It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So why is 33rd Degree Eliphas Levi conjuring up a demon in this picture? Anyone care to explain?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   

33rd Freemason Eliphas Levi

More info on Eliphas Levi

More info on
The Illuminati, Baphomet, & Freemasonry

So why is a Freemason using the same Satanic occult symbols that are used to summon demonic forces?

Here is a list of symbols that are common with that picture and what the Satanic Church uses:

1. Goatshead Pentagram : While the church bulletin has one goatshead pentagram right in the middle of a circle, Levi is standing on a rug in which the pentagrams are in each corner, with each pentagram facing him with the two points toward him forming the goatshead.

2. Triangle Critically Important: In the Levi picture, a Demon has appeared within the triangle surrounded by a circle. In the church bulletin, each of the horns of the pentagram form a triangle, plus we see more triangles in the church bulletin depiction in the large circle surrounding the goatshead, a point we explain in detail further along in this article.

3. Two candles lighted in a candlestick. In this Levi picture, we see one candlestick on each side of him; similarly, the church bulletin depicts the candles on each side of a songsheet.

4. Conjuring Ritual Sheet versus a Songsheet: Levi is shown holding up a roughly shaped sheet on which he has written specific ritual instructions. In the church bulletin, we see a roughly shaped songsheet.

5. "As Above, So Below": In the picture of Levi, we see the Sabbatic Goat [Satan] pointing upward with one hand, and downward with the other. This gesture depicts the Satanic belief in Yin - Yang, also stated, "As Above, So Below", also known as the "balance of Nature". In the church bulletin, we see numerous triangles formed around both the large and the small circles, some pointing up and others pointing down. This symbolism depicts exactly the same belief, "As Above, So Below".

6. Three Concurrent Circles: Levi is standing in the middle of a rug on which three circles are painted. Levi is standing inside the smaller, inner circle. Around that smaller circle is a larger circle, which is surrounded by yet a larger circle. In the church bulletin, we also see three circles, do we not? We see a small inner circle in which the Goatshead [Satan] is located rather than Levi the Wizard. Surrounding the inner circle is a larger circle, which is surrounded by yet a larger circle.

Since the number 'three' is a sacred number because it represents the Pagan Trinity, we would need to have three circles in the church bulletin if this symbol is, indeed, Satanic; and, we do have the three circles! Circles are critically important to the Satanist, for they symbolize spirit. They describe "the whole cosmos -- everything which is spiritual, everything embraced by the vast realm of the heavens." [Goodman, p. 17] Thus, it is highly appropriate that Levi would utilize circles in his Demon Conjuring Ritual, and equally appropriate for the Goatshead Pentagram in the church bulletin to be surrounded with three concurrent circles.

7. Brightness of light: in the Levi depiction, we see the standing demon appearing in a triangle surrounded by an aura of bright light. In the church bulletin, we see one of the major groupings of triangles illuminated by the flame of the candle. In both pictures, the bright light is within a triangle off to the side of the Wizard -- Goatshead -- located within the inner circle. This illumination represents "enlightenment" into the darker esoteric, demonic world.

Cug

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by eudaimonia

33rd Freemason Eliphas Levi

First of all how do you know this is a picture of Levi? It could be Harry Potter for all I know.

Here is a list of symbols that are common with that picture and what the Satanic Church uses:

1. Goatshead Pentagram : While the church bulletin has one goatshead pentagram right in the middle of a circle, Levi is standing on a rug in which the pentagrams are in each corner, with each pentagram facing him with the two points toward him forming the goatshead.

What church bulletin? And to be picky the man in the picture is not standing on a rug, looks like a chalk circle on stone to me. Great powers of observation you have! And the "goats head" pentagram would have the two points facing away from him (the top two points are the horns).

NOTE See bottom of post for what bulletin.

2. Triangle Critically Important: In the Levi picture, a Demon has appeared within the triangle surrounded by a circle. In the church bulletin, each of the horns of the pentagram form a triangle, plus we see more triangles in the church bulletin depiction in the large circle surrounding the goatshead, a point we explain in detail further along in this article.

Actually the picture is incorrect. the Triangle of the Art has the circle inside the triangle. Any way that picture has an example of just about every basic geometric shape... you know they are quite common.

3. Two candles lighted in a candlestick. In this Levi picture, we see one candlestick on each side of him; similarly, the church bulletin depicts the candles on each side of a songsheet.

LOL a Satanic songsheet, and again what church bulletin? 2 candles? I'm sorry, what's the big deal? pretty much every romantic candlelight dinner also has 2 candles... satanic dating???

4. Conjuring Ritual Sheet versus a Songsheet: Levi is shown holding up a roughly shaped sheet on which he has written specific ritual instructions. In the church bulletin, we see a roughly shaped songsheet.

In other words they both have a sheet of paper!!! GASP Satanic school children have paper too!!!!

6. Three Concurrent Circles: Levi is standing in the middle of a rug on which three circles are painted. Levi is standing inside the smaller, inner circle. Around that smaller circle is a larger circle, which is surrounded by yet a larger circle. In the church bulletin, we also see three circles, do we not? We see a small inner circle in which the Goatshead [Satan] is located rather than Levi the Wizard. Surrounding the inner circle is a larger circle, which is surrounded by yet a larger circle.

Nope I don't see three circles in the church bulletin. but again what's 3 circles? Something Satanic archers aim at?

Since the number 'three' is a sacred number because it represents the Pagan Trinity, we would need to have three circles in the church bulletin if this symbol is, indeed, Satanic; and, we do have the three circles! Circles are critically important to the Satanist, for they symbolize spirit. They describe "the whole cosmos -- everything which is spiritual, everything embraced by the vast realm of the heavens." [Goodman, p. 17] Thus, it is highly appropriate that Levi would utilize circles in his Demon Conjuring Ritual, and equally appropriate for the Goatshead Pentagram in the church bulletin to be surrounded with three concurrent circles.

What's the pagan trinity? and Circles are important if you step outside the circle the demon will eat your face!! eek!

7. Brightness of light: in the Levi depiction, we see the standing demon appearing in a triangle surrounded by an aura of bright light. In the church bulletin, we see one of the major groupings of triangles illuminated by the flame of the candle. In both pictures, the bright light is within a triangle off to the side of the Wizard -- Goatshead -- located within the inner circle. This illumination represents "enlightenment" into the darker esoteric, demonic world.

For what's it's worth, there are many images of Christ in a Brightness of light.. does that have a Satanic meaning?

By the way, why don't you do some real research and not copy verbatim (Without attribution I might add) from this page www.cuttingedge.org...

I just noticed the church bulletin eudaimonia is talking is from a Baptist Church!! ROTFLMAO!!!

[edit on 8/8/2005 by Cug]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   
You forgot about the Owl and the Lucifer poster on the wall.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Actually I believe this is a picture from

The Rupert Annual

The friendly wizard cast his spell
To send the wee troll back to hell

... although it could be just an illustration of the dangers of passing wind in front of an open fire.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by Trinityman]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Number One: That isn't Eliphas Levi, it's a painting of an imaginary scene that's featured in the chapter on ceremonial magic in Manly P. Hall's book "The Secret Teachings of All Ages."

Number Two: Eliphas Levi was not a 33° Mason.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Number Three: Magic is of no interest to Freemasons

(we'll tell you when you're ready)

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
eudaimonia:

Seriously, how did you attribute this ARTWORK (which is not a photograph, not even a portrait of someone's face???) to Levi and therefore to Freemasonry?

That's like me guessing what you look like by your username and then saying I saw your face on a "Most Wanted" poster.

Is this what you call research? I opened this thread thinking, "Oh wow, let's look at this!" and upon reading it, even if I were staunchly anti-Masonic, I would still give you the thumbs down for your pitiful effort at making this so-called connection.

Racking up those points, eh?

[edit on 8-8-2005 by Stegosaur]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stegosaur
eudaimonia:

Seriously, how did you attribute this ARTWORK (which is not a photograph, not even a portrait of someone's face???) to Levi and therefore to Freemasonry?

That's like me guessing what you look like by your username and then saying I saw your face on a "Most Wanted" poster.

Is this what you call research? I opened this thread thinking, "Oh wow, let's look at this!" and upon reading it, even if I were staunchly anti-Masonic, I would still give you the thumbs down for your pitiful effort at making this so-called connection.

Racking up those points, eh?

[edit on 8-8-2005 by Stegosaur]

Here, here. Pitiful indeed.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
And the so called demon looks like a cute little guy anyways.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baphomet79

Yeah, but I hear you can't feed them after midnight or else they turn into trolls and start spouting fundamentalist drivel, blaming Masons for every little thing.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   

That's Minya in rather foppish attire...

Errr... For those that had a sheltered childhood, Minya is Godzilla's "son."

B Movie Monkeys, not just for King Kong anymore...

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Errr... For those that had a sheltered childhood, Minya is Godzilla's "son."

B Movie Monkeys, not just for King Kong anymore...

Ooookay. Obviously this thread isn't going nowhere and isn't being taken seriously. Just close it already, geesh.

I'll come back with a better one

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Ooookay. Obviously this thread isn't going nowhere and isn't being taken seriously. Just close it already, geesh.

You do that. Here's a tip: Do some research first.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Yippee! Thanks for the warning! Ah sher well be a-watchin' fer it...

*stands by with handy-dandy substandard-source-shredder*

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Just to set the facts straight or any others that have been watching the fun...

Mr Levi was a Magi (sorcerer)... this is fact... he wrote many books on the subject.
that wasn't a picture of him...
he was only briefly a mason... they didn't like him, and he didn't like them...
he was also a member of (and kicked out of) many other religious groups, including the catholic preisthood... (don't go there eudomonia)

this follows suit of many self titled "mystics" that were experimenting with the occult...
remember folks... occult was like coc aine for awhile during the late 1800's and early 1900's... all the rich hip people tried it...
and Mr Levi was like the coolist drug dealer.

Cug

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

UGH Minya SUCKS! what a way to ruin a Godzilla movie

Cug-- A HUGE B movie fan who buys every rubber monster suit move he sees.

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
Mr Levi was a Magi (sorcerer)... this is fact... he wrote many books on the subject.
that wasn't a picture of him...

Mr Levi.

he was only briefly a mason... they didn't like him, and he didn't like them...

The story is he got his 1st, then proceded to tell all present that he was going to reveal the true meaning of their symbols.. he did.. they laughed... he left. That's Levi's Masonic connection.

he was also a member of (and kicked out of) many other religious groups, including the catholic preisthood...

Actually is still was a priest when he died, he had a full Catholic funeral.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
You know I'm a cynical ***hole by profession as some of you probably know and I try to keep my chiding remarks to a single somewhat thought out plug, but good god that likeness of Minya made me nearly flip off my chair from laughing so hard.

dh

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Whatever the origin of the picture, the conjuration is clearly of the masons' common interdimensional possessor Yota

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
You forgot about the Owl and the Lucifer poster on the wall.

whats important about the owel? and that's not a picture of lucifer that's a picture of Baphomet. Defenatly NOT the same individual.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dh
Whatever the origin of the picture, the conjuration is clearly of the masons' common interdimensional possessor Yota

Looks more Yoda than Yota

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join