It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sidewards Glance

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This topic used to be called "LEVEL IMPOSSIBLE - or the rise and rise and rise of dragonrider"

Conspiracies within conspiracies....

As an investigator of economic trends and the Rich List in the virtual world of ATS, it is readily apparent that the entrepreneurial genius of one member has clearly outshone the rest, in maximizing gains from the new world's markets.

None other than dragonrider.

This astute and upstanding moderator member, and holder of the inaugural T.W.A.T.S. (The Way Above Top Secret award) for June 2003, has made almost exponential gains in the past week.

Only last weekend, the great rider of dragons, through his astute Eastern stock investments and diligent months of effort, had accumulated over 24,000 points.

And TODAY, he stands erect and proud with a MASSIVE 34,000+ points... and the dragonrider index will clear 35,000 within a few short hours.

An INCREDIBLE investment performance. This has been noticed in secret forums all over the place, and yet the pundits have not satisfactorily explained it.

There are two hypotheses that have reached the surface:

1. The official conspiracy theory, promulgated by William - dragonrider has launched a lot of topics, and posting on them is netting him points (BUT the activity on old topics was not meant to be part of the accrual - and his current launch activities are no higher than normal, nor higher than that of certain other members - so this cannot be a full explanation!)

2. The crony conspiracy theory, as indicated by dragonrider himself - this theory simply says, "Ask Simon".

There are, however, certain other hypotheses that must be put forward to fully satisfy punters that the market can be a level playing field....

* Watch dragonrider's points after posting, and verify that he is not getting 30-40X the points you are, per post

* Watch for any sudden net increases not accounted for by new posting activity

* Such trend observations must be done in conjunction with your own posting and notation of the differentials.

This has caused me no small level of consternation as an ATS investor. How will I be able to trust the forthcoming Mood Meter Market, if there is no parity in the very substance that gives ATS its life?

Obsessional? YES!

Fastidious? YES!

BUT (shock horror) for the past few days, I have also noticed my own points remaining static over 8-10 posts at a time (even on conspiracy topics!) before they start rising again in increments of 2 or 4.... and this morning, after my first post, my total ATS points DROPPED from 16680 to 16593.... bizarre, and verifiable! (Or not).

I URGE all ATS investors to engage in very close scrutiny of the market, and learn what you can from the great dragonrider ... who may well be the Kiyosaki (or better) of ATS, not some useless Gates.

Why is dragonrider so suddenly and humongously RICH in the past week? Do you want to know? Do you even notice, if you are just getting by on a minimum ATS wage?

[Edited on 24-1-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Is there a reason for that?

Of course.

Im just that damn good.

(thats a joke guys)

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Bugger

I forgot two hypotheses that were important.

1. The attainment of 25,000 ATS points gets you into hyperdrive territory. I like that potential.

2. The attainment of Level Impossible (4000 posts) AS WELL AS the crony capitalist system, permits entry to the Round Table of High Flying Logarithmically-Rewarded Upper Crust Posters. (RTOHFLRUCP).

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Dont worry MA, if you think I have blown the bell curve, Im working on something right now as we speak that will REALLY blow you away...

Listen for the Whispers....

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Plus dr's cool and not a greedy litle Capitalist like you MA...

Yes, I voted for both of you the months you won, but, MA, dr's kinda own the giant thread (World Wide Seismic Event) and he's a mod so I guess if he wnted to cheat to make you feel as if you were a special loser, h could
*sorry about he slap in the face MA*
- Tassadar

Oh yeah, he posts on the real forums...
Really ATS or whateer give you none, and Chit-Chat is like 2..
Come on, you dedicate your life to this site MA, why are you so jealous about his obvious superiority *errr.... high point value*?
???

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I demand a recount!

(oops.... decorum please)

I want in!

(no idiot - be more subtle)

On the basis of merit, I would like to apply for a similar reward system to that of the great dragonrider.

(no, more subtle)

[top secret envelope]

On the basis of months of loyal service and accurate undercover work, I am ready for the next intelligence and remuneration level, and would be pleased if the details thereof could be reported to me by return [top secret enevelope]

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Tass

1. dr is the greediest capitalist of all.

2. I don't think the Seismic Thread is in the count actually, it started way too early.

3. And, it is important to distinguish at all times the motives of greed and envy from those of pedagogy and environmental improvement. (Unless you were kidding, but you look all dark and I can't make out your features!)

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
am I the only person that noticed that the acronym for The Way Above Top Secret award = TWATS award?

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   
MC

No, I received it that way on my "acceptance speech" the day Seekerof passed me my precious. I am proud to be one of the TWATS!

But what do you think of dr's scheme?

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The one person who everyone voted for is crying beause he's ranked number three in points instead of 1st (I think Gazrok has you beat too)

I geuss this is why no one ever wins twice in a row, they win then sulk and gloat...
- Tassadar

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   
For those with the financial resources to access it, there is some VERY interesting developments in the secret forum....

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I think it all comes down to posting useful information in the vein of conspiracy. DR has done so AT LENGTH in many subjects. Hence he gets more points than a literature major who spends most of the time on the site dealing with American political issues while spinning longwinded yarn.

That's my guess anyway.

No offence meant BTW.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Tass

Quietly, "shut up".

There are several people with more points than me, that have been here much longer than me. You know nothing of what you are talking about at all.

I am not crying, I am playing.

I am interested in the formulae that have resulted in dragonrider's enormous rock climb...

If you cannot read this with the good humor that is intended and obvious to most, please depart and do not return to this thread.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Fry

1. I've never been a lit major.

2. Length of posts has no impact on the formulae.

Be more observant!

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
MC

But what do you think of dr's scheme?

me? it ain't my business, and I aim to keep it that way. make a note of this, it's not very often that I attempt to stay out of forum drama, real or imagined.

edit: and I swear the points must have something to do with posts previous to the points being installed. how else would I have had 2000+ points even though I was gone for a month? the whole system rather confuses me, really.

[Edited on 9/5/2003 by MorningtonCrescent]

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I have "observed".
I have found that the more information in the post (depending upon forum) DOES in fact have a direct correlation to points gained. At least in my quick observations.
I'm still laughing about your other , shall we say colorful, post about this "anti-MA" conspiracy.

Might I suggest a new forum for "Simon Gray (The Man) keeping MA down"? Colonel might join in as well

P.S. This IS all in fun. At least I hope so

[Edited on 5-9-2003 by Fry2]

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Fry2

Yes, fun, agreed.

Your observational powers concerning length of post should NOT be confused with your desired goals of any penile extension program that you have subscribed to from the massive spamming undertaken by the purveyors of such useless things.

If you care to read the "Who Is Simon Gray?" thread, you will have already observed that I am SimonGray, so your humor regarding SimonGray subjugating any quality members including Colonel or his own alter ego has on this occasion fallen on deaf ears (but not without consequence).

May your ATS points balance never reach the erect proportions of dragonrider's obelisk-like structure, and remain ever in proportion to the size of your weenie.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The major factors of point count;

Posting in conspiracy forums is more valuable than posting in the non-conspiracy forums.

Creating threads that get responses within a conspiracy forum can be a gold mine. (while only new posts since last week add to your total, every thread you've created has the potential).

All forum staff get a "salary" of bonus points each time they post. (not to worry, for some future incentives in the store, staff will be excluded)

The biggest points gold mines are debating, contributing to fiction, and soon... the research forum.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
Creating threads that get responses within a conspiracy forum can be a gold mine. (while only new posts since last week add to your total, every thread you've created has the potential).

All forum staff get a "salary" of bonus points each time they post. (not to worry, for some future incentives in the store, staff will be excluded)

The biggest points gold mines are debating, contributing to fiction, and soon... the research forum.

William

Thanks for this info, which is clear and valuable to all.

Now, back to the point at hand.... dragonrider must have an enormous #ing salary and huge mother#ing share options!

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   
MA,

With all due respect,

Know your role...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join