It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government and Military Reading on UFOs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Ive decided to compile a list of military and government pages that mention the UFO phenomenon.

Ill be updating it when I have time.

Enjoy.

Military Links
www.history.navy.mil...
www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil...
www.af.mil.../01/1960&ed=12/31/1969
www.af.mil...
www.dtic.mil...
www.defenselink.mil...
www.history.navy.mil...
www.defenselink.mil...
UFO Fact Sheet HTML Version
www.denix.osd.mil...
www.wsmr.army.mil...
www.af.mil...
www.wpafb.af.mil...
www.history.navy.mil...
www.onr.navy.mil...
space.au.af.mil...
www.af.mil...
www.defenselink.mil...
www.defenselink.mil...
www.wsmr.army.mil...

Government Links
www.nsa.gov...
www.cia.gov...
foia.fbi.gov...
www.foia.cia.gov...
www.nasa.gov...
foia.fbi.gov...
foia.fbi.gov...
foia.fbi.gov...
foia.fbi.gov...
foia.fbi.gov...
www.nsa.gov...
www.americaslibrary.gov...
www.newton.dep.anl.gov...

www.foia.cia.gov...
This link provides info to "UFO" searches in the database. 278 Links appear.

www.foia.cia.gov...
Again much the same, this time 376 Links.

www.loc.gov...
www.nasa.gov...
forum.worldwind.arc.nasa.gov...
www.faa.gov...
www.archives.gov...
www.archives.gov...
www.faa.gov...
science.msfc.nasa.gov...
Cache Version of Removed Document
science.nasa.gov...
www.tc.gc.ca...
collections.ic.gc.ca...
collections.ic.gc.ca...
collections.ic.gc.ca...
collections.ic.gc.ca...
www.img.forces.gc.ca...
www.defence.gov.au...
www.ema.gov.au...

Using Google is a good basis. I would like to compile more from other countries etc.

So how do you do this?
Australia
This will search Australian Government Domains for the term UFO

Canada
This will search Canadian Domains.

US Military
This will search US Military

US Government
This will search US Government

Etc. Using other search terms will also be a big help.

Enjoy the reading. I hope it helps.

[edit on 14-9-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Very nice, great job.

During several space missions, NASA astronauts have reported phenomena not immediately explainable; however, in every instance NASA determined that the observations could not be termed "abnormal" in the space environment.

I wonder why that would be? It wouldn't be because UFOs are always in space would it?

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Hmm nobody is biting?

I must bump!

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Surprised there hasn't been more people.
Maybe change the subject to something else?

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   
The reason why believers/faithful aren't biting is not that hard. Probably because this info flies in the face that the the US government is in full denial. That it is refusing to discuss, disclose, or state in public any information regarding the UFO phenomenon. The notion being you can only get that kind of info from hard working UFO conspiracy sites.

I remember a few weeks back someone posted a link that showed many UFO and Conspiracy sites were being visited by .gov and .mil web sites. Then a government employee (military I think) with the handle Godzilla or something posted that many employees in government are really intrigued by UFO's and conspiracy theories. On their breaks or lunch, they often visit those sites. Of course that post sank like lead stone in a deep lake. Why? Because there is no conspiracy in that.
The government hires everyday human beings.

People prefer to see the Government is one physical entity loaded wih drones as employees that work with one dark foreboding mindset. Dulcimer By posting all those links, you spring a leak in waterlogged boat of full Government denial. Bravo

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Why? Because there is no conspiracy in that.
The government hires everyday human beings.

I think most of us realize that the government as an entity does not fully know about the UFO coverup (assuming it exists). The idea is more that a small group within the government knows this, and is perpetrating the coverup. Given the compartmentalization process of sensitive info, this is a quite realistic idea of how this would be done. Furthermore, there is documentation pointing towards how this group was formed, who the first members were, etc. And, these members make perfect sense. Now, you can dispute the names (Majestic 12, etc.) if you like, but the group existed. Likewise, MAJIC is identifiable as well (Military Assessment Joint Intelligence Committee). Would a paper pusher in Langley know of MAJIC (or it's current incarnation?)...no, they wouldn't. So yes, it makes perfect sense that even those high in the government may not even have a clue as to what our knowledge of these beings and crafts may be.....

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Gazrok, that is well strutured reply but with all due respect, there is allot of legend and lore when it comes to UFO's. The problem with coverups is that anyone who has followed history long enough knows that far smaller coverup operations come to light on a regular basis within 10-20 years time. The scale and global magnitude in engineering a cover up of UFO's for over 60 years is increasingly inconprehensible. If you belive the lore, it involves countelss numbers of military and other government employees...All over the world.

It's been a long cold dry spell. Where is that next crash that spills aliens on the highway. This is why the movement is quick to assign Alien status to anything presented both in picture or video. This is why the movement is faster becoming a religion. Most accounts now are similar to seeing the Virgin Mary in a freeway underpass, piece of corn flake, or a grilled cheese sandwhich.

Please, how long is that thread about the UFO behind Bush. Its clearly a helicoptor. What about the thread of Natzis and UFO technology. Just like a corn flake is a corn flake. Out of desire and need Religion forces peope to see things that just aren't there. It helps them to keep the faith in times where there will be no more answers.

Allot of structured fiction as well as more questionable theories have become accepted as fact over time. One could argue the existance of Majestik forever. This is just another keyhole into another room thats dimly lit. The faithful truly prefer a dimply lit room. They live for mystery of faith. They will not question it.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
There is one domain that offers quite a bit about UFO's but it seems to be down now. These are the cache views of the page.

Cache Links

Major General Harold E. Watson: INTELLIGENCE PIONEER, AIR FORCE WARRIOR
www.airforcehistory.hq.af.mil...:*.mil+UFO&hl=en" target="_blank" class="postlink">Link

A Brief History of Air Force Scientific and Technical Intelligence
www.airforcehistory.hq.af.mil...:*.mil+UFO&hl=en" target="_blank" class="postlink">
Link

Unidentified Flying Objects Research Guide
-This one contains a wealth of links and reading materials
Link

U-2s, UFOs, and Operation Blue Book

Link

Information Sheet: Philadelphia Experiment

Link

"Exorcizing the Devil's Triangle"

Link

Navy gets involved in space (1944-1956)

Link

UFO FACT SHEET

Link

More Links

www.wsmr.army.mil...
I includedt this one because its quite funny

No, we don't have any information on crashed alien space craft, here or at Roswell, N.M. Nor do we have any leads on alien bodies in storage anywhere on the planet. In fact, no one in this office has seen any documents nor talked to any credible witness concerning aliens or UFOs. We have, however, read the Air Force's report "The Roswell Report: Case Closed" and find it very convincing. Most people we talk to who make fun of the Air Force explanations have not taken the time to read it.

www.afnews.af.mil...
www.af.mil...
www.af.mil...

50 years after Roswell

Cache Link

REPORT OF AIR FORCE RESEARCH REGARDING THE "ROSWELL INCIDENT"
This one is quite in depth

Link

Report on Project Mogul

Cache Link

Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs)
This is a MASSIVE list of related reading.
www.loc.gov...

341.15 RECORDS OF PROJECT BLUE BOOK 1947-69
Link

Sorry about my poor organization skills.

[edit on 14-9-2005 by Dulcimer]

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Wow Dulcimer, you've been busy.

This is an excellent collection. Maybe you could request that it be made a sticky.

I see a few that look interesting. Have you read all these? Which ones would you say are the best?

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
If I had to choose a few must reads it would be from these:

www.foia.cia.gov...
foia.fbi.gov...

Each contains a massive wealth or documents available to read. I have nowhere near read all of them.

Some are in .pdf format, others are available as scanned images on screen.

The second link contains 1600 pages in pdf form.

Its well known, but yet many have not read through it yet.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
things are seldom what they seem. To take at face value, may be an act of complacent reasoning. When a member of the general public reads something, it may be interpritted as a consistant rhetoric that supports denial.

However, when someone else at a higher pay grade reads it, they know enough to decipher what has been written between the lines.

Would it be possible to encode and decode within the sight of the entire world, a world niave of what they are looking at.

Just a thought. But it would simplify messages between people who could not meet, talk on the phone, email, or were seperated by great distances.

To be able to encode and decode language in a published format would serve as both a distractor, and the truth.

Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   

The scale and global magnitude in engineering a cover up of UFO's for over 60 years is increasingly inconprehensible.

If it was truly successful, this forum wouldn't exist.

It's extremely easy to keep a secret when a ridicule factor is attached to it. And they get help from people who unwittingly add to that ridicule factor (such as the Meiers and Adamskis of the world). As ridiculous as such claims are, and as rampant as misidentifications go (such as you mentioned), it still doesn't dispute that even if there is ONE good solid case pointing to an ET craft, then we've STILL got the phenomenon, despite the red herrings. And there are such cases. Cases that defy any other rational explanation. Cases like LA in the forties, Washington DC in '52, or Roswell, etc. The terrestrial explanations given are chock full of holes and flawed logic, and serious investigations show that they simply don't work.

Just because some coverups eventually get uncovered, doesn't mean all of them do. There are many that are still well under wraps. Going out of the loop for a bit, the JFK assassination is a prime example. The official explanation is that Oswald, acting alone, shot the president. If this is truly the case, then one would have to believe that not only is Oswald the fastest shot in the world with a bolt-action rifle, but that he is also capable of somehow breaking the laws of physics and shooting it faster than it is capable of. Likewise, the official explanations of many UFO cases also falter, pointing to a coverup of some other explanation.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Would it be possible to encode and decode within the sight of the entire world, a world niave of what they are looking at.

So you're saying that "classified" (at that time) documents were written, so that 20 or 30 years later, if they were ever released to the public, no one would know what they were talking about?

I think that theory is a little weak. At the time they were written they were "classified" so the authors did not worry about the world seeing them.

Most of the documents aren't correspondence, but reports and information saved in a file somewhere.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Regardless of opinions on the validity of the basic subject, I think Dulcimer has obviously spent a lot of time and provided some excellent info here, regardless of one's feelings on the subject....

Dulcimer, if you'd like to add future links to the first post in this thread, please let me know, as no time expiration on my ability to edit there...

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Here is an interesting set. Ive given a short blurb for some of the links.

THE INVESTIGATION OF UFO'S
www.cia.gov...
Supersonic Saucers

www.cia.gov...
www.cia.gov...

www.cia.gov...
Special Report No. 14

www.cia.gov...

www.cia.gov...
Investigation Procedures

www.cia.gov...
Propeller Aircraft

www.cia.gov...
Jet Aircraft

www.cia.gov...
Refueling Missions

www.cia.gov...
Other Aircraft

www.cia.gov...
Earth Satellites

www.cia.gov...
Astronomical Events

www.cia.gov...
Page 13 is an interesting one, check out the data.

www.cia.gov...
Story time

www.cia.gov...
www.cia.gov...

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Here is an indepth article on Captain Thomas Francis Mantell Jr.
www.military.state.ky.us...

A short article here: Civilians, Not Military Investigate UFOs
www.defense.gov...

Interview with Dick Hoch
rmo.emsl.pnl.gov...

Finally they admitted to dropping flares with parachutes when I said the stories were going to hit the newspaper. The reason they did not want to admit it was because they could have easily set the desert on fire and they did not want people to complain. But compared to UFO stories, people accept flares better.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Here are some links to make your government searching easier.

The official government search engine, this site consolidates 20,000 government web sites and arranges them by topic, such as Money and Taxes, Healthy People and the U.S. in the World.
www.firstgov.gov...

www.google.com...
Searches .gov and .mil sites. When a site is inaccessible, a cache feature pulls up a backup version.

www.governmentguide.com...
Search AOL's government directory.

www.fedworld.gov...
Search U.S. Government Information Servers using the The Center for Intelligent Information Retrieval/U.S. Business Advisor govbot database. You can also search view a list of predefined searches by category.

www.access.gpo.gov...
Search GPO full-text databases, including the Federal Register, Congressional Bills and the U.S. Code.

www.searchgov.com...
Searches .gov sites. Like Google, offers caching feature.

www.searchmil.com...
Searches .mil sites. Also offers caching feature

This should make your searching easier.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place for this this, but I have found Devilfinder--

images.devilfinder.com...

to be a very useful tool in doing research, specifically in locating images and/or video clips. Unlike google, the devilfinder seems to dig a little deeper into the net and finds files, folders, pages, etc. that aren't directly accessable via normal channels/links....

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
My most highly respected ATS -- UFO/EBE Researcher. Sometimes we have to put ourselves out on the limb and say point blank what we feel after researching this UFO area. Playing it safe is good for the pre-believers or semi-skeptics.

After that it's you and me and others who must make a decission on is it or ain't it?

Respectfully,
Dallas

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
About "who knows what"....I DO definitely know 2 things...but please don't ask who my sources are.
1. I do know that some people at Langley AFB know about UFOs. (That is NOT the same as Langley, VA.)
2. I KNOW that at least one president in recent times KNOWS about UFOs. I don't know which one, because I didn't ASK which one.
(Unlike certain reporters, I do know what to say and when to say it. I also know when "loose lips sink ships"....and when NOT to ask questions.)
Thanks for the links. That is a LOT for agencies, some of whom "aren't interested in the topic of UFOs".

<<   2  3  4 >>

join