It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The other part of Katrina

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I looked at the started threads for Hurricane Katrina and none fits the direction I would like people to go.

What has happened is very devastating and I live in Wisconsin so I can't even begin to know what people are going through.

I've read what some have written and have heard people say "our prayers are with you" and "I'll pray for the people down there." I am not accusing anyone but I want to make sure people aren't lightly throwing these phrases around. Everyone literally needs to get on their knees and cry out to the God of Heaven to help this country.

This is a national disaster probably surpassing 9/11 in all scopes.

This nation(U.S.) was hit hard on 9/11 and now we have been again. We need to realize we need turn to and ask for the help of Almighty God. 9/11 got my attention on a grand scale. While I was already saved spiritually before 9/11 it got my attention more. I am on the deacon board at my church and have been saying for a while that another disaster is coming for this nation. It has happened with Katrina. People all over this nation need to wake up. We need to repent and turn to God.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Pray, if you think it helps...I personally believe prayer is more for the Pray-or, than the pray-ee.

I am sending money, my employer matches whatever I send.
Double the bang for the relief dollar..

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Why dont we get a mass grupe of about 100,000 people to meditate in New Orlands, like they did in Washington DC Murder state capitle, it lowerd crime about 20 to 25%

www.rickross.com... (Random web sight)

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Here is the link

www.whatthebleep.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Surrealist
Why dont we get a mass grupe of about 100,000 people to meditate in New Orlands, like they did in Washington DC Murder state capitle, it lowerd crime about 20 to 25%

Because that is part of the reason we are a nation with many problems. We are not acknowledging the one and only God there is. The majority in this nation have turned to serve other gods and we are reaping what we have sown.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I heard someone on a newschannel quote someone as saying that this hurricane's devastation passes 9/11. People need to wake up.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I came across this article about Hurricane Katrina being a judgement from God -- curiously timed to prevent this year's "Southern Decadence" gay event (held every Labor Day weekend since the 70's) from happening... not that there aren't plenty of other Sodom & Gomorrah events held there as well. Nonetheless interesting.

I figured I'd post this in this thread, where it seems appropriate & relevant.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackholebrain
I came across this article about Hurricane Katrina being a judgement from God -- curiously timed to prevent this year's "Southern Decadence" gay event (held every Labor Day weekend since the 70's) from happening... not that there aren't plenty of other Sodom & Gomorrah events held there as well. Nonetheless interesting.

I figured I'd post this in this thread, where it seems appropriate & relevant.

Thanks for posting this, because this is the kind of stuff I would like to address.

I have been saved since I was 8 but didn't really pay attention to God, or even care if I did, until I was 28. That was 14 years ago so I hope when I post I am able to express what I am trying to get across adequately that my points are made.

As far as this being a judgement from God I will express what I believe. I, personally, still do things out of God's will for my life. When I do God can either keep the consequences of my actions from affecting me or He can allow me to experience them. The latter case He allows, so that I can really learn right and wrong, what's best for me and what's not.

This can happen on an individual basis, and it could happen on a national basis, or a worldwide basis.

Did God cause this hurricane, No. Here is one of the things we learn about God from the Book of Job. satan came before the Lord and after Job was brought to his attention he, satan, questioned Job's faithfulness to God. satan was ALLOWED to inflict adversity upon Job but was limited, by God, by how far he could carry the afflictions.

God allows adversities to come upon mankind at the present time. So this hurricane was allowed by God to occur. A few years ago I wouldn't have been able to comprehend that fact because I hadn't read and studied the entire Bible. I have 14 years of Bible study and reading and now realize the fact He does not keep all harm from anyone, saved or unsaved, at the present time. Someday there will not be such a thing as hurricanes, but for the present they are a result of sin entering creation.

God will seek to get the attention of individual people, groups, nations and the world. Why, to bring salvation to those unsaved, to get the attention of those straying from Him and headed in a dangerous direction, and to refine those who are already His to make them more like Jesus. Not that a person will ever be God or a god but He is making people who have beliefs like His and letting us in on some of the knowledge He has and shaping us into people who have attributes like His. Why because there is an entire eternity coming in which no sin or destruction will be present. In this eternity destruction will never again occur, only construction. God has satisfying work for people to do.

God DID allow this hurricane to happen to wake up a nation that, has for the most part, told Him that we no longer want Him around by abandoning right and doing wrong. If we tell Him we don't want Him, He will show us what that will result in.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Flame me if you will but I think blaming god/ saying he allowed it to happen or ones lack of belief in god is a cop-out.

God is not to blame. He isnt picking on anyone.
Hurricanes happen, flooding happens, bad things happen, bad decisions are made ...Sh*t happens, what matters is how one deals with it.

And the USA gov't is not doing very well in their dealing with this.

Oh wait, maybe they cant send help or get organized because they are on their knees praying, instead of getting up and at it.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Surrealist

www.rickross.com... (Random web sight)

Dude you dont believe that do you? This site debunks that very experiment, and you can verify the data if you want.

www.peeniewallie.com...

Dont believe anything JZKnight has to say.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jaia
rAnd the USA gov't is not doing very well in their dealing with this.

Oh wait, maybe they cant send help or get organized because they are on their knees praying, instead of getting up and at it.

You realize that after every major catastrophe that hits the world anywhere, the complaint is that relief isn't coming fast enough. I remember this from the tsunami. Why do you think that is. It's because it's a Major Catastrophe that catches people unaware and unprepared and as the damage is found out it takes a couple of days to mobilize.

If my people, which are called by my name, will humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
You realize that after every major catastrophe that hits the world anywhere, the complaint is that relief isn't coming fast enough. I remember this from the tsunami. Why do you think that is. It's because it's a Major Catastrophe that catches people unaware and unprepared and as the damage is found out it takes a couple of days to mobilize.

That's the major flaw in your thinking this catastrophe was expected by the people of the Gulf Coast, they live with this and know just what can and probably will happen. FEMA Should have been better prepared, getting prayer groups of 100,000 isn't going to help. Getting 100,000 volunteers to help out down there would be much much better. Devine intervention will not happen in this case, pray and pray all you like you're just deluding yourself. Calling upon gods name to help the people of NO is a cop out in the most extreme sense of the word. If you can't be bothered to help at all by sending money, or even trying to evacuate some people yourself. In the real world god doesn't give a # what happens to us, it should be quite clear by now. I wonder just how many "god fearing" people died preying in their attics? Oh yeah they obvously weren't preying to the right god or it was their time so no need to worry. And no need to be in a hurry and all in helping people in need, it supposedly "blindsided" us like the tsunami. yeah right. You do remember the mass of people rushing to get out of NO before the storm hit don't you? If that wasn't a clue to just how bad it was gonna be then I guess your buerocrats are utterly clueless.

Sorry for the rant but wishfull thinking in times like this will get us nowhere.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
That's the major flaw in your thinking this catastrophe was expected by the people of the Gulf Coast, they live with this and know just what can and probably will happen. FEMA Should have been better prepared, getting prayer groups of 100,000 isn't going to help. Getting 100,000 volunteers to help out down there would be much much better. Devine intervention will not happen in this case, pray and pray all you like you're just deluding yourself. Calling upon gods name to help the people of NO is a cop out in the most extreme sense of the word.

Even if the catastrophe was expected, when catastrophes come, they are worse than we can imagine. Some things look good on paper but when reality hits plans are never enough.

My point must have been lost so I'm going to rephrase. Yes volunteers to rescue and money to fund the rescue and rebuilding are very important. I never said they weren't. Prayer will help also.

This is my point. The U.S. is experiencing major calamities because the majority in this nation no longer desire to live for/believe in/accept God(and I mean Jesus Christ). The prayer that's needed is for the current hurricane disaster, but I'm talking about the long term also. Prayer is talking and listening to God. That's what the individual people in this nation need to do. Come to, and seek the God of heaven for salvation and protection from these disasters and turn around and begin to be a nation that seeks God instead of denying Him. If this doesn't happen things are going to get worse.

You said that the people of the Gulf states planned for this, well obviously the plans of man are futile when reality strikes. Don't you think that we better seek and turn to God before th "Big One" strikes California. People have been predicting this event for a long time also.

If we turn back to God as a nation He can prevent that.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt This is my point. The U.S. is experiencing major calamities because the majority in this nation no longer desire to live for/believe in/accept God(and I mean Jesus Christ).

If natural calamities or major calamities are caused because the majority of a nation no longer desire to live for or believe in God/JC ... Why are there countries and part of countries still standing fine and dandy, despite their lack of belief. You do realize that you have no proof JC is the right one to be praying to? What if the Buddhists, Muslims or Islamics got it right. What if science has it right and faith is a mind trick to help with survival and tough times, to have someone to blame.

Are you saying the people of New Orleans, Mississippi etc, deserve what they are getting or brought it upon themselves as a result of lack of belief. You are sick, demented and lost. Ignorant too. This mess is a result of inadequate resources (AKA its all overseas), inadequate information, general ignorance and denial and compounded by lack of communications, not to mention the human element of unpredicability. This is a huge tragedy.

This is not the time to try and convert people, its not the time to kick them when they are down. Its not the time to become a religious leader and bully.

If most religious souls are thinking like you, then I would like to dump you all on a burning roof in NO and watch you pray your way out.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Ok,,,,if you want to call a Hurricane punishment from God...I find it interesting the wicked are being rewarded "Haliburton, and the Oil Barrons, more Gov control, land grab etc" But the poor and down trodden are being punished.

Interesting thing happened in Genesis, the evil one convinced man he was God. Trust me, the hurricane is not from the creator or from a so called Holy deity.

Deacons
You still have heiarchies i see amongst yourselves on planet earth, the so called authorities on God.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I am sending money, my employer matches whatever I send.
Double the bang for the relief dollar..

Soon with the way gas is going it will be impossible to send money because you are barely getting by just trying to put enough gas in the tank and go to work

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I just watched the news and there are 4 areas of distubance in the atlantic ocean that are being watched. One is moving away from the U.S. and the other three are unknown at this time.

Now prayer and turning to God is needed in the hope that these might not develope into other hurricanes.

There are 3 areas that worst case scenario could develope into hurricanes with the potential to hit the U.S. Are they yet, No. But it seems to me that just the potential should get the attention of people all over this nation and world for that matter. A thing like Katrina and the potential others are meant to get man's attention off himself and onto God. People need to wake up.

This is my edit The events of Sept. 11th were perpetrated by men. So in the back of people's minds we realize that there is the chance that the terrorists can be caught before they can complete their act of terror.

Hurricane Katrina was a weather act and could not be stopped, lessened maybe but not stopped.

[edit on 4-9-2005 by dbrandt]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt This is my point. The U.S. is experiencing major calamities because the majority in this nation no longer desire to live for/believe in/accept God(and I mean Jesus Christ).

If natural calamities or major calamities are caused because the majority of a nation no longer desire to live for or believe in God/JC ... Why are there countries and part of countries still standing fine and dandy?

Probably because these are areas God has chosen to spare because they are more believers there. I also believe that it is punishment for rejecting God.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikimaru

If natural calamities or major calamities are caused because the majority of a nation no longer desire to live for or believe in God/JC ... Why are there countries and part of countries still standing fine and dandy?

Probably because these are areas God has chosen to spare because they are more believers there. I also believe that it is punishment for rejecting God.

Why are other countries seemingly not in trouble. I don't know where you got that from, I see alot that are. Many African nations are starving and at war, London just had terrorist attacks. Egypt just had a terrorsit attack. Russia has been attacked by terrorists. China and Iran have had huge earthquakes since I've been alive that have killed thousands. Israel has suicide bombers. From the news, as long as they aren't lying, I've been told the ozone hole over Antartica has increased the rate of skin cancer in Australia.

If a person is willing to open up their eyes and really and I mean really listen to the news with their ears you will see that there are enough events taking place all over the world that man should be taking notice.

Before the revolutionary war they developed a way to get people ready for it. A couple of guys(Paul Revere and the other one that isn't mentioned as much) would watch for a sign in a tower. When they saw the lamps in the tower they were to ride and warn the people. Now the people were to be ready for their warning. When they finally rode by and yelled the British are coming. These people had a choice, believe the warning and do what was necessary or roll back over and go to sleep.

There are plenty of warnings given to us, but too many are choosing to roll back over and go to sleep. Read Matthew chapter 24. People are told to watch and be ready. In other parts of the Bible, we are told to not be sleeping, this means ignoring what's going on.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Open form letter to those who need to hear it.

As an American citizen with my own views and beliefs about my country, I felt extremely obligated, at the very least, to do my part to address the outrage I’ve witnessed in the wake of the Hurricane Katrina disaster. In light of our challenges that this country has faced, beginning with the horrific 911 disaster, I would expect to see the efforts and preparation of our government to absorb the blow to New Orleanians this past week, taken much more seriously.

We appear as fools to the rest of the world. The handling of this disaster has only manifested itself into a cauldron of fiery chaos. There is no one who doubts our incompetence now. I now longer feel safe with my government’s protection, and now I finally see for myself that the citizens of this country mean nothing to those who control it. It’s such a sad realization.

My heart pleads to God that others have awaken to a similar truth within themselves, for in the event that slumber is to reside in the minds of men, all is hopeless. I fear hopelessness is already upon us. There are countless inconsistencies and anomalies about the way things are happening around us all. We have all been blindfolded by lies and less than half truths for too long.

There are so many events, which I or any other citizen fear happening, that we are fast losing our ability to put our faith and trust behind that most prime responsibility of our leaders; the protection of it’s constituents. This is just not happening in this day and age, but there really is no excuse for it. One would hope that the fabric of this country could maintain itself in an oil crisis, and seeing as the world is undoubtedly in one, can it? I fear not.

Thank you for your time, and may I conclude apologetically that I deeply wish the subject mater of this letter could have been written under different circumstances. I would have much rather written you a letter of praise, congratulation, and respect, however nothing about what the citizens of this country have seen in recent days deserves any of the above statements. There are heroes in all of this, but the top leadership of this country are not deserving of this title either. Only those individuals who have sacrificed themselves in all of this, for the hopes and dreams of others deserve this title, hero.

Deeply concerned and frightened about our futures,

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join