It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bruce Lee's death

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
He was an amazing individual. Tragic, we lost him so early - he contributed so much and would have even more so. His philosophies of Life, Martial Arts and Art in general are unbridled.

The curse aspect is very intresting. Didn't his father die mysteriously as well?

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
Great thread. I'm just typing from memory here but I believe the official report was that Lee had an allergic reaction to asprin, which caused fatal swelling of the brain. He died in his sleep.

I think the official report was that he died from an allergic reaction to Marijuana. Weed killed him. He was found in the hotel room of a relatively famous actress.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I think the official report was that he died from an allergic reaction to Marijuana. Weed killed him. He was found in the hotel room of a relatively famous actress.

Simulacra, weed did not kill Bruce Lee. Come on brother!

He was known to use cannabis in his personal life. I can't remember which book I read this in. In any case, has anyone ever died from allergic reaction to cannabis? Not that I know of. That plant loves humans.

Bruce Lee was an American who returned to the country of his birth --where he would not be accepted, and he did this simply because he liked that country. As a result of his love for America, he changed the youth of this nation. As a result of his willpower, he became a virtual Earthbound god. He accomplished what any of us could accomplish (in our chosen field) if we could simply equal his drive and passion.

It is a testament to America's long-standing racism that Bruce Lee got treated so poorly in Hollywood. Imagine the show "Kung Fu" without that gangly dork Carradine, but with Bruce Lee speaking words of wisdom as a chinese man in 1800's America. Now that would have been a great show.

Killed by weed. Sheesh.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I find it surprising that no one has mentioned the "theory" that Bruce Lee is alive....as with all major stars, there is always the story of the star faking his own death, and going into seclusion. The one regarding Bruce Lee, was written into a book, it had him fighting drug lords in the golden triangle.
The book, references the casket being switched,, while in route from Hong Kong to the US. I can't remember the name of the book though..--See what happens when you get old
--

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Yeah, back when I was into kung-fu my old teacher used to have some opinions on this.

Dim-mak is for real, its the same thing as accupuncture, except using a forceful strike with the thumb to permanently destroy a nerve. If you get the right one, the brain may communicate with the heart incorrecly, causing a heart attack. Kung-fu people are always suspicious of heart attacks!

I didnt know he ate a bunch of weed before he died, thats funny. I saw that Dragon movie too, and it made me wonder if those electodes hed attatch to his body had anything to do with it.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
So was he smoking the weed or eating it?

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra

The autopsy stated cause of death was cerebral edema; marijuana wasn't mentioned anywhere, apparently, outside of it being present in his stomach contents.

It would seem more likely that the allergic reaction (if one were present at all) would be related to either the aspirin in Equigesic or a combination of that medication, steroids (which he was known to take) and/or other substances.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZengZicong

Originally posted by Rasputin13
I was always under the impression that Bruce Lee died from a masturbation accident involving the "touch of death."

What the hell!!!? Why would he masturbate? he has a wife.

Tantric practise. That would explain the death too. Some powerful energies can be unleashed, adn if you don't what you're doing, or are in the hands of an incompent practioner, then "BANG!"

For instance when internationally renowned yoga teacher vishnu Devananda had a stroke at age 65, followers were stunned. "How can an expert hatha yogi have a stroke?" He's supposed to be in the peek of health. Well some of the kundalini practises can do that. You're building up some very powerful energies, in an attempt to 'harness' them.

A sneeze travels at 200 mph., I'm told. If you plug your nose to stop one, then you can cause a stroke. It was Truman Capote who discribed the closest thing to a sneeze as an orgasm.

Devananda

[edit on 7-8-2005 by GrandCourtJester]

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86

Originally posted by GrandCourtJester
This site might do for a start. It could seem a bit hokey, and it is a mail order site, but I have read a couple of his books, and he is up on some things.

Ashida Kim

Rather than relying on hearsay and such, please do yourself a favor ... Go to www.bullshido.com and do a search on Ashida Kim. Then read about the clowning that goes on ...

Black Taoists?

Bruce Lee's physician found allergies in the brain...

Poor Bruce. You must have also heard the legend that he was supposed to have faked his death and went to South East Asia to fight the Drug Lords.

Granted that Ashido Kim has a 'mixed' rep, largely from cashing in on the "Ninja" craze of the late 80's. Having read a couple of his books, though, he does know something. Get "Ninja Mind Control Techs, adn study the mudras pictured. Or the "Energy Directing' exercises.

Also having researched Tai Chi, I've heard of the ability of some masters to influence the energy of another person. Often through touch, but in cases of advanced practioneers, they can project energy across a room, or even through walls, into an intended target. (remember the old joke about going to a party, and staring at the back of some random person's head, 'till they spin around with that look on their face?)

In the PBS documentary "Ring of Fire" by the Blair Bros, and narrated by Richard Gere, many of these 'energy masters' were interviewed. 'Lightening Jack' was one in particualr, who could do some very interesting stunts, altough nothing that could've have been faked.

Ring of Fire

The doc may actually be called "Mystic Fire".

Thanks for the bushido link.

[edit on 7-8-2005 by GrandCourtJester]

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra

Great thread. I'm just typing from memory here but I believe the official report was that Lee had an allergic reaction to asprin, which caused fatal swelling of the brain. He died in his sleep.

Was it maryjane? Here in HK we read from the news saying that he uses steroids, and the paper said he has a very high sex drive.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZengZicong

I was always under the impression that Bruce Lee died from a masturbation accident involving the "touch of death."

What the hell!!!? Why would he masturbate? he has a wife.

You must not be married! You'll find that even when you're married, you're going to masturbate. Especially as time goes on, and your wife starts satisfying you less and less. And then there's the times when she's out of town, or you're out of town and a hooker isn't readily available.

Such a naive young man you are...

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by damefool
Was it maryjane? Here in HK we read from the news saying that he uses steroids, and the paper said he has a very high sex drive.

The official cause of death was cerebral edema.

The likelihood - given available information - is that he suffered a reaction (allergic or otherwise) to the painkiller (Equigesic), steroids or a combination thereof.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Wasn't the original Rasputin a tantric practioner??

[edit on 8-8-2005 by GrandCourtJester]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Last I looked at the Bruce Lee death, he ate hash-laced Brownies at a female movie stars place and went into a coma. Then died of swelling of the brain. That's all I have been able to learn throughout the years. I think he passed away in /77?

Dallas

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   

You must not be married! You'll find that even when you're married, you're going to masturbate. Especially as time goes on, and your wife starts satisfying you less and less. And then there's the times when she's out of town, or you're out of town and a hooker isn't readily available.

Mods, is it possible for you to give a 'too much information thank you' warning?

I think Bruce Lee died from embarrasment because he had to fight Kareem Abdul Jabbar while Jabbar was wearing diapers.

Peace

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower

Now on to Bruce Lee.

Prior to his death, he'd suffered seizures and a non-fatal cerebral edema. His autopsy found marijuana in his stomach and traces of Equagesic (aspirin and meprobamate painkillers); the common theory being he was absurdly allergic to one or all substances (true allergies to marijuana are much less common than allergies to aspirin, and meprobamate is a tranquiliser of sorts).

The probability is that Lee's own unique physiological makeup (at the time of his death his body fat ratio was at the 1-5% range, which is abnormally low) contributed in some way to a fatal reaction to the painkiller or some other medication (perhaps anabolic steroids, for which he tested positive). Then again, he was also under the care of a herbalist, who may have "prescribed" something that didn't quite work as intended; perhaps it was a combination of these factors.

I'm still trying to find a hard copy of his actual autopsy report, and I'll update if I find it (though it would probably only show the toxicology report and list the actual cause of death as cerebral edema).

I have studied this case for many years. That is an excellent analysis.

Lee was rumored to not only having been discussing movie scripts with that Hong Kong actress, but also had an affair with her. Lee liked to carry around a card which he would show to beautiful women. It said: "If you want to sleep with me...smile."

Bruce Lee didn't drink alcohol but he did like to chew hash, which was really foolish.

Furthermore, Lee overtrained. Bone density loss, a low body fat ratio, and being underweight, are all characteristics of overtraining and Lee had all of them when he fell into a coma.

Nausea and headaches are also signs of overtraining

Six months before Lee died he collapsed from exhaustion and went to the hospital. That should have been his wake-up call! After Enter The Dragon was finished, he should have trained much less and gone into seclusion for a while -- avoiding the press, fans, and the dissipating entertainment industry.

So there were various factors which weakened Lee's body. In turn, making him more susceptible to an allergic reaction to the prescription painkiller (to treat a severe headache) that resulted in his death.

We can all learn from the Bruce Lee story and try to avoid repeating his mistakes.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I think Bruce Lee died from embarrasment because he had to fight Kareem Abdul Jabbar while Jabbar was wearing diapers.

??? Kareem wore shorts in that scene, not diapers. Lee wore a jumpsuit.

Paul_Richards: Excellent info. I would love to hear more. Where did you learn that he chewed hash? Also, considering your comments on karma, how would you evaluate Bruce Lee in that regard?

Tinkleflower: I'd be interested to read more about cases of allergic death from cannabis.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I would also be really interested in hearing the karmic theory, where he was in that regard.

I was born in 77 so maybe I am Bruce Lee's incarnate. Sure I might be carrying a little more weight, but I can float like a butterfly and st.... oh, that isn't him...

Anyway I think someone wiht such a low body fat who was underweight, would have ben very suceptible to reactions to certain medications. His bidy would be so tuned it would not really understand what it was recieving maybe, I don't know, this is all speculation.

I don't think it was the Mary Jane though.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Paul_Richard: Excellent info.

Thanks. I added a little more to my previous post.

I would love to hear more. Where did you learn that he chewed hash?

There were seemingly more biographies in bookstores about Bruce Lee twenty years ago than there are today. It was well-known that he liked to chew hash and that he had an aversion to alcoholic beverages. He wouldn't even drink wine.

Also, considering your comments on karma, how would you evaluate Bruce Lee in that regard?

Originally posted by Disaster_Boy
I would also be really interested in hearing the karmic theory, where he was in that regard.

That is an interesting topic to contemplate.

There is the idea of being GOOD and then there is the idea of being GREAT.

Bruce Lee was GREAT to be sure. He was a superb martial artist who had extensive experience in that arena from his former incarnations. Again, we come back to the idea that Genius Is Simply Experience.

I remember seeing a clip of Bruce Lee on a Hong Kong television show. They kept pressuring him to break a board or two which he refused to do. Finally he agreed and kicked with his bare foot. The wood not only broke apart but shattered into little pieces like it was hit by a small explosive.

Lee's students would occasionally hold a big kicking shield for him to strike. When he did his slide side kick (the same Jeet Kune Do technique that he did to Bob Wall's character -- which knocked him down -- in Enter The Dragon), his students would remark that it was like getting hit by a car. Lee's side kick could down a two-hundred pound man

When they first started to film Bruce Lee doing martial arts in movies, especially the scenes when he was fighting multiple opponents, they had to add more film frames per second because the camera couldn't capture all his punches and kicks because he simply moved too fast.

That's frightening and hilarious at the same time.

Brandon Lee said that he never saw a martial artist that was faster than his father.

However, Bruce Lee was not GOOD. He admitted on a television interview that he was no saint. He was known to have an explosive temper, a huge ego, and was highly competitive. Furthermore, he was also known to venture onto the streets of Hong Kong and test out new techniques on whomever (street thugs perhaps?) to rate their effectiveness. I remember seeing a documentary that mentioned that point from someone who knew him.

In the overall sense, the GREAT ONES inspire us but it is the GOOD ONES that find the most long-term contentment after bodily death, that manage to avoid joining a Group Entity and abusing one or more innocents, and survive themselves in The Light so that they can eventually return to the flesh again.

Being GOOD doesn't bring quick glory like being GREAT does, but it does lead to much more happiness in the long run.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Tinkleflower: I'd be interested to read more about cases of allergic death from cannabis.

That was perhaps my point
: to date, there hasn't been a single verified report of death via allergic reaction to marijuana.

It's rare to even have a reaction; most "allergic reactions" which are reported (which are few, as it's an illegal substance and probably the last thing you want to report) would probably fall under the usual side effects or effects of marijuana, or possibly as a result of a contaminant, although there have been anecdotal reports of obvious histamine reactions amongst a few individuals when exposed to either the vegetable matter itself (ie, rubbed on the skin), or the smoked material.

But, human physiology being what it is, it wouldn't be completely impossible for an unfortunate individual to develop a life-threatening reaction, even going as far as anaphylaxis and death. I'm just not aware of it being noted in any medical journal as of yet.

With Lee's death, if marijuana was implicated at all, it would have been in combination with other substances.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join