It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My G8 Hell !!! (Exclusive Edinburgh Pics)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
as a resident of edinburgh, i found myself in the middle of a RIOT yesterday
i was forced to stay in a police corden for almost 3 hours for nothing.

the police were nothing short of evil..hitting people for no reason.
waiting for people to react to hit them

here are some pics

pic 1...me arriving

pic 2...police arriving

pic 3... fights

pic 4.. headbutted by the police (i think)

pic 5...NO WAY OUT

[edit on 5-7-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
this man was hit and lifted..

fights start

police ahd a cheek to give me this when they lifted me :
external image

[edit on 5-7-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
here is my local paper..
i was caught up behind all this !!

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
beats going over to Europe for a protest and getting shot.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
People go to these things with the express purpose of creating a disturbance. Let them take their lumps. I have more respect for suicide bombers than I do for these scumbags.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
People go to these things with the express purpose of creating a disturbance. Let them take their lumps. I have more respect for suicide bombers than I do for these scumbags.

Thats not trues. There are a number of idiots that go to these things just to create havock and throw stuff at the police, who give the rest a bad name, but there is also a good amount of folk that are genuinly out to do nothing more than show up for the protest and be peaceful.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   

oh dear, you just got brainwashed.
one minute you hated suicide bombers now you hate 'troublemaking anarchists'

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
A suicide bomber at least goes to his death willingly and resolutely with no chance of whining about the outcome. I didn't say that I respected suicide bombers, but they have more gumption than these anarchist scum ever will.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   

A suicide bomber at least goes to his death willingly and resolutely with no chance of whining about the outcome. I didn't say that I respected suicide bombers, but they have more gumption than these anarchist scum ever will.

who said they were anarchists? and who said they were scum?

that magazine front cover there gave you your opinions about what was going on. full stop.

Brainwashing in action

and i didnt say anything about you respecting suicide bombers, i agree with your opinions on them.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Unlike you, I've been around long enough to have seen these knuckleheads in action for at least several decades. By now, everyone with a television set, the ability to read and an IQ of 85 knows who the players are at these events. So, leave your personal attacks at the door, please. And try to remember, some of us have the education, experience and background to assess these situations for ourselves.

[edit on 2005/7/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   

By now, everyone with a television set, the ability to read and an IQ of 85 knows who the players are at these events.

That is so true. I'm glad someone has the guts to call them out for the state-sponsored cowards they really are. It's the perfect way to vilify peaceful protestors.

[edit on 7-5-2005 by ShadowHasNoSource]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowHasNoSource
That is so true. I'm glad someone has the guts to call them out for the state-sponsored cowards they really are. It's the perfect way to vilify peaceful protestors.

Peaceful protesters, indeed. Have you considered stand-up comedy?

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   

I have more respect for suicide bombers

Well you have it there folks, GradyPhilpott supports terrorism.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   
at least they have the guts to do what your generation never did Grady, protest and fight the damned capitalistic machine. If you went at it some...what...30 (40?) years ago, this probably wouldnt be happening today. But since your generation mostly turned parasites (or smoked pot and protested the Vietnam during school breaks) like the parasites before them, there you have it....

They couldve at least burned a couple of star*ucks joints if they were at it. i mean, what gives them the right to call that piss coffee

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
i admire these people for having beliefs
i am annoyed its in my city thought

the police were nothing short of criminal yesterday
and i fear many innocent bystanders from my city are now sitting in jail awaiting a court appearance

the police should be ashamed of themselfs for yesterdays crap
it was all going well...when they jumped in when there was no need

yet again the police cause trouble when none is needed or even planned

[edit on 5/7/2005 by shauny]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
at least they have the guts to do what your generation never did Grady, protest and fight the damned capitalistic machine.

They couldve at least burned a couple of star*ucks joints if they were at it.

Speak not of my generation, nukunuku, because you evidently have no knowledge whereof you speak. The shame of my generation is those who did, in fact, turn our streets into war zones supporting communists over their own country. Capitalism, or the free market, is the only viable system devised to date and those who don't know it, I hope will be doomed to live under the alternatives. They're out there. Emigrate while you can and spare the rest of us you're ill-informed, naive, public tantrums.

Starbucks? Maybe you should read up on Starbucks and maybe a little American history before you put your mouth in gear.

www.magazineusa.com...

[edit on 2005/7/5 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
is this the march that bob geldof incouraged people to do? when is there ever a peaceful protest?...there isn't. a few will be civil, but you'll always get the crazy few who start throwing stuff at the police and that.

what was this protest in aid of and why are people protesting G8? the leaders at the G8 summit are going to talk about the poverty in africa, you don't need to go to edinburgh and riot to let them know. bob geldof...get a haircut!

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Speak not of my generation, nukunuku, because you evidently have no knowledge whereof you speak. The shame of my generation is those who did, in fact, turn our streets into war zones supporting communists over their own country. Capitalism, or the free market, is the only viable system devised to date and those who don't know it, I hope will be doomed to live under the alternatives. They're out there. Emigrate while you can and spare the rest of us you're ill-informed, naive, public tantrums.

No sir, im not sparing you anything, sorry, and im moving right next door to you

Capitalism only works for the capitalist, i presume you figured that out already, with all your years of experience.

It works?
Well then I guess theres alaways room for improvement....

PS: why dont you come into our newly born capitalist dreamland and see what the people really think about it.

peace

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Well, at least your approaching an age when you'll with a little luck and some serious effort begin to see how hollow your ideals really are. One thing is for sure, the communist sympathizers of my generation abandoned their ideals and became one of the most greedy, venal generations in American history.

While you can fault them for their shallow materialism, which they took to extremes even their much ridiculed parents never dreamed of, one must remember that the pressures of raising one family while paying child support for another, knocks the wind out of spoiled brat idealists in a hurry.

You think you are a revolutionary, when in fact the revolution is over. You're really a reactionary hoping that a 19th century delusion might really hold water after having murdered 100 milliion innocent people and which is now rotting like a corpse in a Florida swamp in August.

You might consult with Brimstone. You more than likely wouldn't want to live next door to me.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   
you have a nice way of turning everything into communist conspiracy dont you Grady...it must be all those years of american educational system that are really paying of

i kid man, i agree with you, but i understand the kids, they have nothing to look forward too....too bad most of them probably dont know what theyre protesting anyway.

good pics Shauny, its why i like ATS, the up close and personal feeling

[edit on 5-7-2005 by nukunuku]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join