It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China is ready to use nuclear weapons if U.S. of A joins the fight.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
news.ft.com...

China is prepared to use nuclear weapons against the US if it is attacked by Washington during a confrontation over Taiwan, according to a senior Chinese military official.

If the Americans draw their missiles and position-guided ammunition on to the target zone on China's territory, I think we will have to respond with nuclear weapons,” Zhu Chenghu, a major general in the People's Liberation Army, said at an official briefing.

Mr Zhu, who is also a professor at China's National Defence University, was speaking at a function for foreign journalists organised, in part, by the Chinese government. He added that China's definition of its territory includes warships and aircraft.

“If the Americans are determined to interfere [then] we will be determined to respond,” Mr Zhu said. “We Chinese will prepare ourselves for the destruction of all of the cities east of Xian. Of course the Americans will have to be prepared that hundreds. . . of cities will be destroyed by the Chinese.” Mr Zhu is a self-acknowledged “hawk” who has warned previously that China could strike the US with long-range missiles. But his threat to use nuclear weapons in a conflict over Taiwan is the most specific by a senior Chinese official in nearly a decade.

“In the end you care more about Los Angeles than you do about Taipei,” Mr Freeman quoted this official as saying. The official is believed to have been Xiong Guangkai, now the PLA's deputy chief of general staff.

The rationale for the new threats is unclear. China's Ministry of Foreign Affairs could not be reached for comment.

Mr Zhu, who has risen from the rank of colonel over the past five years, insisted he was expressing his personal views, and that they did not represent the policy of the Chinese government. Nor was he anticipating war between China and the US.

so if we shoot down a Chinese aircraft or sink a ship, they would use the nukes first to respond to the use of conventional weapons against them. tsk tsk it shows that to say that they know they cant defeat us in a conventional warfare and decided to use nukes in an unwinnable war. im sure we be blowing every city and destroy thousands of years of history and culture in just a matter of minutes. of course i think this is a scare tactic against us wen they decide to invade Taiwan. no doubt about that.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Someone please tell me how many nuclear warheads the US has as compared to the China?

IMHO, even as seemingly prepared as China seems to be about using nukes, I think the realization of MAD will keep their desire to use them to a nil.

seekerof

[edit on 14-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
posted on 14-7-2005 at 10:47 AM
Someone please tell me how many nuclear warheads the US has as compared to the China?

"IMHO, even as seemingly prepared as China seems to be about using nukes, I think the realization of MAD will keep their desire to use them to a nil.

seekerof "

According to this website
which was updated six years ago)
www.fas.org...

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
posted on 14-7-2005 at 10:47 AM

"IMHO, even as seemingly prepared as China seems to be about using nukes, I think the realization of MAD will keep their desire to use them to a nil.

seekerof "

According to this website
which was updated six years ago)
www.fas.org...

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Sorry to make 2 posts, I'm new here and still trying to figure out the interface, I think the hyperlink went in properly on the last post. And sorry about the quoting, I couldn't figure that out either, give me time, I'll get it.

Anyway, according to that link the U.S. has 12,000 nukes stockpiled with about 6750 deliverable, whereas China is listed with over 500 stockpiled and about 350 deliverable.

Remember those numbers are estimates and also from 1999.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Remember those numbers are estimates and also from 1999.

Yeah so double them....
U.S. is the biggest hypocritical nation in the WORLD!

no no Iraq no missles for you... Next topic in the U.N. --- Dissarming China of WMDs...

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Is that Chinese general thinking ok he expects that the US which has +10x more deliverable nukes than china will only destroy a few cities while he expects that china will destroy practically every city in the US?
If this is the brain behind Chinas military we have nothing to worry about.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
What a loony. When will China learn that they are not going to win a war by slaughtering millions of American citizens would not prevent them from being annilated in a retaliation strike. Tsk tsk tsk, we've been playing this game since the 50's. The concept is simple, while their nukes are in the air we launch our nukes and we all die a quick and hopefully painless death.

Still can't believe they're bluffing that they'd nuke us for shooting down one of their planes while defending an ally. Oh well they've got to be bluffing so we may as well let the Chinese goverment sit in it's corner and throw hot air at us.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Lets nuke China now they are governed by old men who think communism is trendy

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   

news.ft.com...

“In the end you care more about Los Angeles than you do about Taipei,” Mr Freeman quoted this official as saying. The official is believed to have been Xiong Guangkai, now the PLA's deputy chief of general staff.

I cannot find this paragraph in the link you provided, can you clarify?

“We . . . will prepare ourselves for the destruction of all of the cities east of Xian. Of course the Americans will have to be prepared that hundreds . . . of cities will be destroyed by the Chinese.”

All the cities East of Xi'an? Hmm. Here are some maps of China. Xi'an is that dot right in the middle, 3rd dot left of Shanghai.

Notice how much of China actually exists in this region that this General is so willing to sacrifice? Look closely at the agricultural map. Is this the future Chinese people are choosing for themselves? To follow some warlord into the utter termination of the Chinese people?

POPULATION DENSITY
www.travelchinaguide.com...

AGRICULTURAL ZONES

SPECIAL ECONOMIC ZONES

...How loyal are the Chinese to the communist party? I seem to recall a lot of Chinese schoolkids starving themselves and being fired upon by military rifles not so long ago.

Are the citizens of these cities East of Xi'an so willing to be atomic bomb-fodder for some crusty old Chinese man and his dreams of global destruction? I am curious.

EDIT: "OBSTACLES TO NON-PROLIFERATION" by Zhu Chenghu
Research Fellow, Institute for Strategic Studies, National Defence University
[Given at the INESAP Conference, Shanghai 8-10 September 1997]

www.nti.org...

To materialize non-proliferation, major actors, the United States in particular, should take practical measures in controlling themselves.

My first question to General Zhu based on this final paragraph from the above link would be:

"How much control are you displaying, General, with such loose talk? Clearly, talk of non-proliferation aside, it is not wise to elevate the state of global nuclear arousal."

Even the most casual words could be comprehensively fatal for billions of humans. Brinksmanship is too dangerous for this world of so many nuclear nations. The cold war era had few players at the nuclear poker table.

[edit on 14-7-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Anyway, according to that link the U.S. has 12,000 nukes stockpiled with about 6750 deliverable, whereas China is listed with over 500 stockpiled and about 350 deliverable.

Using this figure as rough base for comparison ... it would appear that the U.S. has a significant advantage, especially when factoring in that western avionics, guidance and delivery systems are significantly more accurate that that of the Chinese (from what I could find anyway) ...

yet when it is all said and one ... in an all out exchange between the two powers ... even if one side does escape the initial destructive effects of such an exchange ... fallout and atmospheric contamination would wreak global havok on the ecology ... which in turn would affect most everyone on the planet.

Nuclear weapons are not the answer ... space based Kinetic Kill Satellites are hahahaha ... jk.

LCKob

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The U.S should be more worried about rogue ultra-communist Chinese Generals launching ballistic missiles at the U.S than Islamic terrorists launching ballistic missiles at America.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I assure you China is not Bluffing, Russia and China have been ready for nuke war scince 62 while US would lose 95% of it pop, Russsia and China would loos no more than 6% we have underground bunkers though out Russia and China I mean litteraly under neath Malls and stadiums.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiberianTiger
I assure you China is not Bluffing, Russia and China have been ready for nuke war scince 62 while US would lose 95% of it pop, Russsia and China would loos no more than 6% we have underground bunkers though out Russia and China I mean litteraly under neath Malls and stadiums.

American citizens would just invade Canada to escape the blasts. Canada; America's bomb shelter.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiberianTiger

Lmao. You really think Russia would go to war on China's side over some little island? Jeez if Russia was that suicidal the Soviets would have just nuked us at the height of their power in the 80's. And you honestly think that a bomb shelter is actually going to survive a direct blast from a nuclear warhead, and you're going to get 94% of your populations into those things in under 30 minutes? I can assure you, you guy's don't have nearly that many bomb shelters, I mean in China or Soviet Russia you couldn't build a private bomb shelter. And it's not like Russians have had any real, credible reason to build one in the last fifteen or so years during capatalism.

In otherwords, trust me, if Russia and China could have even 80% of it's population surive a US nuclear barrage, WWIII would have already started.

Honestly, you supposedly being such a Russian fanatic (Note: I don't tolerate fanatics in general) should know that neither side would live.

[edit on 7/14/2005 by cyberdude78]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
This is not exactly about the nuke thing. But I just started looking into the whole China thing since I started on ats a few months back and something is really bothering me.

Why are we still supporting this country financially through our trade agreements ?

They slaughter their own people with no regard for human life whatsoever. They kill Christian missionaries, child slavery and more, now they are a world threat and we keep pumping our hard earned cash into their country for a bunch of excuse the term: Chineese Crap ! I can say this because I have imported many items from there working for a previous employeer.

And yes it's ALL CRAP !

Is it because of the almighty dollar ? Please don't say it is so !

Would our economy in the US suffer if we put sanctions against this country ? I expect that we would be impacted pretty severly when I have a little idea of the things that we import from there in many markets.

I know of a couple large companies here in the US that have made major breakthroughs over there in China selling and marketing for the sports industry. They are making millions.

I think if our govt. did put some type of sanctions on importing goods from China we would lose a lot of jobs for americans.

I guess I am answering my own question while thinking this through. I don't know much about China but the more I find out the less I am liking their ruler !

How would the world see us if we nuked China ? Should we care ? If they are really a threat, should we stand by and let them threaten the world ?
Or are they just threatening the US ? Is this going to be another region that the US has to be concerned with confronting by themselves like Iraq ?

Or is this something much bigger in that region and China only plays a role in it with other countries that would and could aod them ?

Does China have any allies ? I am sure that they do with all of the weapons and technology going in and out of that country

Is their technology good enough for us here in the US to be worried about.

Can anyone point me in the right direction ( providing website articles ) to catch up on my History of China ?

Thanks Truth

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Mr Zhu, who has risen from the rank of colonel over the past five years, insisted he was expressing his personal views, and that they did not represent the policy of the Chinese government. Nor was he anticipating war between China and the US.

There you go.

Be sure to read your own article next time eh

[edit on 14-7-2005 by Taishyou]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Gen Zhu is a self-acknowledged “hawk” who has warned that China could strike the US with long-range missiles. But his threat to use nuclear weapons in a conflict over Taiwan is the most specific by a senior Chinese official in nearly a decade.

However, some US-based China experts cautioned that Gen Zhu probably did not represent the mainstream People's Liberation Army view.

“He is running way beyond his brief on what China might do in relation to the US if push comes to shove,” said one expert with knowledge of Gen Zhu. “Nobody who is cleared for information on Chinese war scenarios is going to talk like this,” he added.

here is the rest of the article.

this guy is a chinese counter-part of a "hawk" in america.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
China is ready to use nukes? So what? The US are ready too. And remember that the US have more nukes. The US have over 10,000 nukes, while China has no more than 50.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:37 AM
link   
blah blah blah..... lucky theirs something thats called radiaction. when the US launches lets say 100 nukes and china launches 100 nukes. thats going to change the worlds climate and maybe case enough dirt into the air to cause a nuclear winter.

dont think with numbers in a nuke game. it doesn't matter who has more. it matter who has enough to have a deterent.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join