It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constantine...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
[If there is a thread on this movie already move this post to that thread
]

WOW! What a movie! The first few seconds nearly gave me a coronary and it never slowed down!

What an awesome plot to go along with the special effects, a conspiracy between good and evil to disrupt the "balance" and expedite the order in which "they" can cross over...

Absolutely WORTH every minute of your time.
that's FOUR thumbs up!

Springer...

EDIT: for search options.

[edit on 29-9-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Oh I forgot all about this movie, thanks for reminding me...I can't wait to see it.

Is it out on video yet?

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Oh I forgot all about this movie, thanks for reminding me...I can't wait to see it.

Is it out on video yet?

Yes it is.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Thanks jetsetter....Blockbuster here I come.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I didnt understand the the story maybe it just that i cant understand Keanu Reeves!

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Well, Keanu does act like a block of wood, but I was pleasantly surprised by the movie.
Rather good visual effects and pacing and ... Tilda Swinton! (mroawrrr!)

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I liked the film but it isnt as good as the Comics and Graphic novels that it is based on. In the comics Constantine looks a bit like Sting and he's from Manchester lol.
Id recommend the comics, they are very disturbing and very dark

Heres a link to a free preview of one of the comics.

Constantine (Hellblazer)

[edit on 29-9-2005 by Janus]

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I actually saw this when it was out in theaters (I'm a big fan of biblical horror type flicks). The visualization of Hell was especially good, and apart from the cheesiness at the end, the story was excellent.

Plus, the effects and of course, Miss Weisz, help you get past Keanu's inability to play any character but himself...

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Im going to buck the trend here and say that Constantine was pants, boring story, poorly acted and totally uninvolving.

Keanu Reeves tries and fails to pull off his human impression, good and evil have a predictble little squabble, film ends after some superb CGI.

For a good movie in a similar vein see Hellboy, now that was a proper comic adaption.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hellboy was damn good, no argument there....

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I watched that movie for the first time a couple of weeks ago. LOVED it. It was twisted and intence. I cant wait to see it again.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I picked it up today in the good old British sales and you know what....i loved it
loved the storyline, the acting and i wish they used the alternative ending (its included on the second bonus disc)

overall, i loved it. So should you.

top topics

join