It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is GOD a secret?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Why doesnt God just inscribe across the dark sky we see at night in glowing pink.. God wuz Here...????

Why is god so secretive and cryptic to his creations if he loves us? Why would he give us brains to question reallity and truth and provide very unreliable and disorganzied and unprovable scripture to believe in if he loves us and wants us in heaven.

Why do people believe in scripture that was invented and did not exists for several thousands of years of humanity on earth? Did god not love the first humans and just let them go on for thousands of years before introducing himself?

X

[edit on 17-7-2005 by Xeven]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Why doesnt God just inscribe across the dark sky we see at night in glowing pink.. God wuz Here...????

Why do people believe in scripture that was invented and did not exists for several thousands of years of humanity on earth? Did god not love the first humans and just let them go on for thousands of years before introducing himself?

X

He has said in creation He is alive. Look around at the vastness and complexity of everything.

It's your choice to believe the Bible is false. Have you ever read and studied the whole Bible? I mean for yourself, not taking what other people say about it, but firsthand knowledge of it for yourself.

If God didn't love people He would have not provided the way of salvation through Christ. He could have, and He would have been justified in doing so, simple let us die in our sins and spend eternity in seperation from Him(hell). He didn't though, He provided a way to show us something about Himself and allow us, if we choose to, become more than what we can be.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

He has said in creation He is alive. Look around at the vastness and complexity of everything.

It's your choice to believe the Bible is false. Have you ever read and studied the whole Bible? I mean for yourself, not taking what other people say about it, but firsthand knowledge of it for yourself.

If God didn't love people He would have not provided the way of salvation through Christ. He could have, and He would have been justified in doing so, simple let us die in our sins and spend eternity in seperation from Him(hell). He didn't though, He provided a way to show us something about Himself and allow us, if we choose to, become more than what we can be.

I completely understand the purpose of Christ. You did not answer any of the questions though.

You say it is my choice and that is true. My question remains though why is it all so cryptic and why if god loves us did he leave little or no proof and why does modern humanity follow such cryptic unprovable scriptures. I am not only talking about Christians but all religion.

Many millions of humans existed and lived on the planet before the scriptures in either muslim or christianity so what did god do with them when they passed? Early man had many many religions and beliefs before christianity and Islamic religions came along.

Were was Gods word then?

Is modern man living in mass dilusion if non exiating invisible men?

I've asked this many times in different threads on this subject and no one has ever produced anything other than unfounded faith based belief as proof

Basically humans just pick a religion and decide to believe in one of them and none of them can prove in any way that what lies withen the scriptures are nothing more than myth and propaganda of ages past with some basis in historical events.

I ask because I care about what happens when I die. Id like to think Im going to a "better place" but in reality it appears im just going to be gone heh.

I can deal with that, but I ask anyway, so if by some odd chance there is more that I can possible find some proof that will guide me in the right direction. I need something more than just blind obidience and faith.

I think its all just fake to be honest but I am open to a God if he exists to let me know it before my days are gone.

X

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Cryptic? What is so cryptic? Do you mean, why is it hidden in between the lines that there is a God? Do you mean you dont understand why he doesnt just have a big show and prove to everyone he is real? Well one, he doesnt have to, but He does show us, you just have to open your eyes to it. Walk outside and look around. Life, the complexity of creation, it cant be by chance. Also theres a day comming, when all of the world/universe w/e will see him and know he is God. Just wait, and lucky for you, it hasnt came yet lol.

I have also wondered about the past, how could God let them die and go to hell? Or what about the millions that have never heard the Gospel. I have decided that they are not held accountable, there was nothing they could do. I refuse to believe in that kind of a God. So i believe it is the same for the people that lived in the past. But think about it, even many pagan religions have many similar beliefs to Chritianity, Islam, and Judisiam. Not word for word but certain ideals are repeated. But the truth is it is an answer that no one will ever know what happened to them until we die. Not what you wanted to here, i know. But thats all you can know for sure.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
God isnt a mystery , he knows that thier is alot of evil in this world. It is up to the believer to find his path good vs. evil. You have to decide in your heart which way is right , then the light will shine if you choose to be a true believer. imo

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
It seems to me that you are already decided, and the questions are not really looking for answers.

You based some of your questions on false presuppositions.
"Did God not care about the first humans...."

The first humans had eyewitness accounts.

Noahs father was a contemporary of Adam
He heard form his father about how Adam walked with God in the garden. He heard from his father how Adam and Eve screwed up and were cast out.

Abraham was a contemorary of Noah.
Abraham is the father of Israel, and the one whom God called and made a covenant with. (OT).

Man turned away from God. Not the other way around.

Heb 11:1 Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
Heb 11:2 For by it the people of old received their commendation.
Heb 11:3 By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.
Heb 11:4 By faith Abel offered to God a more acceptable sacrifice than Cain, through which he was commended as righteous, God commending him by accepting his gifts. And through his faith, though he died, he still speaks.
Heb 11:5 By faith Enoch was taken up so that he should not see death, and he was not found, because God had taken him. Now before he was taken he was commended as having pleased God.
Heb 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

That should be helpful to you ...but only if you want the truth of the matter

Joh 11:40 Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

That is the way it works with God.

The very fact that you exist would be proof enough in the normal world. In this one where lies are common place and truth is is bought with $$$, even that is not good enough.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Not a very well kept one.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I have yet to understand the need for a middle man. Why not just ask god for forgivness, and have it granted? Why the need for someone to die for your sins? It makes little sense. I would not blow up my car, so that my neighbor could trash my yard, and I would forgive him if he belived that I blew up my car for his drunken shenanigans on my lawn.

jlb

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
to the above read and understand the bible

if god did somthing to prove to world people stll won't believe the truth
look into what i call the disapearing cancer 1 day on the death bed but next doc visit cancer free. there is a God and his kung fu is strong and if u don't have any faith u will never understand .........god has proved his self to me.....and to me if god did give a big signal its almost unfair for blatent non believers to jump on the band wagon and get in the gates......but thats not how it gos.......heck if u ask me God is seeing who should be rewarded
to enter the gates : bad apples here and good apples come hang out with me and jesus

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
I completely understand the purpose of Christ. You did not answer any of the questions though.

You say it is my choice and that is true. My question remains though why is it all so cryptic and why if god loves us did he leave little or no proof and why does modern humanity follow such cryptic unprovable scriptures. X

I really want to answer your questions the best I can.

So to start over, have you ever read the entire Bible all the way through?

There are some hard things to get through, (Numbers, Deuteronomy, Leviticus).

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I have yet to understand the need for a middle man

Adam and Eve turned away from God and followed lucifer.

They disobeyed and disbelieved God and obeyed and believed satans lie.

That is sin.
Sin corrupts. The price of sin is death.
Either that which is corrupted (you and me) be burned with fire (the second death) or
That which is sinless pay the price.

That is what Jesus did. He came here, in the flesh..the same weaknesses as you and me in the flesh...was tempted ...passed all the tests...and then was beaten, whipped bloody, stripped...nailed to a cross...as a sinner anyway.
His innocent blood made up for our guilty blood.
When God raised Him up...He became the rightful owner of all the sinners who follow him out of the death camp.
He paid the price of sin...so any sinner who wants their card stamped just needs to follow Jesus away from death.
that simple.
Jesus is going to take us back to His father...as a joint heir...as fellow sons of God

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
God cannot be understood by wisdom and reason. Only through belief and faith, as well as the work of the holy spirit can you really understand God. People have found peace and love thru worship of God, and the belief that Christ died for thier sins so they may have salvation without need of works. Only mans hubris prevents him from realising that he alone cannot bring himself salvation.

I was once a non-beliver myself about 7 years ago, and I at one time thought religious people were wackos and loonies, but that was only becasue I was not opening up my heart to Gods holy spirit. My point of view was scewed and incorrect. But thanks to some caring people who only had my best interest at heart. I now understand what God wants from me. And that knowledge has given me so much peace, it has stopped me from attempting to commit suicide, and being angry at everyone for treating me badly to the point I was wanting to start fights. Jesus fights for me, and promises me a life in heaven.

Rejoice in the Lord, I say again, rejoice!

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997

I have yet to understand the need for a middle man

Adam and Eve turned away from God and followed lucifer.

They disobeyed and disbelieved God and obeyed and believed satans lie.

That is sin.
Sin corrupts. The price of sin is death.
Either that which is corrupted (you and me) be burned with fire (the second death) or
That which is sinless pay the price.

That is what Jesus did. He came here, in the flesh..the same weaknesses as you and me in the flesh...was tempted ...passed all the tests...and then was beaten, whipped bloody, stripped...nailed to a cross...as a sinner anyway.
His innocent blood made up for our guilty blood.
When God raised Him up...He became the rightful owner of all the sinners who follow him out of the death camp.
He paid the price of sin...so any sinner who wants their card stamped just needs to follow Jesus away from death.
that simple.
Jesus is going to take us back to His father...as a joint heir...as fellow sons of God

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Can someone point to me in the Bible where it says that Satan is Lucifer?and that this was the serpent please, I`m having a hard time finding this.
I am also having a hard time finding the orignal sin. Like Mans Fall? wheres it say " mans Fall"?

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlb
if god did somthing to prove to world people stll won't believe the truth

Sorry, but that isn't the way it works. If there were proof, everyone would believe. Whether or not they would submit to god's authority is another question, but they most certainly would believe. Even Satan believes right? He just refuses to submit.

Ask any believer why they believe (including yourself), and some list of evidences will be submitted. In the mind of the believer, that evidence is enough proof.

Is there anyone who has ever lived who could honestly say "I believe in god for no reason whatsoever"? Of course not (ok, I'm sure there must be 1 or 2 exceptions).

If there were irrefutable proof, all would believe, just as all believe in gravity.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I don't know why people bother with Lucifer = Satan since it jsut confuses people.

But the whole Serpent = Satan takes a bit of cross referanceing. Starting with the curse God gave the serpent which would lead to its head being crushed by the offspring of Adam and Eve (which is the first prophacy of Christ). And the fact Satan means deceiver and that is what the serpent did. and finally in revelations (below). At the very least the serpent is a symbol of Satan

Rev 12:9 THe great draon was hurled dow--that anceint serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. he was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him

Which is one of the parts of scripture which supports that Satan is a fallen angel forced to roam the earth.

Rev 20:2 He seized the dragon, that anceint serpent, who is the devil, or satan, and bound him for a thousand years.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   
First off let me say " I Just love your avatar"
second, is not Lucifer also quoted as being the morning star, from what I gather from my studies. (Jesus, being the Morning star also in revelations) or was this a misprint? I was always told by the church that The Satan=Lucifer also. very confusing, you are right, until one studies.
Anyways.... you had mentioned Jesus as being as the one who crushes the head? ( gen 3-15) if I remember right.... is their anywhere in the Bible that states this? Oh yes and what about the Catholics Bible that states that this is versed " she shall crush"in staed of HE? which is right in your opinion? since we don`t have any originals of the original. Just curious.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Sorry, my post was directed to Jehosephat.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Cuz God lives in our hearts, he doesn t have to show up to "prove2 that. Just think about it and believe, believe and trust in God and you ll understand everything.

yavis

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   
www.e-sword.net...

Get that bible and do a word search on lucifer. Its a great tool

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join