It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forum for philosophy!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
iam quite new to this forem, and i noticed that its for " Faith, Spirituality & Theology" but not philiosofy, and thats what most of the disscussions boil down to here, when people share their own belifs. so if any mods are around, could we have a philiosofy area?

in the mean time, i'll share my philiosofy, and you share yours.

god
i belive that god is the all-powerful energy that suppyed the energy needed for the big bang to happen. (ie. e=mc2) therefore, he is the mass and the energy that we see around us, and that is us. so, my computer at which iam typing is a part of god... the tree outside is a part of god... the yob throwing a brick though my window... OI! lol! seriously, i belive that everything is god, therefore god exists. my god is a god of evreything, including the eternal battle between love+hate.
i belive that no amount of praying is gonna help anyone, and it gives you soar knees and pins 'n needles in your hands. if you want to help someone... say.. lying on a hospital bed in a coma, go and talk to them. it helps you and them. if you want to save starving african kids, go to africa and help, or donate regularly to a charity!
at the end of the day, god is not gonna respond, because there is nothing to respond. one could say that it responds in ignoring...

death
another issue. i belive that death is another beginning... a new challange. i cannot belive that we sit in heaven strumming harps. i for one would get bored very quickly, and before long would miss being able to say "bloodly gordon brown and his f***ing taxes!" i belive that life is a lesson at which we cannot walk out on when the going gets tough. so weather the storm, mate!

being at one
i belive that one must be at one with the mind and body. the two are intertwened. the body cannot live without the mind, the mind cannot live without the body. the two separate when the task is complete and do their seprated jobs. (body rots; mind moves on.)
to help ones mind, i belive that one must try to stay positive and focused. one must not turn to drugs and acholohol to sovle problems: it does not work.
to help ones body, one must eat a healthy diet and do regular exercise. if one helps both, then one will feel better in both the mind and body.
i also belive that the mind has to keep learning thoughout life.

thanks for reading this insight. ask if you have any questions, and please feel free to share your philiosofy and dispute mine.

[edit on 2-9-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
god
i belive that god is the all-powerful energy that suppyed the energy needed for the big bang to happen. (ie. e=mc2) therefore, he is the mass and the energy that we see around us, and that is us. so, my computer at which iam typing is a part of god... the tree outside is a part of god... the yob throwing a brick though my window... OI! lol! seriously, i belive that everything is god, therefore god exists. my god is a god of evreything, including the eternal battle between love+hate.

God is all powerfully but he is not the energy,he has the energy and controls the energy. most likely(there is a possibility) he did suppy the energy needed for the big bang, Thats only if there was a big bang. Most likely there was, and god power was in play in it. A brick is not God nor is your computer God. Not everything around you is of God. A tree because it was created by God is part of God. JUst like every born person is a son of god. But we all have free will to choose God and walk after him. If we dont walk after God we become son of the devil.

i belive that no amount of praying is gonna help anyone, and it gives you soar knees and pins 'n needles in your hands. if you want to help someone... say.. lying on a hospital bed in a coma, go and talk to them. it helps you and them. if you want to save starving african kids, go to africa and help, or donate regularly to a charity!
at the end of the day, god is not gonna respond, because there is nothing to respond. one could say that it responds in ignoring...

If you cant not believe that prayers can be answer, I GIVE YOU A TEST try to pray and believe your talking to him, ask him for things you may want. And tell him everything you are worryed abou and scare about. DO THIS but when you are praying you most tryed to believe, and understand you are talking to him. Do not worry about the fact that you really dont believe in praying to God. God is here and he does with no dout answer prayers. God has for the most part answer my prayers and i didnt know for share if he was out there. All i did was try to talk with him, I even had dout in me not to believe.
death

another issue. i belive that death is another beginning... a new challange. i cannot belive that we sit in heaven strumming harps. i for one would get bored very quickly, and before long would miss being able to say "bloodly gordon brown and his f***ing taxes!" i belive that life is a lesson at which we cannot walk out on when the going gets tough. so weather the storm, mate!

Most people believe we will all go to heaven, and thats it. That is not true revelations says 144 thousand thousnad will go to heaven and the rest will live on earth in the New Jerusalem with Jesus.LOL if you do go to heaven you will not only be strumming harps as you say. Yes you will worship god. But most likely you will become an angel of god. Angels are as the bible says ministering spirits. They take care of what needs to be in heaven. But most imporantly they take care of those on earth. You see every person has a angel and he helps you walk the life god wants you to. But if you do something that the angel does not like to see, (like jakking off) the angel leaves because he cant stand to be in present of evilness. But he will come back, but the angels teach lestin too. Angels in heaven do the work of God on earth. Those that live in the New Jerusalem
continue the original plan of god.

To say the body cannot live with out the mind is different in christainity.But to make the point. To believe in reincarnation to say that the mind moves from a old body and go's to a new one says there is a higher power a higher thing helping to move the spirit. If the mind is mind only then mind would die too. But to say the mind moves, means something is helping moving the mind. So let me guess the body dies and jumps into a mothers stomach??? When the baby was already created 9 months ago????
ok how about this one right when the body die, the spirit jump into a couple that where haveing sex right when the man we was (well you know). But even then there was not a body for the spirit or mind to jump to. What i have just said most likely confused you. To be honest to confused me. But the idea of reincarnation is flawed and if you believe in it. you almost believe in what i just said. And thats just confusing period

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
ok, i accept your belifs, and iam not questioning them to cause any offence!

God is all powerfully but he is not the energy,he has the energy and controls the energy. most likely(there is a possibility) he did suppy the energy needed for the big bang, Thats only if there was a big bang. Most likely there was, and god power was in play in it. A brick is not God nor is your computer God. Not everything around you is of God. A tree because it was created by God is part of God. JUst like every born person is a son of god. But we all have free will to choose God and walk after him. If we dont walk after God we become son of the devil.

ok, but the energy that controls the energy must be me, because i control my fingers moving to type this... i control my thoughts that burn a lot of energy...

i belive that, as you say, every born person is of god, and the person is made up of atoms/electrons ect. ect. , the same atoms that make up the brick! it would go aganst my logic to assume that the brick is in anyway more specil than me; or vias versa. i belive that the energy is now the mass of the brick.

your belifs are that anything that is living is of god as it was created by god (correct me if iam wrong). but did god not create the universe? therefore, unless one is assuming that there are multible gods, then he created everything inside it!

If you cant not believe that prayers can be answer, I GIVE YOU A TEST try to pray and believe your talking to him, ask him for things you may want. And tell him everything you are worryed abou and scare about. DO THIS but when you are praying you most tryed to believe, and understand you are talking to him. Do not worry about the fact that you really dont believe in praying to God. God is here and he does with no dout answer prayers. God has for the most part answer my prayers and i didnt know for share if he was out there. All i did was try to talk with him, I even had dout in me not to believe.

let me clarify: i need not pray, because i worship him every second, minute, hour, year of my life! , just by living and appreciating everything that goes on around me. i did once try praying for a couple of weeks (i regret i cannot prove this) and yes it helped, but i felt that i prefered to, for want of a better word, 'pray' to my inner self , to talk to myself, and to be completly open and honest to myself; because i also belive that the worst lie is to oneself. i discovered that when i was in need of a helping hand, company, or to argue with, someone was always there: ME. therefore, praying to a god that goes agast who and what iam, was an imposablaty.

"i think, therefore i am." [i aplogise, i cant remember the name
]

Angels in heaven do the work of God on earth. Those that live in the New Jerusalem.

thats intresting... but in my beliefs god is earth. god is your ideal of "heaven" because you imagened it, and therefore it must exist somewhere, if but in your head.
therefore, angels are not needed. iam not going to get into "do angels exist" because there are countless other firefights dealing with this.

To believe in reincarnation to say that the mind moves from a old body and go's to a new one says there is a higher power a higher thing helping to move the spirit. If the mind is mind only then mind would die too. But to say the mind moves, means something is helping moving the mind.

yes, there is logic in your answer... but that would defy the whole point of the mind and the body separating. if the mind dies... that means one should fear death, as it is truly the end of the road. one can then throw all reilgon/philiosofy/sprirtilgy out the window. therefore, one could say that you are controditing yourself but sayinng about angels god "the energy that controls the energy" ect.

i do not belive that something helps the mind move. i mean... no... hang on, ill explain this though a story:

i was travelling along a road. i did not have any beginning or destenation. the weather constuntly got on my nerves, as sometimes it was raining and sometimes it was shine; i cound never be prepared for either. i carried all the things that i owned in my backpack, and i sometimes found objects that i picked up that i liked. example, last week, i found a book of sudokos. "beat the boredom!" i thought to myself. sometimes i threw bits out my bag that i did not need.
the road was constently twisting annd turning with forks, turnings, such like coming off. one day, i came to the dead end. i knew that this was not the end, as i could see another road in the distance. trouble was, there was a swamp inbetween. i had to dump my stuff if i wanted to get across... i could not go back, as that would be pointless. so i dumped my bag. i made it across the swamp and onto the other road. there, i began where i left off.

phew! the story symbolises this: on the road of life. when he [the mind] reaches the dead end, his bag/possestions sybolises his body/experences; which he had to discard, to enabal him to carry on.
the swamp symbolises the unknown of death.
sorry, if i bored you, but this was the only way at which i could explain.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The hole point is to believe in what you do or some do is almost illlogical. Your saying say everthing is God. But if that is true you can destroy God by killing or brakeing the computer. Sorry to say but you cant destroy The all powerfully being. And if you could kill God by brake or destroying the computer. There would have to be consucences for killing the God. Or killing apart of him.

There is a God and a heaven, but to know God in heaven, and that there is a spirit and a soul. You can only know by faith.

Do not worry about affending me, you cant affend me. Just be honest.

[edit on 14-8-2005 by slymattb]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Ahem.... Don't you know that you can't argue philosphy?

There are no right answers. My beliefs and way of life work for me but may not work for you but that doesn't make me wrong nor does it make you right. Its simply the correct answer is the one you choose to accept. Thats the basis of philosphy. That you need to be understanding. You need to understnad the difference in everyone and everything. Each person is unique and to say that there is a set code of life to make everyone happy is absurd. Oscar Wilde once said in his famed book "The Picture of Dorain Grey" "To teach morality is in itself in moral"

wisdom and philosphy, beliefs and living life are things that can be taught but you need to understand and understand comes from personal belief and fuction. TO be taught it without knowing for yourself is just wrong and not the true spirit of the whole thing.

Simply there is no right answer with philosphy and there is no reason argueing. In not right and your not wrong nor are you right but neiter am I wrong.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue_sky_9
iam quite new to this forem, and i noticed that its for " Faith, Spirituality & Theology" but not philiosofy, and thats what most of the disscussions boil down to here, when people share their own belifs.

I believe you are not sincere and that your post was meant as a joke of some sort.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
The hole point is to believe in what you do or some do is almost illlogical. Your saying say everthing is God. But if that is true you can destroy God by killing or brakeing the computer. Sorry to say but you cant destroy The all powerfully being. And if you could kill God by brake or destroying the computer. There would have to be consucences for killing the God. Or killing apart of him.
[edit on 14-8-2005 by slymattb]

i my belifs no, because the atoms of the material would still exist, therefore god would still exist. ok, lets say that we throw it in a nuclear reactor. it would (i think
) break down into energy, but the energy would still exist, therefore god still exists.

as for consequences of "killing" ones computer, i would not be able to comment on ats, which could be seen as a punishment, or listen to music, which again, could be a punishment.

Do not worry about affending me, you cant affend me. Just be honest.

iam not here to offend,or to sneer at others belifs, and dont worry, i have been honest from the start.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizar
There are no right answers. My beliefs and way of life work for me but may not work for you but that doesn't make me wrong nor does it make you right. Its simply the correct answer is the one you choose to accept. Thats the basis of philosphy. That you need to be understanding. You need to understnad the difference in everyone and everything. Each person is unique and to say that there is a set code of life to make everyone happy is absurd.

i thought i made it obvious form the start... i have not forced my philosofy upon anyone, or asked anyone to belive it. i have only stated by belifs, and aked people to share theirs

i'll share my philiosofy, and you share yours.

of course i understand that others have their own belifs. why do you think i asked for people to share theirs?

i only shared mine to make it "even".

i couldn't care if iam wrong, because i belive [ironic] that the jorney is as improtant as the desination. my thinking is just as important as the concusion i arrive at.

anyway, maybe you'd like to share your philosofy?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

iam quite new to this forem, and i noticed that its for " Faith, Spirituality & Theology" but not philiosofy, and thats what most of the disscussions boil down to here, when people share their own belifs.

I believe you are not sincere and that your post was meant as a joke of some sort.

and i belive that you are posting for the sake of points. we can't all be perfect can we?

by the way, i was being sinerce. there are numrois firefights going on in this forem. please do not turn this into another, which goes for anyone reading this as well.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

and i belive that you are posting for the sake of points. we can't all be perfect can we?

by the way, i was being sinerce. there are numrois firefights going on in this forem. please do not turn this into another, which goes for anyone reading this as well.

Well sorry then. It came across as a joke. Anyway, I don't care about the point system.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

god
i belive that god is the all-powerful energy that suppyed the energy needed for the big bang to happen.

This sounds like a version of Deism.

death
another issue. i belive that death is another beginning...

Why do you believe this?

being at one
the body cannot live without the mind, the mind cannot live without the body. the two separate when the task is complete and do their seprated jobs. (body rots; mind moves on.)

If the mind can not live without the body, then how is it possible for the mind to continue on without the body?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I'm not really here to discuss my "philosphy" on life, just to let you know that ATS's sister site, Ignorance Denied, has a philosphy forum on it that you can go and post if you really want a forum for philosphy. But I would just do as you are doing and just post it in this forum.

Well have fun.

[edit on 8/16/2005 by hatchedcross]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Well sorry then. It came across as a joke. Anyway, I don't care about the point system.

no worrys

Originally posted by spamandham

god
i belive that god is the all-powerful energy that suppyed the energy needed for the big bang to happen.

This sounds like a version of Deism.

sounds a bit igorent, but whats deism?

death
another issue. i belive that death is another beginning...

Why do you believe this?

i belive this because, to put it another way, life is so interagate, i cannot belive that when it ends there is nothing. plus, if was truly the end, i would fear it.

being at one
the body cannot live without the mind, the mind cannot live without the body. the two separate when the task is complete and do their seprated jobs. (body rots; mind moves on.)

If the mind can not live without the body, then how is it possible for the mind to continue on without the body?

...er... umm... you have caught me out! i dont know. can somebody give me a theory?

i know that i belive this because, as i have said, i belive that life goes on; and to do this the mind and body need to be separated-death.

[edit on 8/17/2005 by blue_sky_9]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
There is a soul and a spirit. There is a life after death. A begining and end of the old life. A begining of the new Life. The one God is out there. But we can only find the true God by faith, with out proof.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

sounds a bit igorent, but whats deism?

Basically, deists believe either that that the universe is god, or that god is impersonal and uninvolved with us. It's emphasis is morality rather than spirituality.

i belive this because, to put it another way, life is so interagate, i cannot belive that when it ends there is nothing. plus, if was truly the end, i would fear it.

You can believe what comforts you, or you can seek knowledge independent of your desires. You can't really do both. Is it not preferable to come to grips with reality, whatever reality may be, rather than living in a self inflicted delusion?

...er... umm... you have caught me out! i dont know. can somebody give me a theory?

i know that i belive this because, as i have said, i belive that life goes on; and to do this the mind and body need to be separated-death.

There's no way to resolve it if you accept that mind and body are one. All evidence indicates they are in fact one. The conclusion is that death is the permanent end of self.

But it isn't as bad as it sounds. You did not exist 100 years ago. Did that nonexistence cause you any trouble? Your nonexistence after death will be no more troublesome for you than your nonexistence was before.

If you accept mortality, you will live your life to the fullest. You are also less likely to risk it for stupid reasons. Are these outcomes good or bad?

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   

You can believe what comforts you, or you can seek knowledge independent of your desires. You can't really do both. Is it not preferable to come to grips with reality, whatever reality may be, rather than living in a self inflicted delusion?

i dont belive that which comforts me, i belive that which seems the most logical; as i said, i belive because that seems logical. a "self inflicted delusion"- the matrix!!

There's no way to resolve it if you accept that mind and body are one. All evidence indicates they are in fact one. The conclusion is that death is the permanent end of self.

what do you belive?

But it isn't as bad as it sounds. You did not exist 100 years ago. Did that nonexistence cause you any trouble? Your nonexistence after death will be no more troublesome for you than your nonexistence was before.

If you accept mortality, you will live your life to the fullest. You are also less likely to risk it for stupid reasons. Are these outcomes good or bad?

but how do i know that i did not exist before? just as how do i know, in your views, that i wont exist after?

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   

i dont belive that which comforts me, i belive that which seems the most logical;

It isn't logical (i.e. reasonable in this context) to believe there is anything after death. In fact, it contradicts your own position that mind and body are one. It also contradicts physical evidence from medical science, as well as your own experience every night when you sleep and consciousness ceases for hours on end (between dreams). It feels nice to think death is not permanent, but such a position is irrational.

what do you belive?

All evidence indicates that death is the permanent end of self. Since that's what the evidence indicates, that's what I believe. Do I like it? No, but I've come to accept it.

but how do i know that i did not exist before? just as how do i know, in your views, that i wont exist after?

How do we know anything? We know things by observation and reflection upon those observations.

What observations do you have that you existed in some form 100 years ago?

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
LOL so all this happen by accidents. Ya right. And there is no proof that says nothing happens after death. In fact there is different. People have die for seconds, and when they where brought back to life, they say they have seen a after life. and now believe in God. Has alone watch beyond belif fact or fiction. Alot of the true stories are about see ghost. And they'r real thing that are recorded. Like I said you can only believe in God by faith. spam you even said they'r is evidents of a 6000 year old flood. there is also some type os evidents of the bible too. And spam knows it, more than I

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
phew, started to think about this in bed last night. its true... it is the logical fact that nothing is after death... when you think about it it could be comforting... this is way beyhond me... the only thing that i can comle up with, is that the mind and body are together, and the atoms still exist, therefore the mind+body still exist in a way...

i go to think more on this matter...

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

And there is no proof that says nothing happens after death.

Lack of proof that there isn't anything after death does not constitute an argument that there is.

In fact there is different. People have die for seconds, and when they where brought back to life, they say they have seen a after life. and now believe in God.

NDEs would carry more weight if the experiences were all consistent. But they aren't. People experience what the dominant culture around them instills during NDEs. If Muslims and Buddhists had NDEs involving Jesus, the argument would carry more weight. All indications are that NDEs are generated by the brain itself.

NDEs can be induced by the way without ever approaching death.

It's amazing how many people are willing to accept NDEs at face value and have no interest in performing an experiment to test the theory. The most common aspect of NDEs is the sense of floating above your body looking down. This aspect is a prime candidate for scientific investigation that no-one seems interested in performing. I guess you can't push books by proving NDEs are contained within the brain itself.

Has alone watch beyond belif fact or fiction. Alot of the true stories are about see ghost. And they'r real thing that are recorded.

If you accept ghosts, you must reject Christianity. Ghosts do not fit within the paradigms of Christianity.

spam you even said they'r is evidents of a 6000 year old flood.

There is such evidence, but it's of very poor quality and contradicted by reams of high quality evidence. If you are willing to use evidence selectively, you can arrive at any conclusion you choose.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join