It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Numbers and their significance

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Today I got my first sale. Perhaps it was a sign of good things?

Troy

[edit on 30-11-2006 by cybertroy]

[edit on 30-11-2006 by cybertroy]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Maybe you know that card game where you play 2 vs 2.. in spanish it's called "cuarto cuadrado". Anyway.. The goal is to get 4 of the same cards in your hand.. whereas you have some secret special sign with your teammate to inform him as soon you have the 4 cards together.

Anyway we were playing that game occasionally @ a friend when i still lived at the canary islands as a very young lad.

So i also had one of those ugly casio watches with calculator etc.

We all knew it was quite a special date.. it was the 12th december.. and i dont remember the year.

But when we were playing ... At some stage I got 4 cards given out (Which are normally mixed before every game).. and then i had 4x a 12 on the first strike.. i gave my mate the sign and we won that round. When i watched on my watch it was exactly the 12-12-XXXX 12:12h. So i had my digital watch full of 12es and a hand full of 12es. Pretty scary #..

It was really astonishing.

I therefore say: The 3rd world war or economical collapse is probably going to start the 12th of December 2006.

And as another topic; My dad is alot into "Khabbala" or however you write that stuff. Some technique refered to as "numberology" where you calculate relations and deeper meanings between words or names, and numbers. Maybe someone is into this stuff and can tell more about it.

[edit on 30-11-2006 by osram]

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
That's a pretty cool story.

I was just noticed 12:12 a little over an hour ago on the clock.

Troy

[edit on 1-12-2006 by cybertroy]

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
It has been a while since I posted here last time. Then on this thread I expressed my views against any paranormal meanings of numbers (it was 3 or so pages back, in case you would like to check). In general, I believe it is the topic of psychology and not meta-something that you should consider.

Well today while checking the material for my studies I accidentally found out about a thing called confirmation bias. The related topic that could be of interest - Pygmalion effect. These theories can be applied in lots of fields, so search for more articles on the web if interested.

By this post I address those who are not as narrow-minded as some of the authors of the recent posts. If you're willing to learn about alternatives, go and do some reading instead of fantasizing

[edit on 10/12/2006 by The Conspiracy Follower]

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this counts or not, but things always seem to happen in pairs to me or rather in 2's. For instance the door bell will ring and then the phone will ring simulataneously. Or I will stub my foot and then my clock alarm will go off. Or I will turn off the radio off right as my toast pops up from the toaster. The list goes on on and on. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by greydawn
I'm not sure if this counts or not, but things always seem to happen in pairs to me or rather in 2's. For instance the door bell will ring and then the phone will ring simulataneously. Or I will stub my foot and then my clock alarm will go off. Or I will turn off the radio off right as my toast pops up from the toaster. The list goes on on and on. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Yeah, most of the people on this planet whose households have any of the electrical appliances you referred to experience the same things

You seem not to be reading what others write, do you? The answer to your question can be derived from my post above - you just don't want to notice the occasions when things don't happen in pairs. Can you honestly assure us that your phone always rings together with the door bell? If it does then the guy who installed electricity in your apartment should be fired...

Well, heck, I don't think I will change your mind on this, at least I tried
You believe what you want to believe.. if I told ya that "bad things happen in three", as the guy from Lucky Number Slevin said, would you start believing that?

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I guess that I should rephrase my post. Things do not always happen to me in pairs, but do happen in pairs frequently enough that it is unusual to me. I understand that I notice when things happen in pairs, and probaly don't notice when they don't. Seriously though, things happen to me in pairs at least four times a week and I think that is interesting in itself, at least to me.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I find the word "interesting" to be quite important in your last post. What it takes for something to be described as interesting? Is being less common, less expected to happen enough? You believe that simultaneous occurance of some events is not a very likely outcome. What if I told you that statistically it is even more unlikely for things to always happen separately?

Here's a short story of how perception of likelihood can be different from what actually happens. I remember reading of some lecturer who asked his students to do a home assignment - to roll the dice for 100 times and note the outcomes. Students had a choice to either really roll the dice or rather cheat and just randomly write down the values. The next day this lecturer was able to identify cheaters surprisingly accurately. Wonder why? The answer is pretty simple. Students thought that it's very improbable for the same value to occur 6 or more times in a row and this is how this lecturer recognized cheaters. Statistically in such a sample some value will almost certainly appear for 6 or more times in a row

Conclusion? Ok... the story shows that the identified cheaters would perceive longer sequences of some value as unlikely and, hence, more interesting. However, actually the more interesting would be the cases when no such sequences appear

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
That's a good story, I to have read of it, although I can't remember where?
Whenever there is a football or baseball game, I always bet for fun on the underdog, and I'm right about 60% of the time. Its always funny to see a friend's face when they lose. They are always baffled when the underdog wins. I have limited knowledge of baseball players and football players, I usually don't know which team is better, I just go with the underdog and this seems to work more often than not for me, I'm sure others have had differnet experiences.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Well It's twelve twelve today so let's see what happens with our economic situation once inflation hits the market after the christmas season. muahahahahaha, I'm betting that there's gonna be a lotta happy credit card companies and a lot of poor working parents. only difference is that there will be more than usual and north american economy is probably gonna be helped out by the asian economic machine.

Let's see...........

(totally mindless rant about somebodys previous post. ) not actually the opinion of anyone.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Is it possible that the reason so many numbers have some sort of signifigance is because people attach it to them?

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
^^ I was thinking the same thing as I always wake up or look at the clock at 7:11 (I was born july 11) and the infamous 11:11. While there may be some mystical meaning behind these numbers, it might be something as simple as our internal clocks and patters as stated before.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hey everyone,
I am only 16 and i have already witnesses some of the strangest phenomena in my life. For me the number 13 means everything. For some examples

1. 13 is in my school ID
2. 13 is in my licence
3. 13 is on a jersey given to me
4. 13 is my girlfriends birthday (makes it easy to remember)
5. 12.13 was when i was born

Is 13 a significant number in my life or is it just my own superstition. I have always considered it my lucky number.

On a seperate topic i suffer from insane deja vu. What i mean by this is i see everyday before it happens. Gets annoying when you know whats going to happen and you can't change it. But the most scariest moment of deja-vu i have had was when my best friend died on a 4 wheel motorbike, i saw his death in every little detail the day before and thought it was just a dream, the next day the accident occured. That was last year and i am still having deja vu of accidents and other events of all over the world before they happen. Am i a psychic or something? Back to 13 as most people know 13 is considered an unlucky number for most, all though everything in my life revolves around 13 it still seems lucky to me.

Can anyone give feedback on what is going on?

Cedwa

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a freind of mine gets the bus at exactly 8:22 every morning and usually the busses here are very unreliable especially the 49 route that he gets?

he has the tickets aswell about 12 of them all saying 8:22 this started around october last year and he is getting freaked out over it.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Mister i love thirteen, you may be psychic, i'm not holding my breath however as there are numerous reasons that angle could be null.
13 may be your lucky number, who knows maybe your judas's reincarnation for all we know.

As for the significance of the numbers being a personal attachment that may be but what is the title of the thread?

I remind you also that others have covered that angle and it's in the thread, anything positive or a more detailed question into why these things are significant to us would be appreciated,

My reason for posting this time however is simply to do with a personal ideal.
I have been told this is my destiny year, something will happen to me this year that will forever change my life apparently. Ironically it's 2007,
add that and it becomes nine (numerologically). 9 is my numerology number.

I don't know what signicance this is either but i'm seeing 12:34 quite a lot, and on more than just the clock quite often i'll end up with a receipt for 12.34 , or a delivery order , score for a game so on and so forth.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
2007 is nine.

Nine is 333.

Its my year.

It is the season of the witch.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
yea just this morning, i woke up at exactly 1:23 am so i would like to call it just luck, because ive never seen numbers like that, then to freak me out more in the morning, i was brushing my teeth and i said to myself that ehhh its probably 7:06 and when i was done and looked at the clock i was shocked!.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Magickesists i was more interested in numerology and it's significance in life. Though you raised a valid point, if you don't mind me asking who were you informed by that 2007 was your destiny year?

I made a vague attempt at looking into numerology but failed miserably due to fatigue. Would someone please explain the basic concept and how it reflects back to everyday life?

Cedwa

p.s who is Judas?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
In russian there's a saying, I don't remember it exactly, but it's something about how if something happens twice, it's bound to happen a third time.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Executive Order 11,110

1111 again

Assassination of JFK followed. Wow I never knew they assassinated JFK because he wanted to have america print its own money and put the federal reserve out of business.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join