor all that good stuff. The stuff that Christianity is truely based on.

What angers me is these schools and churches who claim to be Christians, but spread such hate and bad judgement against these people. It's really very sad that this girl is having to go through this just because her parents are lesbian (nothing wrong with that). It's all just a lot of unnessesary hate and fear of the unknown.

Personally I don't think that school and church organizations who do this sort of thing are actually Christians. Closer to Satanists if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
i CANT WAIT for Jesus to come back and smack these types.

I think that many christians will be shocked to learn, that Jesus was for the underdogs and outcasts that the high and mighty judge and critisize.

in other words...
judge not, lest you be judged...
judgement is Gods duty... not ours...

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
If this were a public school, I'd be 'raising the roof'. But if it's a privately funded school, they have every right to refuse students who do not meet their criteria.

It points out the necessity of keeping Christianity and all religion out of public school, though. If they want to discriminate or teach religion or ID, let them have their private schools and churches for that!

And the public school can continue to take all students and teach science, leaving the religious matters to churches, homes and religious schools.

I don't see a problem.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Now sure it is a private school and they have the right to whatever they wish. Denying admission to a child because of the sexual preference of the parents, of which I agree are immoral, is still wrong. The child is not responsible for the parents behavior. Of course I wouldn't condone treating these people any different. But from a business and financial standpoint this is rediculous. The school is depriving itself of profit because someone chose different than the norm? That is not very good business sense at all.

Well whatever I guess I will have to pray double time, for all parties involved.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I live in Upland, California which is a few minutes drive from Ontario where this Christian school is located. My four year old daughter currently attends a Christian school in Chino Hills, California but I actually investigated several schools in Ontario.

It’s not uncommon at all for Christian schools to set high standards for admission that also bind the parents to strict guidelines. My wife and I had to complete several tests and two interviews in order to get our daughter into a highly sought after Christian school. The school binds the parents into a contractual agreement that is very strict and demands that we complete assignments and uphold Christian values in our lifestyle.

I would have had it no other way. I wanted my daughter to attend a Christian school that had firm objective standards. This school made the right choice in standing by our Christian values and denying this child’s admission. I do feel sadness for this girl as she must be very confused over the matter. If anyone is to blame it’s her lesbian guardians who placed her in a school where she did not belong. What on earth were they thinking? I can only guess that her guardians are living under the illusion that they are also Christians. California has an unlimited supply of confessing Christians who deny their faith by living lives in direct disobedience to God.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This is just plain ridiculous. It is not the child's fault for having homosexual parents, why should she have to suffer and be denied an education.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join