It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gods of Golf are Mad at Me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
this is sickening!!! Everytime I am all set to play golf, set a tee time, and get all prepped and excited for a round of golf...it rains!!!!
And if it isn't rain, it's something else, and if it isn't something else, and I actually manage to get on the course, I have an off day.

I blame this all on the gods of golf, I believe I have broken some unseen boundary by getting a Hole in One on the 6th hole on April 23rd, 2005.
There are people who have been playing years and of course much better than I and they haven't had a hole in one. Somehow by me doing this, I have angered the golf gods and they won't let me play.

I am sorry you argyle sock wearing gods, I try not to upset the order of things anymore... just let me play

seriously I hope these dark ominous clouds overhead move on soon, I might still have a chance to get on the course if stops raining and dries a bit by 5pm.

Now listen up golf gods, make it stop...before I throw a tantrum
:bash:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Come on golf gods, give the gal a chance!

BTW, I've been playing for 25 years and do not have a hole in one. I did get a double eagle in a college tourney, though.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
You know, I have this same problem. The last time I played, I was trying to putt, and then these birds start squaking just as loud as they can, and it was very distracting. Needless to say I missed it. :shk:

Maybe the golf gods want a sacrifice?

[edit on 16-7-2005 by JBurns]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Drink more beer....

Ever notice those guys on the course? Or if you're lucky enough, when you try and go solo they'll buddy ya up with one....The guys got a beer in his hand at 8:30 in the morning before he even gets off the first tee....Life couldn't get any better for this man folks...

Shot one - He shanks it to the left into the tree line - He belts out a little laughter mixed with a few curse words and goes onto to shot/beer two.....

80 strokes and one happy refreshment lady later, it's raining - you're miserable.....and your buddy's doing the cha-cha with his putter in the sandbox before he makes his quadruple-boogey attempt on the par 3 at hole number 12.....

Ya just got to put things into perspective WW......

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
well you have to get up pretty early to get by the gods of golf and I did on Saturday, I managed to get my rounds in right before it got too hot and rained.

I shot 14 over par, but that's okay, at least I got to play!!!

btw... hazards of a Florida golf course

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Ha Ha, so true EnronOutrunHomerun, the bad golfers always seem to have the best time!
I used to get stuck behind two old Grannies every morning a couple of years ago, took about 3 hours to get around 9 holes! Thankfully they are not there now, maybe i am timing it better, or maybe they are... umm, dead.

Also worldwatcher, golf in the rain is great sometimes! I shot my best ever score in terrible weather, maybe its worth giving it a try!

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I'm scared of lightning and I am not taking any chances swinging a golf club in a thunderstorm...

don't get me wrong, a little sprinkle won't stop me, but this is south florida rain storms we're talking about... not me out there!!

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I'll be sure to ask the "gods" to lighten up a bit for you WW.

BTW, Congrats on the Ace... that's awesome...

I have an Ace of my own....

back in 1996, 179 yard, 3 Iron ... The green wasn't visible, only the top of the flag... hit the shot, it felt good, went to the green didn't see my ball, said huh, *jokingly* it must be in the hole... walked over and WHAM..
there it was...

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
thank you and congrats on your own hole in one.

It is an amazing feeling, we saw it going in from the tee box and I was just floored, couldn't believe it at all.

mines was 120 yards with a 9 iron. it dropped less than 5 inches from the hole and rolled in.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
hmm.. if you're indian.. well then your home country is pretty badly off on the golf scene too!!
Damn monsoon rains!!

I'm playing in "vietnam" style paddy fields here!!

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Well, I've gone golfing once, 9 holes. IT'S HARD!!!

It was scorching out, seriously death defying. The first 4 holes were the hardest other than 9. We, of course, finished 5 when it started to pour. Ran like hell across the entire course to get back before we fried.

new topics

top topics

join