It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: Another step for Global War, Floating Missile Defense Radar Completed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

I wonder How Many HUNGRY Children would the Money dedicated for this "Project" Feed?

Probably ALOT!

But HEY - America Needs new Defence Radar System!

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
How much money could be spent feeding hungry children, instead of rebuilding the cities hit by nukes we didn't see coming, and couldn't stop?

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
How much money could be spent feeding hungry children, instead of rebuilding the cities hit by nukes we didn't see coming, and couldn't stop?

What "INCOMING NUKES"?

Do You see Them Coming?

A bit Paranoid?

On the Other side, I see an Entire Continent that could use some help, but instead you are serving Bad Hollywood Movies worth Millions and Super New Radar Systems, designed for World War III.

Military dont give a Funk about Anybody but Themselves and their Stewpid WarGames that have not ended since the World War II.

Maybe NASA Could use some of that Money too, since the Space Shuttle Program is a Bit Old and Rusty and Bits and Pieces are Falling off when the Shuttle takes-off to Space.

[edit on 30/7/05 by Souljah]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
You're right, let's give up all our weapons, and become total pacifists. We'll just let anyone that wants to take over come on in.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   

You're right, let's give up all our weapons, and become total pacifists. We'll just let anyone that wants to take over come on in.

There You Go!

Was That so Hard?

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
* fight and decisively win multiple, simultaneous major theater wars;

Yes with the Bush Doctrine NO WONDER so Many Countries are pointing their Nukes at the USA.

Yes, the bad countries, the ones run by arbitrary rule even worse than our own.
I suppose you were for the Soviet Union back in the Cold War days, right?

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Yes, the bad countries, the ones run by arbitrary rule even worse than our own.
I suppose you were for the Soviet Union back in the Cold War days, right?

I was FOR the Former-Yugoslavia in the Cold War Days and for the Non-Aligned Movement - which was not on Neither Side of the Iron Curtain, and was Founded by Egypt's Gamal Abdel Nasser, India's Jawaharlal Nehru and our Ex-Leader Marshal Josip Broz Tito.

NAM focuses on national struggles for independence, the eradication of poverty, economic development and opposing colonialism, imperialism, and neo-colonialism. They represent 55% of the planet's people and nearly two-thirds of the UN's membership.

The five principles were:

1. Respect for territorial integrity
2. Mutual non-aggression
3. Mutual non-interference in domestic affairs
4. Equality and mutual benefit
5. Peaceful co-existence

[edit on 30/7/05 by Souljah]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Those are all great things to be for, except what happens when the OTHER guy isn't for those same things? As nice as it would be to live in a world with no weapons in it, there's always gonna be someone who sees what you have, and wants it for themselves, because they don't have it. THAT is why we need things like this defense radar.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

THAT is why we need things like this defense radar.

WHO said you need this Radar?

Your Military that is CREATING this Danger in the first place?

First Create the Problem - and then the Solution.

Works Everytime.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Exactly how is having a RADAR system to identify missiles coming towards the US creating a threat? It's RADAR for gods sake. It beams ENERGY into the sky and bounces off objoects. HOW is that POSSIBLY a threat to ANYTHING?

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Exactly how is having a RADAR system to identify missiles coming towards the US creating a threat? It's RADAR for gods sake. It beams ENERGY into the sky and bounces off objoects. HOW is that POSSIBLY a threat to ANYTHING?

Radar is not the "Threat" - Radar is the "Solution".

Plenty of Problems Created Already, dont worry about that....

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I don't think the deployment of an EW radar is a particularly ominous development. It's not exactly a giant baby-eating machine or something. I suspect something like this would have been deployed with the Bush administration in office or not. It serves no offensive purpose anyway, I don't get what the fuss is about.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Come on Souljah, now you are just getting hysterical. You cannot blame the US for defending itself with radar, when China, Nth Korea, Iran, and others have eirther overtly or inferred that it is a target for Nucleur war.

This is just foolish emotionalism. More power to the US. better they are doing it than we are all open to aggressions from other countires.

THAT is why we need things like this defense radar.

WHO said you need this Radar?

Your Military that is CREATING this Danger in the first place?

First Create the Problem - and then the Solution.

Works Everytime.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...
I wonder How Many HUNGRY Children would the Money dedicated for this "Project" Feed?
Probably ALOT!
But HEY - America Needs new Defence Radar System!

Yes we spent as much has been taken by graft and corruption No doubt . I was wondering when
would be interjected. The reasons that the US, EU, Australia, Canada et al. can give handouts and forgive debt despite the perpetual graft, corruption, and ethnic clensing that takes part by the hands of thier own people is that we also have the sence to protect our own shores.

BTW, its a Anti Ballistic Missile Syystem and the radar is but one part of it. AWST estimated that the US has spent 93 billion on research over the years. However, the benifits are not to be understated. The advances in lasers, MRI technology etc are direct byproducts of this research.

But getting back to this topic you were nice enough to post.

I wonder if the radar can be used as a cuing system for other assests with ABM capacity? Kind of like a heads up for Aegis ships, the ABL system, THAAD et al.? This is exactly the type of network centric warfare they have ben talking about.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
[Yes with the Bush Doctrine NO WONDER so Many Countries are pointing their Nukes at the USA.

Yes, the bad countries, the ones run by arbitrary rule even worse than our own. I suppose you were for the Soviet Union back in the Cold War days, right?

What if free people could live secure in the knowledge that their
security did not rest upon the threat of instant U.S. retaliation to
deter a Soviet attack, that we could intercept and destroy strategic
ballistic missiles before they reached our own soil or that of our
allies?
President Ronald Reagan, March 23, 1983

The names have changed, but the threats are actually worse. Yes less missiles, but rogue nations that are less constrained to use 1 or 2 of them. We did have a small measure of stability with the old USSR but much less so now.

Its an academic exersize in the East, but here on the west coast old crazy kims missiles can be a concern. The shield will also protect Europe from a middle east launch when fully in place.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Gee, let's see here....China has nukes and has threatened to use them, Iran is atttempting to get nukes and I'm sure if they feel threatened won't hesitate to use them, North Korea has nukes and has threatened to use them.

Right! That's what deterrence is for. What do you think kept the Cold War from blowing up into World War 3? Deterrence has served us well for 60 years. International politics has always been, and always will be about knowing how to walk the often razor-thin line between peace and war. Even tyrannical dictators like Kim-Jung Ill, of North Korea understand the threat that Nuclear weapons pose.

Tim

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Tell me People's - how is this BIG BAD MUTHA of a Radar going to Detect the most Probable WMD attack - the SUITCASE BOMB?

But hey - the Army has the Money, so it's gotta put it somewhere, right?

Too bad the Military is not into Space Exploration.....

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
What part of China or North Korea threatening to launch missiles at the US has anything to do with a suitcase nuke? They threatened to launch MISSILES at us, which is what this radar detects.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   

What part of China or North Korea threatening to launch missiles at the US has anything to do with a suitcase nuke? They threatened to launch MISSILES at us, which is what this radar detects.

Damn I thought War on Terror was aimed against Militant Islamic Fundamentalists.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   
And I thought missile defense had been being worked on LONG before the War on Terror started, and this had everything to do with that, and nothing to do with the WoT.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join