It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some disturbing facts of islam

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   
www.masada2000.org...

here are some statistics about islam that may shock all of you.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
i'm shocked indeed, shocked at the sheer ignorance and hatred that is displayed in that page, whoever made that is very ignorant.

LOOK , anybody who blows themselves up is making a POLITICAL statement, not a RELIGIOUS ! It's as simple as that, There are however many smart men who take advantege of less smart people , and who use religion to get poele to do political acts for them. Anyone who even considers blowing up a human beeing for any cause CANNOT be a muslim, nor christian....nor any religion.
If you would realy inform yourself and talk to some real muslims, you'dd discover that islam is a religion of peace.

And it's threads like these that fuel the hatred towards ALL muslims (FYI islam is the worlds biggest and fastest growing religion...)

You don't see me making threads named " disturbing facts about christianity" , and then link to an article of American pedophile priests right ?
If i would think in the same ignorant and generalising way as you , then all christians are pedophiles...right ?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
This is an important thread and should be made sticky as an example of ignorance.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I put the author of this thread on ignore some time ago, I can imagine what the thread says.

I get tired of arguing with ignorant bigots and no-one seems to be doing anything about them on ATS.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Wow.

Just...wow.

That's possibly the most ignorant, hate-filled, half-baked, ingenuous, simple-minded, detestable, repugnant website I've ever had the misfortune to peruse.

Thanks, though - it's another one to add to my list of "Perfect Examples Of Ignorance, v1.0".

But to give the poster his due...well done there, old bean. You've managed to get people to respond...kudos for points-gathering.

[edit on 10-8-2005 by Tinkleflower]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Yeah this is really interesting to say the least........I am still trying to decide which is more ignorant-The people who took the time to make a fanatical website filled with some truths, and half truths and outright lies, or the people who believe this website and point to it as proof, or "fact" of anything?Hmm.....Yeah I'll take the people who believe this tripe for $1000 Alex.

I mean what better way to find out about Islam than from zionist propaganda, right?

On a side note....Wasn't Masada the place where the Jews were believed to hold that mass suicide, rather than be ruled by foreign rulers some time ago?
www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

Sure an orginization named after a famous historic mass suicide could not possibly be biased. I wonder if theres some peoples temple group somewhere that wants to enlighten us about zionism? :LOL:

[edit to avoid double post]

[edit on 10-8-2005 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Half truths and Lies?

Nope, almost everyone of those "facts" on Islam are actual facts. Instead of attacking the poster, why don't you complainers actually try and debate the items in the attached thread? ....you see the problem is most Liberals don't like the truth about Islam and would perfer to attack the messenger.

If you want to stick your head in the sand and pretend Islam is peaceful thats fine, but we conservative Americans will keep our powder dry and our AK's loaded.

Maximu§

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Half truths and Lies?

Nope, almost everyone of those "facts" on Islam are actual facts. Instead of attacking the poster, why don't you complainers actually try and debate the items in the attached thread? ....

Almost? Actual facts, as opposed to virtual facts, right? LMFAO.

The problem is nothing is mentioned in this thread, instead someone points to someone elses work, and wants to use that as "intellectual" backup. Not one example from the page was even mentioned in the original thread, so how can one debate then. There was simply a blanket statement that was made, nothing more.

I however do know about Islam, and I did not learn it from a Jew. Would you go to a baker, to learn how to sew? No. So why go to a jew to educate yourself on Islam? Makes no sense right. To anyone including you who supports this sort of view, I ask you. How many Muslims do you now, and have you known throughout your life? Where is it that you have learned about Islam? From where, and whom?

Your statements time and time again would betray the fact that you do not know much about the religion, and probably even less about the people that make it up. Oh well, you got your A.K, right? I alwways preferred an SKS, but then again I am a pinko scum!

Seriously though, I suggest you look up masad, and then ask yourself why an orginization would name themselves that, then perhaps if you can do that, then maybe, just maybe you can admit that perhaps they are a bit biased.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
That website is full of rubbish. It's a hate website. The message given in the website is one of destruction of muslims...sounds similar to what Hitler tried to do to the Jews if you ask me.

The unsubstantiated facts, mixed in with cleverly placed misquotes and figures paint a picture of hopelessness and despair and try to portray Islam as a bad religion, full of killers...when the reality is so much different.

To go through every argument in that website and refute it point by point is merely a waste of time. Any sane person reading the first few lines of the website would realise that it is spreading a message of hate. I say that the website link should be removed. ATS is a place of discussion, not hate propaganda.

dom

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Half truths and Lies?

Nope, almost everyone of those "facts" on Islam are actual facts. Instead of attacking the poster, why don't you complainers actually try and debate the items in the attached thread? ....you see the problem is most Liberals don't like the truth about Islam and would perfer to attack the messenger.

If you want to stick your head in the sand and pretend Islam is peaceful thats fine, but we conservative Americans will keep our powder dry and our AK's loaded.

Maximu§

" 90%-95% OF ALL THE CONFLICTS ON THIS PLANET TODAY
INVOLVE MUSLIMS FIGHTING NON-MUSLIMS OR EACH OTHER!"

Let's take this first statement. It's total bollocks straight off the bat, DR Congo is not a Muslim area, just tribal.

And quite a few of the countries where Muslims are fighting non-Muslims (Iraq , Afghanistan) are because the West attacked the Muslim countries. That statement is just intellectually bankrupt, as are many of the others on that page.

"ISLAMIC CIVILIZATION?
What an oxymoron! Since when IS barbarism called civilization?
Islam is an anti-civilization cult par excellence. It destroyed every civilization it touched
and brought misery, poverty, ignorance and war in every country that it invaded!"

This type of moronic argument could only be endorsed by someone who has been brainwashed into racist views. It's time to open your mind a little and to stop being such a racist dimwit...

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Yep--that website seems to be based more on fear and anger than an intelligent undertanding of Islam. For a more tempered and logically positioned view of islam, go to Jihadwatch.org. Here you will find important questions related to Islam that are mostly answered by Robert Spencer.

Mr Spencer Spencer (MA, Religious Studies, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill) has been studying Islamic theology, law, and history in depth since 1980. He is an Adjunct Fellow with the Free Congress Foundation, and his monographs on Islam are available from the Foundation: An Introduction to the Qur'an; Women and Islam; An Islamic Primer; Islam and the West; The Islamic Disinformation Lobby; Islam vs. Christianity; and Jihad in Context.

His articles on Islam and other topics have appeared in the New York Post, the Washington Times, the Dallas Morning News, Canada's National Post, FrontPage Magazine.com, WorldNet Daily, Insight in the News, Human Events, National Review Online, and many other journals. He has discussed jihad, Islam, and terrorism on CNN, FoxNews, MSNBC, PBS, and C-Span, as well as on numerous radio programs including Michael Savage's Savage Nation, The G. Gordon Liddy Show, the Michael Medved Show, The Michael Reagan Show, The Larry Elder Show, Vatican Radio, and many others.

Be warned, however, that Mr. Spencer raises issues and provides information based on history, the Qur'an, the Hadith, and Sharia law; not based on fear and anger. How you view his website depends largely which of the two types of person you are: One who is willing to research for yourself to discover what Islam is about; or one who hides his head in the sand refusing to accept what history, the Qur'an, Hadith and Sharia teaches us about Islam.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Half truths and Lies?

Maximu§

You got it in one, Max!

And they're hawking a book, to boot.

Yeah, that website is really accurate. Uh-huh.

Let's just take one little excerpt:

"Among every four humans in the world, one of them is Muslim."

That means - 3 out of every 4 humans is not Muslim. That's 3/4 of the world.

Same figure, different perspective.

It's astonishing that the utter tripe listed on that website is even being given a second glance.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I share in the digust for this web page and further share in the disgust for the poster of this site.

This site is PURE NEGATIVE PROPAGANDA of the worst kind!! It reminds me of what Hitler spread around to convince people that anyone who is not German is a threat to their civilization.
To site this as fact is an atrocity.

I live in New York. Surrounded by many muslims who are just as sick to hear about what is happening in the world right now. They are are peaceful, good people. Many are my close friends. ISLAM DOES NOT MEAN TERRORISM.

I would argue that it is trash like this website that propogates this struggle. Most of this war is over misinformation and lack of understanding between peoples. When will people learn that all Muslims are not out to get us? Just as we hope that the peaceful Muslims abroad learn that all Christians don't want to bomb their homes on a regular basis.

WAKE UP>>>>

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I propose that the person that started this thread should be ignored or even banned from posting such rubbish in the future. Hate only fuels hate.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
Just as we hope that the peaceful Muslims abroad learn that all Christians don't want to bomb their homes on a regular basis.

There is no rational fear or concern that Christians will do this because it hasn't happend. There is no systematic "Jihadi"-like effort backed by the bible that istructs Christians to kill/subjugate non-believers. However, Christians living on Islamic soil have a lot to be worried about--given what it says in the Qur'an about them.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
you know, for all the 'hate' that is supposedly spewed in the link, I don't see it. This seems to me like anyone one of the numerous "9/11 was a neo-con shame" website. I am more upset with that ignorance, than I am the publishing of the statistics of the growth of a religion.

What I do see are some inflated statistics and use of wording that may be able to convince the feeble minded to 'hate' the Muslim world. personally, if you read the article you get a feeling for how this religion is spreading, and there are extreme hardliners that do hate us in America. There is a case in my hometown that is directly related to funding Palestinian terror.

Look through history, and the Christians and Muslims have been fighting for a loooooonnggg time folks. This is a Holy war . Read up on Islam and Christianity and don't be ignorant to the fact they 'both' have caused centries of bloodshed.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom_for_sum

There is no rational fear or concern that Christians will do this because it hasn't happend.

Oh. I'm sorry. You're right. Bombs that fall out of planes don't count. Shells fired from tanks don't count. Cruise missles fired from hundreds of miles away don't count.

Just as Christians are scared to be on Islamic soil, Muslims are getting mighty affraid to be there as well.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Imagine for ten seconds that this site had replaced the word Muslim with Jew. Or Christian. Or American.

There would be an outcry from the same people who are now saying 'whats the big deal here? we know this to be gospel'

When will people learn that an entire religion with over a thousand years of history and billions of participants cant be judged by the actions of a few?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
well, im shocked and appalled how many people refuse to see the truth about these people. The ignorance in some of these replies makes me really doubt if any of you are vaguely familiar with islam, (other than what you see on the news or political circuit).

Let's look at this for a moment:

"90% of all conflicts on the face of the planet involves muslims"

This is the most obvious, one person could only name some parts of africa
as not involving cinflict with muslims. Look at what remains, Palestineans vs Israel, US vs Iraq, India vs Pakistan(conflict ened, but tensions remain high),Phillipines(abu sayeff),Balkans, sudan, on and on.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
So many conflicts involve Chrisitans.

Theres Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine (many Plaestinians are Christians), Northern Ireland, Scotland, Gang wars in Brazil.

Is Christianity going to count as such a major threat suddenly?

Because these are pretty much all the major wars in the world right now and the Christians are involved in the all.

Run for the hills! The Christians are coming!

Just read their holy book to know what they want! Slavery, stonings, to go forth and convert the world!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join