It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Hiroshima

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Bush going underground.....

He did? last I heard he was in Texas....

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
He did? last I heard he was in Texas....

Yeah, he's hiding from everyone after the Bolton stunt he pulled. It's the Presidential equivilant of ringing your doorbell and running as you open the door to find a flaming bag of doggie doo.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
bush going underground??

i have to admit the al zawhri tape yesterday did seem too uncanny.

anyone else notice the black turban? every other message (or most) has been with a white turban.

the media are mainly reporting it as propoganda. why has no one considered it as a trigger?

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
New ATS member here. Hello all.

I don't advocate Bush bashing, i think it accomplishes nothing, but as a New Yorker, i am tired of the threat level going up every time Bush's approval ratings hit the floor. His Iraq approval is at an all time low even as he tries make the cor relation between Iraq and 911. This new tape means only one thing--there is a new tape and thats all. There has been hardly any connection to a release of a tape and a strike, ergo I feel like this is just more rhetoric. Time will tell.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
well guys, if this is going to happen, from reading the thread it appears as if it'll be in the next 48 hours.

its 6th august, 8.05am in hiroshima (time the first atomic bomb was dropped 60 years ago) at 5/6pm eastern time in US today (5th august).
i.e. friday afternoon rush hour.

i deeply hope nothing does occur but read this:

www.homelandsecurityus.com...

The video was atypical as it showed Zawahiri, with a grayer beard than in previous tapes released in February and June of this year, and a black turban as opposed to his traditional white headresses.

Based on these and other indicating factors, it is the collective assessment of all analysts of the Northeast Intelligence Network that the threat level over the next several days in the United States, the UK and Canada is higher than normal.

bit spooky

stay safe over the next few days and beyond

[edit on 5-8-2005 by tiaw1]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree
The only reason I mentioned an attempt to thwart possesion of the Ark
comes from the common notion or myth that those who possess the Ark would be undefeatable.

I have never heard of this myth. I saw the movie Indiana Jones and the Lost Ark, but it's pretty clear in the Torah that no man except the ordained Levite priests, can handle the ark, or be in it's presence without dieing. Saying anyone could grab the Ark and use it for their army, is the same as saying God didn't setup any decrees in the handling of the Ark. What madman would just ignore God's imminent warning of death?

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

What madman would just ignore God's imminent warning of death?

funny, i wonder who's name popped into my head when i first read that?

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
anyone else preparing for the worst?

TPL

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Something that's always interested me is who would report a nuke attack to the media, anyone close would be killed in an instant or too badly injured/sick to report it. I suppose those just outside the blast radius would be the first to report it but i assume the details would be sketchy for hours.

There's also the EMP to consider as well knocking out local communications.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It really doesn't matter if anything happens on 8/6. It will happen someday, as long as Islamic fanatics are free to roam.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
i believe the 60th anniversairy is in exactly 10/15 minutes. so lets hope this is when a lot of you get proven wrong and nothing happens!

TPL

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Wait an hour or so for reports.

I doubt anything will happen though.

[edit on 5-8-2005 by TPL]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
correct me if i'm wrong but has there previously been this much "buzz" / "hype" around a particular date, target and method of attack by al qaeda ever before?

i cant remember from browsing these forums anything previously that has generated such attention and whispers as this one, both here and on other sites?

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
While I think an attack on America may be imminent, I'm starting to doubt the idea that anything will happen tomorrow (August 6th) mainly because it's a Saturday. If al Qaida wants to hit one of our cities with a nuke, then they're going to do it on a weekday and at a time when the most people will be in the area. Who knows, maybe they'll just wait till Monday?

I just hope they don't hit Philadelphia (it's on the supposed target list) as I live 15 minutes across the river!

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Cheney is planning an attack on the US again to rally support for another invasion. It will happen soon and WMD's will be used this time to insure mass support for retaliation. 9/11 didn't go as planned so they need something even more devastating to get what they want. Some nukes have made it into the US while others have been stopped. I think the attack will happen between now and 9/11 2005.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Nakasaki was bombed on the 9th, which just so happens to fall on Tuesday. Al-Quida seems to like Tuesdays for whatever reason, so perhaps that's something to consider. I'm really not too worried about this. I don't believe it's going to be this easy to determine a date, as they are going to want it to come completely out of the blue. Hopefully I'm right. I will admit however this the first time I've been somewhat nervous due to reading one of these threats.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Paul L. Williams will still be on the talk radio circuit 5 years from now selling the same story about Al Queda smuggling nukes into the US, ready to detonate them in multiple cities at any moment.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by vincere7

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree
The only reason I mentioned an attempt to thwart possesion of the Ark
comes from the common notion or myth that those who possess the Ark would be undefeatable.

I have never heard of this myth. I saw the movie Indiana Jones and the Lost Ark, but it's pretty clear in the Torah that no man except the ordained Levite priests, can handle the ark, or be in it's presence without dieing. Saying anyone could grab the Ark and use it for their army, is the same as saying God didn't setup any decrees in the handling of the Ark. What madman would just ignore God's imminent warning of death?

You may be quite correct that it can not be just anyone.

However IF the decrees are followed, it would be assumed that those who are truly worthy
would come under the protection of God.

It's just now past midnight here in the U.S. ( EST ) and the worst part of this day was the heat and rush hour traffic.

I would really like to believe that all of this August 6th and 9th buzz is mere rumor and speculation,
but I also do consider that the worst of terror could come in the night catching everyone off guard.

Let's hope not.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I also hope its just BS, but even if its not in the next few days, it will come.

Most here will blame Bush, matter of fact he is at fault for world hunger, disease, all war on the planet and many others I cant think of right now but he would not allow this to happen of his own free will and I firmly believe he would do whatever he could to stop it.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   

“According to captured al-Qaida leaders and documents, the plan is called the "American Hiroshima" and involves the multiple detonations of nuclear weapons already smuggled into the U.S. over the Mexican border with the help of the MS-13 street gang and other organized crime groups.

Never once has the government, the press or any other credible source ever given a blanket statement like "captured al-Qaida leaders" regarding a potential incident. If you look up every other terror prediction, you'll find names, or atleast sources that point to which group of terrorists are supplying such claims. And these documents? Where were they obtained? When, what exactly did they say? Again.. blanket statements.. with no backbone at that.

including suitcase nukes, nuclear mines, artillery shells and even some missile warheads.

This one takes the cake. Maybe a suitcase nuke, weighing appoximently 175 pounds, but a missle warhead? Do you even know how HEAVY those are? They would need an entire semi-truck to load that thing into the US.. and that surely isnt getting past the boarder.... and nuclear mines? Are there even such things?

Al-Qaida has obtained at least 40 nuclear weapons from the former Soviet Union – including suitcase nukes, nuclear mines, artillery shells and even some missile warheads. In addition, documents captured in Afghanistan show al-Qaida had plans to assemble its own nuclear weapons with fissile material it purchased on the black market.

I've read about the suitcase nukes, hell, most of us here probably have heard about them one way or another; but I've never read ANYWHERE from ANY credible source that Alqaeda has obtained these said nukes. If Alqaeda was even suspected of having obtained nuclear weapons, you can bet your ass() the government wouldn't think twice about disclosing such evidence... even if it was fuzzy at best, they wouldn't hold back that info.. it wouldn't serve their agenda of keeping the populance afraid.

In addition to detonating its own nuclear weapons already planted in the U.S., military sources also say there is evidence to suggest al-Qaida is paying former Russian special forces Spetznaz to assist the terrorist group in locating nuclear weapons formerly concealed inside the U.S. by the Soviet Union during the Cold War.

"Military Sources" say there is "evidence"... yet, no one else in the world can find these "sources" or "evidence"... how canny.

Osama bin Laden's group is also paying nuclear scientists from Russia and Pakistan to maintain its existing nuclear arsenal and assemble additional weapons with the materials it has invested hundreds of millions in procuring over a period of 10 years.

Such an operation would surely spark the interest of the NSA, CIA, FBI, and/or HSD... are you saying that these highly trained, qualified, nuclear scientists are roaming the USA without the intellegance departments knowing?

Hell, one of them even trying to enter the country would set off a million red flags.

The plans for the devastating nuclear attack on the U.S. have been under development for more than a decade.

Ugh huh, you're telling me that AlQaeda can smuggle 40 nuclear weapons into the United States in under 10 years and not a single one of them gets caught, flagged, or investigated?

But the most disturbing news is that high level U.S. officials now believe at least some of those weapons have been smuggled into the U.S. for use in the near future in major cities as part of this "American Hiroshima" plan, according to an upcoming book, "The al-Qaida Connection: International Terrorism, Organized Crime and the Coming Apocalypse," by Paul L. Williams, a former FBI consultant.

I wont even get into Paul Williams.. the guy has been debunked so many times its almost hilarious his name is attached to this "report"...

The ONLY thing in that entire post that may have ANY bit of truth is the cooperation between terrorists and the MS-13.

Mara Salvatrucha gang members are known to be involved in all aspects of criminal activity. Because of their ties to their former homeland, they have access to sophisticated military weapons thus making firearms trafficking one of their main criminal enterprises.

But even THAT is fuzzy at best. There are no direct ties between MS13's actions and Alqaeda.. and if there were, you can bet the US would have notified us.. be afraid!!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join