It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bruce Lee's death

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I have no ideal which conspiracy section this should go under so I posted here. Anyway, even to this day nobody knows how Bruce Lee really died. There are a couple of conspiracy theories out there about his death, like he was poisoned by other martial artist and stuff like that. And I was wondering how you guys think he died, do you think that there was a conspiracy behind his death? Do you have any theories of your own?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
First of all I would like to say I LOVE Master Bruce Lee and Eveything that he has Gives us.

Now to the Theories:

Bruce Lee's untimely death shook Hong Kong and Martial Arts fans all over the world. The end of his life was considered to be under the strangest of circumstances, and still draws sensationalism and controversy, with a number of theories surrounding his tragic death. Rumours concerning the cause of his death range from Lee being killed by:

1.) triad gangsters because he refused to pay them protection money,

2.) killed by an angry martial artist's Dim Mak (death touch) strike for having angered the martial arts community by revealing ancient secrets to foreigners, to drug use.

3.) Many people also claimed that it was the work of Oni (Japanese for Demons or evil spirits), while others believed he was cursed.

4.) The theory of the "Curse of Bruce Lee" carried over to the equally tragic death of his son, Brandon Lee, who was shot and killed during the filming of The Crow in 1993. Yet, even though none of the mysteries surrounding his death were answered, his death was officially registered as one caused by cerebral edema.

On July 20, 1973, Lee was due to have dinner with former James Bond star George Lazenby, with whom he intended to make a film.

A short time later, Lee complained of a headache, and Ting pei gave him a tablet of analgesic. At around 7:30 pm, he lay down for a nap. After Lee didn't turn up for the dinner, Chow came to the apartment but could not wake up Lee. A doctor was summoned, who spent 10 minutes attempting to revive him before sending him by ambulance to Queen Elizabeth Hospital. However, Lee was dead by the time he reached the hospital. The ensuing autopsy found traces of cannabis. There was no visible external injury; however, his brain had swollen considerably, from 1,400 to 1,575 grams.

Lee was 32 years old.

en.wikipedia.org...

Also you might want to check this link:

www.allbrucelee.com...

I guess to this Day people still don't know what happened to Master Bruce, because the took that Secret to the Grave. What's the REAL Mystery to me is, that the "Curse of Bruce Lee" was moved to his Son, who also Died in a Mysterious Event when making the Movie the Crow.

[edit on 6/8/05 by Souljah]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Great thread. I'm just typing from memory here but I believe the official report was that Lee had an allergic reaction to asprin, which caused fatal swelling of the brain. He died in his sleep.

I am often amazed at the sublime film about Bruce Lee's life called "Dragon", which was directed by Rob Cohen (also directed The Skulls). This film, although it tries to downplay to father-to-son curse mythology that has hounded the family (due to Linda Lee's feelings on the matter), does more to promote that idea, IMO. We see Bruce Lee protecting his son from the Demon, but in the end, both of them were tragically cut down in the prime of life.

I often wonder if he was involved in espionage, because whereas Lee trained James Coburn to play the secret superagent "Flint", it was the sifu himself who could actually have been that type of character.

I think one of the big tragedies of the 1960-1970 era is that we didn't get Bruce Lee and Muhammad Ali together, either in the ring or jawing it up on film. Could you imagine an Ali-Bruce Lee buddy picture?

I think those two men could have changed the world. Ali was taken out politically, Lee was taken out ninja-style. The world sucks. End of story.

Mod Edit: Made a fix by request.

[edit on 7-8-2005 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
smallpeeps,

I have seen that movie "The Dragon" and I remember the Final Scene with the Demon "Oni" and how it Defeated him. Strange indeed.

Interesting Idea about "Ali-Lee Buddy Picture" - that would sure have been a HIT!

Great Idea!

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Bruce lee was one of kind type of man.

He is also a type of person I would help prevent his death, if I had a Time Machine...

The rumor that I have heard is that some of his muscle's artery/vein rupture during training...

[edit on 6-8-2005 by mwen]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I heard that bruce's son was shot while filming a movie. I heard that there was a part in the movie where he was getting shot at and someone slipped a real bullet into the gun that was suppose to have blanks.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I heard that bruce's son was shot while filming a movie

Yep that film was "The Crow" (Brandon Lee)

I find the whole Bruce lee subject very interesting and glad that you brought it up. There are so many theroys out there as to why he died,

But like the film the Dragon it did really make you think...

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
have you seen the movie on bruce lee? He made a movie biography of himself, acted in it, and even acted out his own death date. Then died on that date. There is a scene where he's talking to a prophet and he says that he will die a young age unless he goes into hiding as a recluse for ten years. In the movie he makes. It's wierd, he acts his own death. The idea is he faked his death to live as a recluse and come back when ten years pass. I think he's still out there, and probably got enlightened during his ten years. Why would an enlightened guy come to act in movies? He's prolly living as a hermit in china or something.....

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Bruce Lee use to be one of my models when I was young. Truely an amazing man.

Im seeing conspiracy though.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
1st Bruce Lee was a great man. I loved his "Circle of Iron/Silent Flute".

Some theories i've heard in regards to his death:

He was killed by Far East gangsters who didn't want him prusueing his career in Hollywood. They wanted him to stay in Hong Kong and make bargain based ment potboilers.

He died of a drug overdose, which was then duly covered up. His mistress had given him the drugs, and bringing this out would've been too inconvienent for everyone involved.

"Black Taoist" masters were hired to give him the 'touch of death', either by Hong Kong Mafia, or the Kung Fu community, who didn't like him divulging their secrets. He'd been badly beaten up once, at the orders of the HK Kung Fu community, to try and stop him from teaching non chinese.

Out of interest, the "Black Taosist" are a taosist branch, much like the 'left handed' or tantric Yogi's. They don't accept conventional morality, and will use their knowledge often for personal profit.

A trained Tai Chi practioneer - a master - can control his own chi, and even that of others. He can use this to heal, by restoring and regulating the chi flow in an other person. This is often done through touch ( see "Lightening Jack" in the Blair Bros "Ring of Fire" documentary).

A Black Taoist can use the same knowledge to kill, by disrupting the chi flow. An expert can choose which of the victims organs their going to blow out, and when it will happen, just through how they apply their energy. He can slap the victim on the back, and let him walk away feel'n fine. Then a week later, he'll wake up feeling sick, and before the day is trhough, he's dead. The real masters don't even need to touch you, but can project their ernergy accross a room, or through walls.

[edit on 6-8-2005 by GrandCourtJester]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandCourtJester
A Black Taoist can use the same knowledge to kill, by disrupting the chi flow. An expert can choose which of the victims organs their going to blow out, and when it will happen, just through how they apply their energy. He can slap the victim on the back, and let himj walk away feel'n fine. Then a week later, he'll wake up feeling sick, and before the day is trhough, he's dead. The real masters don't even need to touch you, but can project their ernergy accross a room, or through walls.

Ok, now that's Another Theory I haven't Herd before.

Very Interesting - and I think it's also very possible.

Do you maybe have any links regarding this?

I would be Happy to read more!

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This site might do for a start. It could seem a bit hokey, and it is a mail order site, but I have read a couple of his books, and he is up on some things.

Ashida Kim

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I live in the Seattle area,and I have visited Bruce and Brandon's grave.

Very sad.Just when Brandon was about to explode into a star in his own right,he died a tragic death.

I still smell a rat regarding both of their deaths.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I was always under the impression that Bruce Lee died from a masturbation accident involving the "touch of death." Since it's an embarrassing situation, his death was covered up to protect him and his family's image.

Or maybe my mom just made that story up along with the "you'll go blind if you do it..." stories she told me.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
If my memory serves right, his body was found in house of a famous movie actress with his shirt removed. Indeed with rumors flying all around even in HK, we will never know the real cause of his death.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
I was always under the impression that Bruce Lee died from a masturbation accident involving the "touch of death."

What the hell!!!? Why would he masturbate? he has a wife.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandCourtJester
This site might do for a start. It could seem a bit hokey, and it is a mail order site, but I have read a couple of his books, and he is up on some things.

Ashida Kim

Rather than relying on hearsay and such, please do yourself a favor ... Go to www.bullshido.com and do a search on Ashida Kim. Then read about the clowning that goes on ...

Black Taoists?

Bruce Lee's physician found allergies in the brain...

Poor Bruce. You must have also heard the legend that he was supposed to have faked his death and went to South East Asia to fight the Drug Lords.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I dont think there is a conspiracy here...

apparently he was going to the hospital because he was having terrible headaches so they gave him something like tylenol and he had an allergic reaction to it that put him in a comma. an he later passed away.

you can find this info im most of the books written about him
and even news reports.

Kind Regards,
DigitalGirl

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Brandon Lee - here's the official story.

Upon discovering that they were out of real "blanks", the props department (Daniel Kuttner apparently was the man in question) found live rounds, removed the gunpowder from the cartridges and replaced the bullet tips thereby giving them the "dummy' rounds that were needed for the close-up shots. At some point, one of the tips would unknowingly come loose from the cartridge and lodge itself in the barrel or cylinder of the handgun.

Another actor (Michael Masee, playing the drug dealer) was to fire the pistol at Brandon, from a distance of about 12 feet. Rehearsal went fine. When the cameras were rolling, and the gun was fired, Lee pulled a trigger hidden behind the grocery bag to set off a squib. Upon setting off the squib, Brandon collapsed on the set and death ensued rather quickly.

(At this point I'm curious as to why they didn't just run out and buy blanks - they're not expensive, and they're so readily available).

Now on to Bruce Lee.

Prior to his death, he'd suffered seizures and a non-fatal cerebral edema. His autopsy found marijuana in his stomach and traces of Equagesic (aspirin and meprobamate painkillers); the common theory being he was absurdly allergic to one or all substances (true allergies to marijuana are much less common than allergies to aspirin, and meprobamate is a tranquiliser of sorts).

The probability is that Lee's own unique physiological makeup (at the time of his death his body fat ratio was at the 1-5% range, which is abnormally low) contributed in some way to a fatal reaction to the painkiller or some other medication (perhaps anabolic steroids, for which he tested positive). Then again, he was also under the care of a herbalist, who may have "prescribed" something that didn't quite work as intended; perhaps it was a combination of these factors.

I'm still trying to find a hard copy of his actual autopsy report, and I'll update if I find it (though it would probably only show the toxicology report and list the actual cause of death as cerebral edema).

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
being a bruce lee fan myself , i am often intrigued by his death . it is ironic that bruce lee , who was very proud of how undefeatable he was , was beaten by an allergic reaction - yes i am also writing from memory , but i think it was aspirin - and all the other stories are just publicity . i think there is a moral lesson to be learned here somewhere .....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join