It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AK-47 101: Sign up now at a Mosque near you, seats are still available!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   

bsbray11, you are lost, and you dont even know it.

I would appreciate it if you kept statements such as this to yourself.

You speak of preaching hate, but what is teaching how to fire automatic weapons at a place of worship? Love?

Why, is that what I just claimed?

Even if at just one mosque, who is responsible for that? Muslims are.

No. Only the Muslims that are directly responsible for the training are responsible. Muslims as a whole are no more responsible than mankind as a whole.

Would you accept responsibility for things that others of similar belief as yourself do? Even if you are unreligious, so are millions of other people, and if they go out and kill others is that similarly your responsibility? Should we discriminate against you and take away your rights, and post topic after topic on an internet forum about how people like you are bad for the world and needed to be bombed out of house and home, moms, dads, sons and daughters and all?

If such acts are not your responsibility, then you should not blame all Muslims for something one group does. Personally, I would rather see these things be dealt with individually anyway.

Even though the vast majority of Muslims dont share the extremists views, they are in a way responsible for it. Only they can police it and teach thier kids tolerance of other faiths and beliefs.

Think about this statement. You have just stereotyped every single Muslim as not teaching their children to be tolerant, as if all Muslim children hate us and it is therefore the fault of every Muslim. This is not at all the case. It seems to me as if only a few are not practicing such intolerance, and that is the responsibility of those few.

And laslty: You blame the West for terrorism, but you overlook the fact that extremist Muslims have existed for over a thousand years before the USA was but a dream.

That's interesting, because I have never known of our forefathers having to deal with suicidal Muslims. In fact, I don't think it was a problem with our country at all until after WW2 when we created and began arming Israel. You ever learn about this event? It's of quite a bit of importance to Mid-East politics.

Its not hate to be concerned of the teaching of firearms in places of worship, but it is to assume extremist Muslims are the fault of the West.

How is it hateful to believe that we are in part at fault here? Are you suggesting that we are so much better than Muslims, that we have not done anything wrong in the past few decades, and that it is hateful to suggest otherwise? Do you believe that everything we have done to the Mid-Eastern countries has been fair and just and that they have no reason to be angry at the West?

[edit on 3-8-2005 by bsbray11]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Even if at just one mosque, who is responsible for that? Muslims are. Does that mean we should hate all Muslims? Of course not, I certainly dont. But its up to Muslims to make sure this kind of thing doesnt happen in their own places of representation. Period. I cant control whats going on in there, only the followers of Islam can.

Great, then I proclaim all Christians guilty of the alter boy abuse. All whites guilty of racial abuse. And of course you personally because a guy named Skippy once egged my house. All using your generalization logic of course.

What a crock of you-know-what....

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I think people are trying to say that if the normal law abiding muslims, who want nothing to do with the extremists, helped them selves a bit by actively seeking out these people among their community, then we'd be alot better off.

Why cant they do this? what barriers are in their way? they do their image no favours what so ever by NOT doing this, all i see on TV are muslims complaining that they get a rough deal from everyone even though because they were born here they are as british as the next person, yet when confronted with the opportunity to assist "their country" by turning over extremists they turn a blind eye
which is it????? are they patriotic brits who just follow a different religion? or are they just using our counrty for its benefits and couldnt care less about shopping would be bombers?

When i speak to people this is the problem 99% of them speak of, their lack of self policing. they wont let us do it cause then we're being "racist" yet they cant do it them selves, catch 22, how do we fix it???

Cant speak for the US situation as i dont know how it is over there.

[edit on 3-8-2005 by Ernold Same]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   

OMG!!! A comment on the topic!! HOLY CR*P!!! Ill ignore you didnt actually make it yourself and you just agree'd with somebody else's, but wow!! How unlike you.

Wow, point whore noted.

*slaps head*

skippy admits in another thread that he isn't what he portrays here, looks at his history and I deduce 1 of 2 things, either a point whore or an attention one.

Both are unacceptable.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I propose a 'War on Idiocy' all those who actually believe that the alleged incident is representative of the muslim nation as a whole (you know who you are Mr.) be given an AK47 to go play Russian Roulette with...god-knows, you probably have the brains (or lack of them) to think you'd win...even at the shallow-end of the gene-pool you'd still need armbands

[edit on 3-8-2005 by timski]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I propose a 'War on Idiocy'

I was just about to suggest something of that nature in my last post, but decided that killing stupid people would be hypocritical, and we'd just end up killing ourselves.

There's no doubt in my mind though that idiocy really is what is fueling this whole "war on terror" - on both sides.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I'm quite prepared to equip myself with a full body-belt of party-poppers and show these idiots that you can have a laugh and STILL get your point across....let's put the FUN back into FUNdamentalism

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Need training in the "weapon of peace", the AK-47? No worries, just head to your local mosque, they will be happy to help...

Well well well, gun training through your mosque. Yup, alot of tolerance and love being preached there...

Maybe the government needs to post police at the mosques 24/7 as observers, it seems like thats where the trouble starts...

Nah Islam is a religion of peace Yeah right!

[edit on 4-8-2005 by avro]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
correct me if i'm wrong but i thought the motto of this site was "Deny Ignorance"...nuff said

[edit on 4-8-2005 by timski]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join