It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 Commercials That Are Ruining America!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Not just TV commecials, radio commecials can be quite bad. When you ever listen to talk shows, commercials run for like 5-10 minutes. I fall asleep listening to them late at night.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldEagle
Not just TV commecials, radio commecials can be quite bad. When you ever listen to talk shows, commercials run for like 5-10 minutes. I fall asleep listening to them late at night.

lol Radio commercials.. Who listens to radio commercials. Usually you would just switch stations. There are like a lot of radio stations to chose from.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Another commecial that's annoying is the Ionic Breeze Quadra ad. That commercial runs for 5 minutes strait. And the first part of the commercial is repeated twice!

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I HATE THE VYTORIN COMMERICIALS!!!!!!!!!!!

www.vytorin.com...

The ones with that aweful music and elderly people compare to food, and they look/dress simular to the food.

Radio:
The ENCHANTED ATTIC

I rant about this one, because it will not go away!

"Come to the Enchanted Attic, Come to the Enchanted Attic, I love this Store! I Love this Store!" They repeat it like 50 TIMES!!
Because of this Commericial I WILL NEVER STEP FOOT IN THE ENCHANTED ATTIC!!!

The Second Commericial, I imagine a fat dull 20-something gothic woman is reading this with funeral procession music playing in the background..
"Come to the Enchanted Attic; Featuring unique silver and gemstone jewelry, soothing music, gurgling fountains, wind chimes, suncatchers, candles, sarongs, incense, metaphysical and inspirational books to help you on your spiritual path. "
www.mainstreetstcharles.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Brr ding ding ding da da ding braahhhh bing bing Brr ding ding ding
ding ding wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
That new mitsubishi adrenaline days commercial where all they do is yell is annoying as hell.

I hope it gets banished. Really annoying when you hear the same screaming commercial a few times in a set.

If anything, I never want to see anything mitsubishi again. Way to go on that marketing.

[edit on 16-9-2005 by Dulcimer]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
OK I don't watch TV but the other day I went to BK and on their menu was Chicken fries "sweeeeeeeeeeeet" I thought. Drive in shows a big picture of them. A cardboard box full of fry things made of chicken.
So I order it.
I counted all of em in that box. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
NINE wtf! nine chicken fry things for 2 bucks!
I went in and showed them " oh sorry sir but thats ust a picture you only get nine"
friggen garble
I woofed them down with my "dubblewhopper"
needless to say I was very upset never again I said
then today I found this thread about commercials with chicken fries
Wish I saw this first

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It's about the Captain Morgan commercials. It used to be that, no one knew what Jaegermeister or Cap'n were. And I enjoyed that. It sucks to see things get so commercial.

"everybody's got a little captn in them."

I know others have mentioned it on this thread, where people have their leg up on imaginary casks of invisible rum.

What kills me is the line "Even your best friend's mom has 'got a little captain in her.'

What, is that supposed to be my secret name for my penis????

Am I hoping to get Kevin's mom drunk so I can "get the little cap'n" IN her?

Maybe I'm nuts. I don't know. The doctor says the pills really were helping me. But I can think more clearly without them.

Now understand me.

I went to college with a bunch of FREAKS who had turned captain Morgan's Spiced Rum into a sort of Secret Society Cult.

Basically, You had to memorize the back of the bottle, but you could only do it with a full bottle in your hand. If you made a mistake, you had to take a big slug off the (quart) bottle. Rinse and repeat till you get it RIGHT, sailor! Then, at about 4 a.m. when you are so drunk your actually hallucinating, someone starts spouting off on how Captain Morgan was actually the rogue freemason who published the masonic secrets and was murdered. That drunk gets shouted down by others who say they were two different Captain Morgans. And somone else says the mason-betrayer took that name in honor of the pirate, who had two female officers on his ship that he raised as masons and made his junior and senior wardens, and that the real reason the Brits were after him was not because he was a privateer, but because he was a clandestine co-mason. . . .

Every couple of years, about 8 a.m. on new year's day, I get a slurred phone call from one of my college buds:

"Captain Morgan favored the spicy life, and a glass of his favorite spiced rum. Born to wealthy welsh parents, Captain Morgan left the comfortable life for one which proved far more satisfying: that of a buccaneer on the Spanish Main. His feats were many, his exploits endless, and his thirst . . . legendary.

Now those of you who enjoy a great rum can savor a glorious rum. Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum. The original spiced rum. Discover how captain morgan's spiced rum makes all of your rum drinks taste even better.

Spice rum pina colada. Mix 1 1/4 oz. coconut milk . . ."

(They usually go further, I never made it beyond the rank of bosun's mate.)

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

What kills me is the line "Even your best friend's mom has 'got a little captain in her.'

What, is that supposed to be my secret name for my penis????

Am I hoping to get Kevin's mom drunk so I can "get the little cap'n" IN her?

Funniest-thing-ever!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
*For fat people, use diet Coke!*

NO, NO, NO!

Don't drink or eat anything with "Aspartame" in it...it's a chemical poison that builds up in the body and causes brain tumours and nasty things like that!

Causes a Methanol buildup that cannot be metabolised by the body. A bit like Formaldahyde, why do you think it's used as embalming fluid? A "sweet" way to die....not!

Diet Pepsi Ingredients on Wikipedia.
Diet Coke Ingredients on Wikipedia.

Link to an ATS thread Here
and Here.

Another Evil put into the world by Mr Donald Rumsfelt for profit and gain!

Be safe people, be smart, drink something HEALTHY instead.

[edit on 17/12/2008 by nerbot]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join