It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concerning Lucifer in Freemasonry

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Okay i will explain this once more.
And ceck the link
www.byzant.com...
The god of the underworld god of egipt and not our god

------------
The ancient Egyptian Eye of Horus or wedjat ('Whole One') is a powerful symbol of protection, and is also considered to confer wisdom, health and prosperity. Horus was one of the most important Egyptian gods, a sun-god represented as a falcon or with the head of a hawk, whose right eye was the sun and whose left eye was the moon. He was the son of Osiris (god of the underworld) and Isis (mother goddess). Osiris was slain by his own brother, the evil Set (jackal-headed god of night), and Horus fought Set to avenge his father's death, winning the battle but losing an eye in the process. The eye was restored by the magic of the god of wisdom and the moon, Thoth, and this allowed Horus to grant Osiris rebirth in the underworld. The Eye of Horus symbol was used in funerary rites and decoration, as instructed in the Egyptian Book of the Dead. After 1200 BC, it was also used by the Egyptians to represent fractions, based on repeated division by two.

As can be seen from the Egyptian tablet on the right, both the right and the left eyes of Horus were depicted by the ancient Egyptians. The wounding of the left eye served as a mythical explanation of the phases of the moon, and its magical restoration meant that the left was usually the one used as an amulet and considered to be the 'Eye of Horus'. The right eye is sometimes referred to as the 'Eye of Ra', the sun god, though often little distinction is made between the two eyes. A depiction of Horus as falcon-god of the sun is available in our article on the Ogdoad.

Variations of the Eye of Horus are often encountered, a notable case being the all-seeing eye in the Great Seal of the United States. The reverse of the Great Seal is shown below, followed by a detail of the Eye symbol that completes the pyramid.

---------------------------
So it's not our god it's the underworld dude.
This information is in the enciclopedia too so you can aply it has a valid source.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Just becasue a certain symbol meant something to certain people thousands of years ago does not automatically mean that it has the same meaning to different people today.

Take the swastika for example...

Why are you peole so hell-bent on slandering and making false statements about Freemasonry?

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Than you clame that the guy that wrote the enciclopedia is an idiot my friend.
And not just him a bunch of them that dedicate their lives to history(dedicated profesionals), they eat history for breakfast lunch and diner and spend time traveling all over the world and dig history up has they sleep in tents right near the site.
Why would you make such funny statements?

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
Why would you make such funny statements?

I could ask you the same thing...

I'm not saying that the eye of Horus:

wasn't attributed to what you say in ancient Egypt, so no, I'm not saying that the encyclopedia writers are wrong. What I am saying is that the symbol (it's really a different symbol altogether if you care to look) does not mean the same thing to Masons as it did to ancient Egyptians.

You really need to do some studying into symbolism if you ever hope to even remotely understand.

And you didn't answer my question, either. Why are you so fired up about posting lies and mistruths about Masonry? I really want to know what your motiviation is.

[edit on 10/25/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
You got the sun representing the eye and the piramid what more do you want, do you want me to draw it for you cause i really suck at drawing.
And more
The only problem with that is that was grabed out of some site.
The only problem is that the enciclopedia adds that the eye seats on the piramid it describes it has the sun it practicly describes u'r simbol the main simbol of masonary.
Has i find the information maching on the site to the one in the enciclopedia
only that the enciclopedia states that it seats on the piramid waching and it's represented has the sun and how people pray and beg to the sun.
Any one that does not belive me open the book up.

The only qestion is why would you guys worship the the horrible under world guy cause know i look at the topic and it worryes me that you dont know what u'r worshiping axe man.

I would say open u'r eyes and stop dennyng things that are there has facts.
If you are really wise and dont think like one headed person than get out of it, it's not the first time that people got out of the masonery and eknoleged that i would say it's not such a healthy thing.
Be wise and live this thing "it's cool to join i will learn cool stuff"
cool is not always good and regret is the harshest punishment for a man when he looks back.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   

The only qestion is why would you guys worship the the horrible under world guy cause know i look at the topic and it worryes me that you dont know what u'r worshiping axe man.

How dare you.

I would say open u'r eyes and stop dennyng things that are there has facts.

HA! Facts? You spew some crummy conjecture that Masons worship Horus, simply because one of our symbols slightly resembles an ancient Egyption one, and you want to talk about facts?! Hahahahaha.

If you are really wise and dont think like one headed person than get out of it, it's not the first time that people got out of the masonery and eknoleged that i would say it's not such a healthy thing.
Be wise and live this thing "it's cool to join i will learn cool stuff"
cool is not always good and regret is the harshest punishment for a man when he looks back.

My only regret regarding Masonry is that I didn't join when I was 21.

Until you do some more study on your own, there's no point in even discussing this with you any more.

Adios, muchacho...

[edit on 10/25/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Pardon me for being late to this party but I have to ask a question or two, if nobody minds.

I know many, many Masons. When I was a kid I went to a church that had many Masons in it. When I was in the Army, I served with Masons. Where I work, there are many Masons. Almost to a man, they are good and decent people. They exemplify good moral conduct, and they are MORE than willing to lend a hand to anyone and everyone. That is not to say that I haven't had personality conflicts with Masons in the past, but rarely have I had character conflicts with a Mason and when that has happened, the otehr Mason folk are hasty to point out that every organization has their version of the village idiot.

I know that there have been several instances where the Masons have been infiltrated by groups of ne'er-do-wells and down right evil people, but at teh same time, I can give instances where they expelled those people once they were brought to light, and have even expelled entire lodges because of this.

Where the rubber meets the asphalt, where it really counts, have you ever met a Mason who you believed was in cahoots with the lion who roams about looking for those that he may devour? Seriously?

Just trying to get some perspective in this.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Okay axeman pray to the eye dude there is no hope for you , you have been brainwashed.
I really hoped i can open some of u'r eyes and get you all to see it cause this is what it's all about i joined this forum for the tec section and had no idea that this section exists till i saw it, it has been a debate subject for a long time for me and my friends.

I just wanted to help some of you open up u'r eyes that is what i really wanted to help you.

At least why dont you make the people of this forum a favor and let them study free with out any influence it will be at least fair.
They pray to the sun to be iluminated has discrabed it the book.
If you refuse that you are ignorant and do not accept the facts and people can make their own conclusions on how fair this is has you failed to proofe
that the eye of horis is not the eye of the masons.
It says it iluminates them and that the sun is holy for them and brings wisdom.
So it's more than associated with the mason eye it's the same thing.
I am very sory for you and i am not jokeing about it.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Pepsi, how do you know that these guys are praying to the sun? Most of the Masons that I know pray to the Son!

Edited due to my hideous typing inabilities.

[edit on 25-10-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
simply cause it's the same thing tomas has in aicent egipt the same thing the eye means the sun the sun is on the piramid and it brings enlighment
and grate wisdom of light the god of the egiptians was the god of sun and every morning they would pray to him over and over.
Has you can see around the forum and in their avarts you got the same thing , i must ba makeing figures out of the clouds right?
I mean pffffff how direct can this get has evidence.
It's all in the book dude open it up and look

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I'm a union member, a Machinist, to be specific. Our symbol is the compass and right angel thingie, just like the Masons. Are you suggesting that possibly we are worshippers of Ba'al, too. Before I was a Machinist, I was a Teamster. I was even a labor steward! Knowing the history of the Teamsters, would it be fair to say that I was a mobster?

I understand what you are saying, but what I am asking is more current than 700 years ago; do you know any Masons, and if so, what is your personal opinion of them? I don't know of a one who worships Lucifer.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
A compas is not a piramid and a compas does not have a big eye on top of it.
It's just a compass and you dont pray to the compass and say it's god do you?

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Pepsi, I 've read every story about the Masons, I've read a book or two written by foremer Masons who slammed the craft, and I've read many internet sites that is about Masonic evilness. What I am asking, and I'll ask again, is what is your personal experience? My experience has been very positive. I only wish my experiences with fellow Christians were as positive.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   

A compas is not a piramid and a compas does not have a big eye on top of it.
It's just a compass and you dont pray to the compass and say it's god do you?

Neither do we, dude. Get that through your skull.

We don't pray to the All-Seeing-Eye; it is a symbol, a sticky note on the mind that reminds us that He (that would be Almighty God, not Ra or Lucifer or Baal or anything else other than Almighty God Himself) is ever watchful of us. He sees our good deeds as well as evil thoughts, and we should always act, think, and speak in such a way that we would not be ashamed of before God.

Man I'm tired of typing that same paragraph. I know I have told you personally the same thing four or five times already.

Get the net.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
axe man you dont pray to it but it represents god for you.
and for that matter look at the other post where we debate things.

And tomas lol you guys have alot of points you been here a while pour me has only 50 and something

just a newby you guys can peak on me like a 5 grader

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Perhaps it would also be of interest to note that Horus, Ra, Osiris, etc., don't really exist. They were mythological creations.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Saw the movie again last week. That makes it the... 3rd time since joining ATS? One can appreciate it sooo much more after spending time around here

Oh, sorry for the commercial. Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Pray, train, study,
God bless.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Pepsi, I have a few points, but the ones to which I am referring are not the points to which you refer.

How many Masons do you know, and how many of them are devil worshippers? Please, the question is very straight forward, there is no reason to dodge it.

Thanks, Daint. I watch the movie once every couple of months, just to keep my head on straight.

[edit on 25-10-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
has i say and how many would say it's a conspiracy theory

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I watch the movie once every couple of months, just to keep my head on straight.

Yep, it's a great tool for that.

General Ripper: You know when fluoridation first began?

Capt. Mandrake: I... no, no. I don't, Jack.

General Ripper: Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.

*runs for the dvd...*

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join