It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture of a ghost

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Ok, I was on this tour of an old jail when I was visiting family in Iowa. I was taking all sorts of pictures because I'm not used to going into places that are as old as that was. Actually the main reason I was taking pictures was so I could hopefully capture something strange. I had nothing in mind, at that point even 'orbs' might've been nice. What I got was way better, though.
My mom was looking through the pictures that came out and they were all very blurry and it looked as if it was a complete waste of film. Then she pointed out this one to me and I actually didn't see anything at first, until she pointed out the semi-transparent human features on the left side of the photo. When I took the photo there was absolutely nothing in the cell, I just wanted a shot of everything, so I figured why not one of just an average cell. The first photo is the orginal and the second I sharpened up and pointed out the features.

1.Looks just like a nose, and exactly where it should be
2.His ear and right next to it looks like sideburns
3.You can clearly see his hairline
4.His arms and his hands
5.What looks to be like his shadow, but could be the shadow of the bars

Where it looks like he's sitting is where the bench was at

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Heh.
That's pretty cool.
And totally plausable.
Did anything else show up in any other pictures?
Did the camera cease to work temporarily?
Was it cold? (although this is not an accurate test, all of my ghost run-ins never produced a "cold" atmosphere)
Were there any voices?
There are other ways to determine if it is a ghost, however, in many instances, it is overactive imagination.
I'm not saying that this particular instance is imagination, hell, you have photos.
Was it exciting?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It was like two years ago so I don't remember all that much. The only 'different' thing I noticed when I was there was the weird feeling of 'oldness', like I felt like the place was filled with all sorts of emotions and such. I'm no medium or anything, actually I bottle emotions so much that I'd probably be the last to sense anything, so I'm guessing the 'feeling' I got was just my imagination, after all it was an old place and I'd never had a paranormal experience before then.
I don't recall any of the other pictures having anything strange on them, I'd double check if I knew where they were. Also, yes, it was exciting when I saw that on the picture, but as I said I noticed nothing out of the ordinary about that particular cell.
If anyone has heard of the place, its called like Squirrel Cage or something, it's very weird all the cells are in this big rotating tube thing, it was a good idea to avoid breakouts but i'd imagine it would've been awful for the inmates.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
It took me awhile to see what you are saying, but I do see it now.

I dont know what it is, but I wont jump to any conclusions.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Did you get the opportunity to check out the history of the place? I wonder if any of the staff knew anything about this "ghost"...

Really good picture by the way, nice one

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I doubt anyone there knew about it (if the picture is what it appears to be). I say this because, as I told you I was taking a ton of pictures because I thought I could catch something, I even asked the tour guide if anything weird has ever happened (maybe not those exact words, I can't really remember) and he was pretty quick to respond no. I'm sure if anything weird happnened to the staff, it would added to the tour, so I don't see why they would say no if it wasn't true. About the history, he told some stuff that I remember, like a few pretty sick criminals, but whether someone died there or not, I'm sure that there would be some sort of "imprit" onto a place like that.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Damn- I don't see it - I keep lookin - but I don't see it.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I've been looking and looking and I still don't see it. Can someone faintly draw an outline of it on the picture?

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Ok I outlined what I saw, created a new account with Photobucket and gonna try to show it, here goes:

- Nazgarn

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I can definitly see what you're talking about. I have to ask if you remember whether you used a flash when taking the picture, though. It's possible that if you were, the distortion could be caused by reflection off the metal bars in the backround. The panel directly behind the annomoly seems to be illuminated.

~Seraphim

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I don't see what your talking about, but I do see a different picture in that photo. It looks to me like a odd face with the jaw dropping awkwardly low. Check it out. I highlighted the area on the left of the black like red and to the right of the line is the original image, try putting this picture into a picture program like paint or photoshop and zoom out to about 33.2%. When zoom out that much you can clearly see what Im talking about!

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I can clearly see the guy in the cell...Great picture. You should send it in to Coast to Coast.

It is kinda strange how our minds interrupt images. But that is just so clear...gives me goose bumps.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Woah, I SEE IT NOW!
He's got very short black hair, yeah?

This should very much help people who can't see it like how I couldn't.

It looks like he's praying, and the shadow matches him, it's creepy.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Man, it took me forever to see this, before I read the outlined replies, but I see it now. Neat! I don't believe in ghosts, but that sure looks like a man to me!

Zip

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This might me my imaginiation, but it is the first thing I saw when I looked at the photo. If you view the origianl photo unsharpened, and look into the cell past the man outside of the cell. Right on the inside of the bar where the man's ear is what looks like two faces floating one above the other. I blew it up in paint shop, and tried to outline both heads in a light grey. I did not outline any of the features.

For some reason pictues that look one way on my computer, doesn't look the same once I upload it. Compair the blown up picture to the original unblurred photo that was posted. When I blew up the original photo, I saw the faces clearly, but when I uploaded it to the net it blured up.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeraphimSinger
I can definitly see what you're talking about. I have to ask if you remember whether you used a flash when taking the picture, though. It's possible that if you were, the distortion could be caused by reflection off the metal bars in the backround. The panel directly behind the annomoly seems to be illuminated.

Actually, I do not remember whether I used the flash or not, I do not think I did because it was fairly well lit in there, but I could be wrong. Either way it doesnt matter because the bars were either painted over or were some odd sort of metal because I remember them looking like plastic which was weird because the outside was chipping and revealing rust. Once again all this is based on memory, so I'm not promising that I'm completely correct on that.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
For some reason I couldn't come back and edit my post. I think it just a light playing with my eyes. The man is there though, and what I saw was so small compaired to the man, that it really wouldn't make any sense to have faces where I thought I saw them.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
We might just be finding shapes in a blur here, but it is quite a coincidence that it looks so much like a person without an extra blur spot, a shadow on the opposite wall, no light in the picture that could cause the blur, all the features are proportioned correctly. On top of all that instead of it being one of the many pictures taken at ordinary places it is one of the few taken at an old place, and not any old place, a prison that would be filled with the emotions of all the different criminals, some probably with serious mental issues. Quite a coincidence, it is possible I guess, but in my opinion it deserves more thought. Though what I think is one of the weirder things is that I almost knew I would get a picture like this, I mean even in a place like that it is rare to get a photo with a ghost (or whatever it is).

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This is a simple trick to perform.

Step 1

Set up camera on a tripod.

Set the aperture for about f/25 shutter speed for about 5 seconds

turn the lights down

Hit the shutter release, get in the frame for about a second and then get out.

Viola. Instant "Ghost."

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Well I guess that would be possible, but I don't even think I have a tripod, I don't know anybody that looks like that, and I couldn't really dim the lights in that situation. Besides if you are saying its a hoax then I could've probably done it more easily with a computer.

<<   2 >>

join