It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets see how tough the F-15 is

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Check it out:

An Israeli F-15 had a midair collision. The F-15 is able to fly with one wing ripped off. Very impressive.

M6D

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
woooahh...i didnt think that was physically possible! damn, that IS impressive!

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I've also heard tale that the Israelis used either a F-15 or a F-16 to knock over a power pole once
. Anyone got a link to what i'm talking about?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Nice... Tht is incredible...

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I've heard about it flying with one wing as a rumor, I had no idea it was actually possible. Now that is one very impressive aircraft. I wonder if the F-22 will have similar capability.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
An Israeli F-15 had a midair collision. The F-15 is able to fly with one wing ripped off. Very impressive.

Still had pitch, yaw, some roll control. No fire, probably most of his systems, both engines and maybe as much as 2/3rds of his total lift. Crazy ass Israeli....;-) Thanks.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I've seen this posted several times before on here and it still impresses the hell out of me every time!

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Out of missiles, guns empty..... RAMMING SPEED!!!!

That is one of the most impressive things that I have ever seen a picture of since the one of the F-4 Phantom with one of its wings folded in flight.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I remember that F-15 story. Amazing. Of course there are many stories of A-10s coming back with chunks missing, but that's what it was built to do. So, how about an F-18 catching one in the tail feathers?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
does nobody else find the photo of the pilot and navigator with the hairy chest exposed unnessecary..

full story

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klepto
does nobody else find the photo of the pilot and navigator with the hairy chest exposed unnessecary..

Ever wear a flight suit in 100 degree heat? Look at them sweat. You would have the zipper down too. We used to take our arms out of ours and tie the sleeves around our waist. Of course we had to wear t-shirts under ours.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Wow thats impressive indeed.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I'd be sweating buckets after that!

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Wow, that stuff makes you wonder, just like the A-10 surviving wings ripped off and such.

the F/A-22 will more than likely crash since it's inherrently an unstable design, correct me if i'm wrong.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Yes the F/A-22 is an unstable design without FBW, but it also has computes up the kazoo to help it fly. So if its wing is ripped if will these impressive computes be able to compensate and keep it flying and allow it to land or will it just plummet?

And I have seen the story about that F-15 on the History Channel and some engineers credit the F-15’s wide body that allowed it to remain stable.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
oh crap! i never thought that was possible!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
jetsetter....
That isn't an F-15....thats an A-10 Warthog disguised as an F-15.

Amazing, I had seen pictures of this before but was unaware of the story behind it. Thanks.

seekerof

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I know somebody who flew A-10's then F-15's. He told me that in the A-10, the standard procedure for one engine failure was to go to full military power, drop all ordinance and try to get onto the ground. When he went to F-15's, the procedure was a lot simpler . . . When you lose one engine, climb and investigate.
The Eagle is an amazing bit of work.

Thanks for posting these pics, I would not have thought it possible. Appreciated!

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I will never saw a bad thing about the F-15 again

It's sexy, durable, and yummy.

I wonder if any Ruski aircraft can do this...

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I believe that the F/A-22 Raptor, in the rare case that it looses a wing and remains airborne, will just crash and burn. I highly doubt that even as advanced the FBW is, it still won't be enough to save such an unstable design.

But yea, the F-15 is a very impressive aircraft, it suprised me when I first saw this.

Shattered OUT...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join