It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 Commercials That Are Ruining America!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Guys are probably gonna hate me for this, but one of the latest "Girls Gone Wild" commercials. It starts off with a guy going "Have you ever dreamed of having your own island, full of hot young women battling each other for your viewing pelasure?". Pfft, no! What the Hell. That's a pretty damned specific dream to be applying it to everyone watching the commercial. Maybe I've fantasized about having an island. I've probably fantasized about hot women...not necessarily battling... They merge 3 specific fantasies into one and expect everyone watching the commercial to be like "Hell yeah I have!" Stupid!

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Commercials for anything to do with news. They try to make the news sound so exicting when it's not. I don't care if CHopper 3 was the first one on the scene of the Chopper 3 helicopter crash, it's news.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
Another commercial I hate is that horrid money grabbing scheme. The testifyers say "I thought It was another one of those get rich quick schemes, but guess what, I did" "I never thought I would be making 50,000$ a month but I am!". Ive seen better acting in the Elementary School Play.

Yes, that commercial is top of the line God awful!!! It's not just the poorly acted-out testimonials but it's the guy that's kind of the host of the commercial. You know the one with that look on his face like he's trying to lure some 5 y/o girl in to his car. That has got to be the strangest look I've ever seen on a human being. Does anyone know what the name of the business that runs that commercial? I have to download a picture of that freak.

Peace

[edit on 22-8-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
Guys are probably gonna hate me for this, but one of the latest "Girls Gone Wild" commercials. It starts off with a guy going "Have you ever dreamed of having your own island, full of hot young women battling each other for your viewing pelasure?".

Those are usually on very late at night when I am half awake half asleep.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Like every commercial break late ngiths on comedy central... makes me wanna kill....

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I HATE that Allstate Insurance commercial that has that crash in it. If that woulda been me drivin' that brand new car that got wrecked, I'd be knockin' some heads in! That sum ***** had the bawlsto pull in front of me like that. I say it's time that guy got a little "talking" to.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The one that pisses me off is the Nu-Finish car polish ad.

It's telling me that in the Arizona desert it gets to 42 degrees C.

So what! When I lived in the central Australian desert it hit 50 degrees on Christmas Day. 42 degrees is what we get in Adelaide in summer, you can cook eggs on the concrete footpath, my parents used to put their bread dough in the back window of the car to bake their bread, let's see your polish live through that!

The Pepsi ads in Australia have always been pathetic.

Let's see what happens when we replace MC Hammer's Pepsi with Coke...

Like I care, I hated his song anyway.

Pepsi have always gone the cheap route of slagging off Coke in Oz.

Coke, however, discovered Elle McPherson! And they did the sky-surfing/snowboarding ads and a whole bunch of others that in no way mentioned the competition.

edit: sp

[edit on 23-8-2005 by HowlrunnerIV]

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
The one that pisses me off is the Nu-Finish car polish ad.

It's telling me that in the Arizona desert it gets to 42 degrees C.

So what! When I lived in the central Austrlains desert it hit 50 degrees on Christmas Day. 42 degrees is what we get in Adelaide in summer, you can cook eggs on the concrete footpath, my parents used to put their bread dough in the back window of the car to bake their bread, let's see your polish live through that!

I live in Arizona, and that commercial is a lie! It gets much hotter! hahha. I think the average temp for the summer where I live is 46-47 celcius. I think the record is like 125F or something. Hell, let's see the polish stand up to Saudi Arabia's heat...

And hey, this is 100 commercials that are ruining America!!!

I'm just kidding, we could extend it to commercials ruining the world if you'd like...

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
The reason I hate this ad so much is that aside from ice and snow, the weather in Australia is more extreme than in the US, so why not advertise your polish as being perfect for conditions in Oz. Why be so bloody cheap as to import an ad from America?

I assume it's the case in the States, but the worst (definitely not the best) of the worst ads always come from regional television.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Public Service Annoucements!! aka PSA's

I HATE "The More You Know" series and "One to Grow on"
See a bunch of them HERE www.retrojunk.com...

The one I vaguely remember and HATE the most and it indeed ruining America is one of "The More you Know" Were some C-List actor saying "You really gotta know how to do it!" That one drives me up the wall.

"The Right To Say No" PSA, Debuted in 1985 and stayed on Local L.A. channels for about a decade. Even after the guy performing the song was busted on Cocaine possession. Guess, he said yes...
"Gettin' into Drugs and Being high is a stupid thing to do/Be and original and take a stand, you're free to say No! You got the ri-hi-hi-heee-ight to say no!"
Look at this Commericial Over and Over again!
www.retrojunk.com...

Concept reminds me of the Army or Navy Recruiting commericials..
"Drug Free World"
www.retrojunk.com...

Another one.. I HATE!!!!!!!! I HATE YOU G-LOVE!!
www.cokezero.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Informercials:
Typical guy: 'Oh my god I'm just so excited'
Blonde with boobies: 'Why Bob'
Back to typical guy pushing product: 'Because I'm about to tell the people out there how to make loads of cash in four easy steps and if you stay tuned you to can make loads of cash!'
Then for the next 40 minutes as you flip through commercials there is nothing but testimonials, fancy graphics, girls in bikinis, yachts, etc...But they never discuss the damn idea. I mean, is really that great that even people with the IQ of a toaster can make 'loads of cash'?

How bout the one that says its flashlight is powered by the secret formula of Fereday or what not? What a load of garabage. "It can be seen up to a mile away!" So? Can the the ground more than 5 feet in front of you without having to 'reshake' the damn thing? 'No batteries'! What a joke.

My favorite: The drink responsibly commercials brought to you by famous celeb and then enters the graphic of the liquor/beer corps logo at the end to tell you how it is so 'Smooth, fresh, taste, crisp, clean, refreshing, no carb, one carb....

I hate the damn IT commercials with the guys getting coffee: "We need to expand, more room more profit." "Yeah, but how do we make room" "Blades" "Blades?" Yeah idiot, don't act like you don't knwo what they are. The new one right now concerning biometrics is particularly annoying. Most of these commercials act as if we don't know anything. "Drinking and driving is against the law"

"I helped blow up a cafe in Bogata" "I murdered a family in Guyana" "I slaughtered three families in Medillen" "Drugs fund terrorism" What? LMAO, that commercial from about two years ago still pisses me off. No, congressmen unwilling to repeal drug legislation kill these people if anyone besides those giving orders and pulling the trigger.

time for me to stop...

[edit on 25-8-2005 by Frosty]

[edit on 25-8-2005 by Frosty]

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I believe anyone that has seen the following will agree its possibly the most annoying commercial ever devised.

Im not sure its played in the United States, but for sure in Canada.

Its for KFC chicken, it goes something like this.

Woman is walking down a sidewalk, spots a fall leaf on the ground and screams her head off for about 5 seconds.

It then says something like summer wont last forever, eat our crap etc...

The bad part is its played MULTIPLE times during a break.

Ugh so annoying.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I don't want to hear your political banter rants nor raves about this damn Commericial...

Cindy Sheehan's PSA! Cindy Sheehan talking into the camera about something or other. No make-up. Boring reading. "SHE IS NOT READY FOR HER CLOSE-UP! MR. De MILLE" is what I feel like screaming at the TV.

[edit on 25-8-2005 by Godzilla1985]

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The car commercial with that woman that's doing all of her dancing contortions to the music in her seat. God I hated that commercial. 'Hated' being the operative word because I don't think they run it anymore.

Those Red Stripe commercials are starting to get a little annoying as well.

Peace

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Some twat who's running for govoner (Republican, so he doesn't stand a chance in this state) of Illinios. Problem is I'm quite certain elections aren't till next year, but he's already running his commercials. Like a typical politician he just says how Blagojevich is a failure, but fails to cite why the current govener is a failure. He also fails to tell what he'll do about it, so apparently his train of thought suggests, no plan is better than his plan.

Like any political commercial, it annoys me to no end.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Another vote for that little kid in the shopping cart - 'I don't liiiiiiike chicken'. 'I don't thiiiink I liiiiiiiiike waffles'. OK folks: THIS KID IS EXACTLY WHY ABORTION MUST REMAIN LEGAL. I hate that damned kid. (All you Pro Life peeps: Just remember---YOU could wind up with a rotten awful kid like this!!!!! Just remember this kid: That ought to turn you Pro Choice!!!!)

Others: That 'Avlimil' sex pill for women. Its faded away, thankfully. Hated that one so much I was thinking of calling up their 800 phone # and pestering the operators just for laughs. It is really, really stupid: Woman says: 'Between work, the kids, and cleaning, I was just too tired.' Then this other woman, in a quasi brit accent says: ' I'd heahd aboout AvLaaaahMil. Thaht it was safe and natchrul'. Gag me, gag me, gag me. I hope their frigging company went out of business. (BTW-these 'herbal sex pills' cost $100 per month. For that kind of money I'd go for drugs that I knew would give me a buzz. Or beer!!!!!)

Here in Chi we have the 'Buy Owner' Real Estate ads constantly. I hate these so much, they are on constantly. And-during breaks-there is ALWAYS at least 2 of them shown!

Most of all I hate that Punk Rock Chicken Fingers commercial. I recently broke up with a punk musician and I am so glad that I did. If they're using punk musicians in Chicken commercials...... Guess what? Punk is now officially a CLICHE! If I were a punk musician, after seeing these commercials, I'd switch to doing Frank Sinatra and Lawrence Welk covers. Seriously.

(I have a garbage eating friend who actually likes these chicken things though. He's all excited that the container fits in the car's cup-holder. OK.)

I am starting to hate TV so much that I am going to get rid of cable, maybe TV entirely. I usually don't watch ads, mute the sound and wait for show to come back on.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I really can't stand those damn hotlinks commercial, or any other "phone dating service". They always show these really hot women talking to people... Do you really think girls like THAT will need a telephone dating service!?

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I just saw a new commercial. You probably havent seen it yet but this was a stinker.
The commercial starts in a department store.
A girl walks out of the dressing room and looks in the mirror wearing a pink skirt and a small shirt. The male clerk then starts yelling "Ewe! Your going to wear that?!?!? Thats disgusting it makes you look fat! Ug!" Then the girl walks back into the dressing room and bitter voiceover lady comes on and says "Its not right for him to do it. Its not right for your partner."
I dont know what that means but I thought the clerk was doing her a favor. Because she really did look fat in it and she would have been embarassed if she went outside
Then Bitter voice over lady says "Visit mysistersplace.org"
This is just like my thread Doctor Offends Obese Woman

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
All these are horrible commercials. i also hate all those phone commercials with the hot girls. They wouldn't need that!!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
That PSP commercial were the one guy is just walking down the street dancing to some song made popular by MTV. That commercial did nothing but show some "cool" guy with a PSP. I find it sad that instead of actually showing what it does, they just made it look "cool". I'm guessing from the marketing, PSP was never made to be a real gaming machine.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join