It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't people use Search?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I don't know about the other forums because I tend to look in the 9/11 7/7 one the most, but more and more people seem to be starting new threads on things that are even being discussed at present.

It's most annoying when a discussion is going one way and some conclusions have been made only to have someone who doesn't know what the 'search' button is for post the same topic again somewhere else.

Especially as everyone who doesn't like the theories and conclusions in the existing thread(s) migrates to it to try and sow their seed again.

Just how many threads do we need on 'explosions in the towers' and wherever a plane can fit through the damn pentagon hole or not?

Sometimes I forget I'm on ATS and I think I'm on one of the lesser forums whom shall not be named.

[edit on 22-8-2005 by AgentSmith]

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Because only the Google ATS search finds what you're actually looking for, and people don't use that because they trust the ATS search more.

Well that's my opinion.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I do think most people do use the search function, but i think it could be down to new members who cannot see the topic showing in any forums.
They then unwittingly start a thread that has been discussed in the past. Although having said that, some of the seasoned regulars do fall foul to the dreaded repeat stories sometimes.
Once people get used to the way the board works, then things will be fine.

We all have to learn sometimes, so just be patient with the new members.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I have not started a thread yet but do use both google and ats search when looking for topics. I will say that the ats search does not always bring up things thus I could see why repeat posts happen. As with any search engine you have to get the hang of how to use it and the words/phrases to input to get the most out of it.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
At the risk of sounding like a bickering old lady,
I will tell you this.
Not always does something show up in ATS search.

People are human and humans make mistakes.

Why must the bickering start as soon as something isnt perfect?

I smell a "high drama" event coming on.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I do quite agree with using the search facility BUT, wouldn't it make posts/replying easier if when they were replied too, the thread was moved up the site [threads] page? I know an individual can move posts up and down that relate to them, but can one do that with all posts?

If so, if it happens that way, only inactive threads would be pushed to the bottom of the stack or to the back pages.

I would also suggest that if a thread is inactive for 7 calender days, they should be deleted.

I would also like to see a 'spell check' facility on the site - if possible.

What do you think?

new topics

top topics

join