It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China is ready to use nuclear weapons if U.S. of A joins the fight.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I was just thinking that an ICBM with a chemical agent detonating at low altitude all over major cities would kill off the population but leave the infrastructure intact. Either that or a neutron bomb.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
was watching CNN last night and they were talking about this, And how it really is Irresponsible for For china to make such a threat, I think the Response from the US was Good by calling it irresponsible, Cuz it is, Why on Earth Would you make such a threat to the only Government who was the First to use such a weapon in fact two of them over japan.

My Dad and i Disagree I think US would retaliate With a nuke if struck with one, My dad thinks that the US would give China 24 or 42 hour time limit to shut down all military activity or the US would do bomb raids and missile strikes because he thinks the US wouldnt take Innocent Chinese Lives with nukes because one general was trigger happy.

Anyways on CNN some guy said on there that it may be possible for China to get a first strike opportunity by sneaking one of there subs into the middle of the pacific,....How possible do you guys think this is?

[edit on 16-7-2005 by zakattack]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
west point chemical weapons dont work like that unless you use a ton of rockets, their use is impracticle for city use, they would be used on bases area denial and degredation of readiness and morale which runs counter to the kill mision. I am glad to say the US for the most part is getting rid of its chemical weapons, emp bomb with strikes on the food stores would be just as effective. An air burst is normally used when disperung perisant agents to get the greatest area effect, while this would be a poor choice for a killing non-presisant as the wind would severlly limit the effect of the agent.

I would release thousands of rats that have a craving for grain and rice trained to find large stores and eat and eat and eat! vectors!

As for the US nuclear policy, its pretty clear if anyone uses a nuke agianst US interests, soldier, properity or population a direct and swift responce will be deliveried with ovewelming force.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
We have to also be aware that this was One General's opinion/talk that does not represent the PRC/PLA or w/e its called. I'm sure he'll be talked to by the Chinese. But NUKE war is pretty damn dumb and just think about the innocent men, women, and children....Not cool

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
i really dont think that thats a good idea. i dont think china would do something so foolish. nuclear weapons are obsolete. our axis powers and satillites will take out any nuke before it enters us territories. the china people i would say that 85% would choose no war. but to the war mongers everywhere maybe they need a nuke shoved down their pants.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Well, what does anyone expect China to say now that the Bush administration has announced its willingness to use nuclear weapons in a "first strike" capacity? This is what large powers do.. they match sabre-rattling rhetoric with more rhetoric. It's stupid, but I think both sides are to blame here, not just China.

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaitus
i really dont think that thats a good idea. i dont think china would do something so foolish. nuclear weapons are obsolete. our axis powers and satillites will take out any nuke before it enters us territories. the china people i would say that 85% would choose no war. but to the war mongers everywhere maybe they need a nuke shoved down their pants.

umm.. NO!!
You seem to be living in a fools paradise.. THe US is wary of the North Koreans being able to reach the US west coast forget China!!

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
in my earlier post above i asked if it is possible for china to get a single submarine out in the middle of the pacific and launch a nuke or do you think that the US is watching the oceans very close,

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Yes. Type 92. It carries JL2 nukes with range ~8000km. Of course the US watches the waters but the sub doesn't need to do that much sneaking if it only targets US west coast. It could launch from ~8000km away.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
China? Are they ready for a response so fast that they won't even have time to light their nuclear fuses? They really should second thought Taiwan, as IF the US wishes to support Taiwan - China will lose their multi-million Man army and unfortunately a percentage of Civilians too.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
No. China did not threaten to use nuclear weapons. It's just General Zhu's opinion

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I'm just curious what the response would of been if this would of been coming from a US general. Saying something like this, "If China decides to line up there military powers against Taiwan the US would have no issues with using tatical nuclear strikes against them." Of course I know that these measures would not be needed, but hypothetically speaking. Would people try to blow it off so easily as just one general speaking? Or maybe people might think that these things have been discussed behind closed doors somewhere. Of course the Chinese government isn't going to acknowledge such a statement. To do so would not be good for international relations at this present time.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

China? Are they ready for a response so fast that they won't even have time to light their nuclear fuses? They really should second thought Taiwan, as IF the US wishes to support Taiwan - China will lose their multi-million Man army and unfortunately a percentage of Civilians too.

Dallas

If i was a betting man , i would put real money on the fact that they would have there birds on *alert-launch* pre programmed and ready to fly, the moment anything kicks off in the PACRIM.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zakattack

Anyways on CNN some guy said on there that it may be possible for China to get a first strike opportunity by sneaking one of there subs into the middle of the pacific,....How possible do you guys think this is?

why do you say china. one general made this comment. a general

and a first strike is meant to hit them hard and fast not just with a few SLBMs. why do you think the USSR didn't use them in the cold war. because everyone would die

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

why do you say china. one general made this comment. a general

and a first strike is meant to hit them hard and fast not just with a few SLBMs. why do you think the USSR didn't use them in the cold war. because everyone would die

Sorry i should have clarified my question, of course china has missile that can reach the US but what i was really trying to ask was Would it be possible for china to get a Sub almost to our west coast and raise heck on our bases or cities, Does the US have enough subs to protect our coasts from subs

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
China's Df-5s and Df-31s have enough range to strike into US territory. Assuming 20 ICBMs go into the US, you are pretty much screwed, but same goes for China. In the end, you still care more about Los Angeles than you do about Taipei

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
From what I have read, the Chinese have publicy said that they don't want the U.S. to think that general's statements are representative of the Chinese gov't. General Zhu was probably just, as a very pro-Chinese, anti-American soldier, blowing his mouth off. He has done this before, from what I've read.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
That you care more about California then Taipei statement goes both ways you care more about Hong Kong and China then you do about Taipei I also presume right?

And what if this is the common thinking amongst the Chinese military generals will the Civilian leadership be able to control them in times of war? They can sit and make phone calls but in the end it come down to commanders in the file making decision.
During the Cuban missile crisis Khrushchev had specifically told his force in Cuba to not shoot or allow the Cubans to shoot down any US aircraft but they did not listen and shot down the U-2, had that not been Kennedy in office I am convinced that would most likely have stared the nuclear exchange.

During WWII in Japan where every one obeyed the Emperors word and did not dare go against it yet even in that strict tradition the military organized a coup against him and tied to prevent his taped surrender speech from hitting the airwaves.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Sorry i should have clarified my question, of course china has missile that can reach the US but what i was really trying to ask was Would it be possible for china to get a Sub almost to our west coast and raise heck on our bases or cities, Does the US have enough subs to protect our coasts from subs

Depends on what cities you're thinking about. If it's west coast cities, the sub won't even need to sneak up to the coast, it can just launch from 8000 km away. On the other hand if it wants to hit Washington it must get really close and I don't think it will succeed. Unless it sails all the way into the Atlantic or something and then launch. (But then there are only so many routes there and they're pretty narrow: Suez? South Africa? That canal at central america (forgot name)? And it will also have a hard time. I'm sure there will be US subs lurking around these parts too)

[edit on 16-7-2005 by Taishyou]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   

it really depends on the level of quietness this new sub has. the Type-93 is comparable to the victor III and the Victor III is comparable to a early Los anglelas class. the Type-94 is rumour to be a extended version of the Type-93

but with the tech learned from the kilo song and yuan class diesal subs with the new western style 7 blade propeller it would be quiter

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join