It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials Warn!: Possibility of Attacks around Sept. 11

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I heard on the radio on the way to work that LA, New York, and Chicago were warned to watch for suspicious looking people driving fuel trucks. So, that about narrows it down huh?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
I heard on the radio on the way to work that LA, New York, and Chicago were warned to watch for suspicious looking people driving fuel trucks. So, that about narrows it down huh?

yep thats the best u can do. imagine prior warning to 9/11 and they tell u that planes may be hijaced. the question is which plane will be hijacked. dont expect the terrorists will exactly tell u how they will attack.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
OK - for a few seconds imagine that you are a "Terrorist". Would You:

- Attack on the SAME DATE as you did before in the 2001?

How STUPID do you think your enemy is?

GEEEZ!

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Yea, yea.....
I've heard and read so many of these 'terror' warnings, that I don't know what to believe. I do agree that the threat of terrorism is still there, but I feel the government is putting out to many terror alerts to keep the people in fear and justify the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

GEEEZ!

Want me to answer that? REAL STUPID. But determined.

You see: Extreme religious zealots will do anything to spread their message, and they seem to love anagrams.

Most mass murderers and serial killers return to the scene of the crime as it "enhances" their experience. Doesnt suprise me at all that they will try it again on 9/11, they are that arrogant.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Most mass murderers and serial killers return to the scene of the crime as it "enhances" their experience. Doesnt suprise me at all that they will try it again on 9/11, they are that arrogant.

WHY?

On that day the Security will be Doubled anyway - how do you think they will get thru any of these double security checks, if people today are already talking about it? I thought that the Element of SURPRISE is Crucial here - not some Arrogant Attacks.

Makes no Sense to me at all....

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I live in New York City and I drive across the Triboro bridge everyday. I cross the queensboro often as well.

Do people who don't live in this city have any idea how many "fuel trucks" there are in this town? Let alone large trucks that are capapable of carrying a major payload?

The Triboro has good security, but the queensboro is relatively wide open. If a guy driving a fuel tanker has the right papers and the right orders, his flexibilty to go where he pleases is infinite.

AS for the date, it says AROUND Sept. 11. What scares me is the complacency of security and how these uncorroborated threats wear down the security officials.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Well, I don't see them acomplishing their goals on Sept 11 this year since it falls on a Sunday. Unless they attack churches. I figure that is why they are saying around 9/11.

The only significance I can see attacking around this particular date would be to open old, not quite healed, wounds and pour on the salt. I think we have all been waiting for the other shoe to drop since that day.

It has been 4 years since they have pulled off anything of that magnitude. 9/11 was several years in the making, they have had plenty of time to plan the next big hit and I am afraid, feel it in my gut, it will make 9/11 look like nothing.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Sept 11 is the start of the Football season...Attack the stadiums.

They will not attack, these guys aren't serial killers. Everyone tries to put a significant thing behind the date of an attack the dates are of no importance. We are no more likely to get attacked on Sept 11 than Feb 3rd. They will wait until we get comfortable and careless again.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Why New York, Chicago or LA? Why not Texas? I find it interesting if these terrorists were mad at Bush and Co etc,,why dont they hit Houston, Dallas, San Antonio or Austin? The borders aren't secure in Texas

This leads me to believe the so called "islamic terrorists" are working for the global elite somehow

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

GEEEZ!

Rest assured they will use some kind of occultic numerology or symbolism in the next attack. They always do

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by magnito_student
Why New York, Chicago or LA? Why not Texas? I find it interesting if these terrorists were mad at Bush and Co etc,,why dont they hit Houston, Dallas, San Antonio or Austin? The borders aren't secure in Texas

This leads me to believe the so called "islamic terrorists" are working for the global elite somehow

is the World Trade Center in TX or New York? maybe u expect the terrorists to be very predictable that they would attack TX just cause Bush is living there and was governor of the state.

maybe u like to think they may attack Hollywood because thats were all the infidel movies are made from, u expect that? dont expect the terrorists would attack this or that because its important location. look wat they did in Africa against the embassies. In Africa!!! u maybe expect the embassies in the Saudi Arabia or Kuwait would be attacked or somthing.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It does just sound like the standard fear mongering. People are always going to be extra wary on Sept. 11th now after what happened.
The reasons why they would strike again on the same date, and possibly the same cities, well, it may sound uncharacteristic of the terrorists, but imagine the extra fear people would intake knowing that all the laws and restrictions passed since Sept 11th 2001 could not stop it happening again. In my opinion, it would clear a path for whatever the heck the government wanted to do in the way of more laws, restrictions and further dilute liberties. The public would be completely rocked by it, that i don't think they would hesitate in following the lead of the good-willed government so that they can save and protect us.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Someone please help me to understand. Everyone criticised the gov't because there were some hints that something might happen around that time but the gov't didn't release anything.

Now, when there is any kind of hint, the gov't releases info and people are complaining that they release too many warnings.

So... is there any way for this to be handled that pleases everyone?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I would take this warning seriously, I think Al-Qaeda MO of attacking every 2-4 years is still very valid and 4 years would have given them enough time to come up with another attack plan. Let's hope it doesn't happen, but this is one warning I give a little more credence to, than some we have received in the past.

oh and btw, I don't think the attack would be planned for 9/11 but for a date close to it, either before or after, imo more likely less than 2 weeks after 9/11

[edit on 8-12-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

GEEEZ!

Souljah, are you familiar with psychology at all? Anniversaries are VERY important psychologically. I used to do volunteer crisis counseling and anniversaries of significant events (deaths of relatives, assaults, rapes, etc.) are always times of extra vulnerability for people. I don't know why, it's just the way that human brains are hardwired.

An additional trauma on an anniversary can, quite literally, break a person. It's not stupid to attack on the day of an anniversary. Quite the contrary, it is a brutal and effective method of attacking the psyche.

Some reading on anniversaries and psychology

another link

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marid Audran
Souljah, are you familiar with psychology at all? Anniversaries are VERY important psychologically. I used to do volunteer crisis counseling and anniversaries of significant events (deaths of relatives, assaults, rapes, etc.) are always times of extra vulnerability for people. I don't know why, it's just the way that human brains are hardwired.

An additional trauma on an anniversary can, quite literally, break a person. It's not stupid to attack on the day of an anniversary. Quite the contrary, it is a brutal and effective method of attacking the psyche.

Some reading on anniversaries and psychology

another link

Thanks for the Links!

Well I guess you are right about the "Anniversary Effect" - to breaks somebody's Psyche and breaking their Spirit.

But also lets not forget that on this Day Security will be Doubled if not Trippled - so it's not really such a "smart" thing to do.

But psychologically speaking - I agree, it creates a Big Effect.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Yeah, but war is all about taking calculated risks. If the return is greater than the risk involved it may well be worth taking. I am not saying whether I think something will happen or not. I don't know. I do know that I will be in the middle of the desert on September 11th.

Or course, that's because I will be driving back to California from a holiday in New Mexico ;-)

Keep fighting the good fight, Souljah. Even though I rarely agree with you, you never fail to make me think (and usually curse) ;-)

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   

GEEEZ!

Simply because the impact of the US not being able to do anything about it even though they knew it was comming , would be great propaganda for the turdroppers.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by umwolves123

LOOK noone was WARNED about anything on 9/11 as yous say they were. that's like saying that physics had preminitions about 9/11....If ANYONE knew it was going to happen and didnt say anything? they are just as quilty as those who did it. and should be burned alive. noone had any warning, people who think they did are just looking to blame somebody.

I am an officer in the united states dept. of homeland security, WE would have had warnings had someone known, since the safty of many rely on us.

Good thing for me that Tom Ridge was the Gov of PA when he stepped down to take that position of H.L.S. in 03.
So how far back does this homeland security go???????

And now on to no proof what so ever that nobody was warned not to fly/ go into the towers on 9/11.

Odigo says workers were warned of attack
Report cites warnings before 9/11
America warned two years ago over "September 11": report
Condoleeza Rice Warned Willie Brown Not To Fly On 9-11

As you see, you are completely right.. There was no warnings what so ever. Do you have proof that there were no warning prior to 9/11. just wondering.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join