It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost 9000 Dead U.S. Soldiers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luxifero
I'm finding something quite disturbing here; those who denounce these numbers of dead soliders as biased gross exagerations based around speculative dogma seem to contrive nothing but thier own speculation to contest the numbers.

Not true.
1. It's based on who and how we're fighting, the length of time we've been there, our equipment/armor vs. their weapons, reporters from all over the world, the fact that it's impossible (period) to hide that many deaths in this day and age, etc.

2. It seems the ones who agree with the numbers, seem to agree on them simply based solely on their hatred of the Bush adminstration. That's the disturbing part. There is no evidence at all to support the idea that the number is that high.

Personaly, I would not doubt such claims as this current administration is one of dubious accord.

What part of the numbers don't come from the Bush camp is so hard to understand?
I don't know how to put it in terms easier to comprehend...

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
for some reason it seems that the argument is not over the numbers but, how they divy them up so as to not look as bad to the public........................................................well, if you have faith in the honesty of the govt..then this is all a mute point

unfortunatly most injured troops that come back are probably not thinking about wheather or not thier name is on the 'official casualty' list ......not to mention the families of those who have died in iraq.

a troop dies on the ground in iraq or a troop wounded on the ground in iraq dies in a hospital in germany or on a plane....they are a casualty of war. the only reason to hide..or..to make such a distiction...would be to ....... what? ? ?

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The fact that a draft bill is being talked about again would indicate that American forces are spread thin enough to leave them open for attack by an Iraqi freedom fighter or Tim Osman (Bin Laden).

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I don't think there is need for a draft unless recruiting rates keep going down. Anyway in Iraq we have enough troops to keep supporting the Iraqis.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Anyway in Iraq we have enough troops to keep supporting the Iraqis.

Says the person who is not on the ground in Iraq
We are supposed to "take your word for it"?

I don't think so.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Says the person who is not on the ground in Iraq
We are supposed to "take your word for it"?

Actually say the commanders on the ground in Iraq, yesterday on CNN they had an interview with General Abize about the number of troops on the ground. He said they have enough to support the Iraqis an keep doing the operations they are doing now, however he said if they wanted to shut down Iraqi borders they would need more troops in Iraqi.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Why on earth do you think the American media would be all over it? Are you serious? Think twice before your beloved[crappy] Fox news broadcasts thats over 9000 have died in Iraq. Anyone seen Fareinheight 9/11? Michael Moore showed that the government has covered up these deaths and he backed it up with EVIDENCE SO DON"T DISREGARD IT. Also it it probaly fairly easy to conceal the deaths. I mean if back in ww2 Asutralia lied about the number of deaths in the Darwin bombings , figure over 200 dead, they said only 12 died and they got away with it. They only released the real figure after the war. Now if an Australian government during the 40's could conceal a death count 20 times the size of the real one I'm sure the US governmetn in 2005 could conceal a death count 9 times the size of the real one.

And you say that why don't the families voice their outrage? Fact of the matter is they have! There has been protests of the mothers of sons in the war but of course this doesn't get broadcasted, you really think the government wouldn't take an easy option and bribe stations to conceal stuff? Ever heard of censoring? The US has one of the highest levels of censoring television in the world!

So now you tell me this can't be true?

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Moore's Fahrenheit 911 has got more holes in it then a tin can that has been shot by a shotgun.

But hey, no problemo though right?
Everyone is entitled to believe what they will.
As such, would Mr. Moore like to provide some hard evidence(s) as to the claims and assertions that the "9000 dead US soldiers" is anywhere close to being legit?

Afterall, that is the topic, not Mr. Moore and Fahrenheit 911....

seekerof

[edit on 4-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
He backed it up with government files.....there you go now get out of that one.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
THERE'S NO HOLE IN HIS MOVIE, INTHE MOVIE HE SHOWS BUSH JR AND UNICAL 76 REPRESENTATIVES MEETING THE TALIBAN DOESN'T HE? I NEED AN answer seeker?

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Ya seeker you just pull out a statement but don't back it up with facts. Stop wasting your words on things like "it's got more holes in it than a tin can being shot by a shotgun". That actually seems like something bush would say.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Here are the numbers and the names and home state of soldiers killed. The lists all roughly show 1800 dead depending on when they are updated.

Casualties in Iraq: www.antiwar.com...
AntiWar.com: www.antiwar.com...
Daily DoD Casualty Release: www.defenselink.mil...

Can anyone produce valid verifiable names of service men & women killed in Iraqi that do not appear on these lists to back up these serious claims that those who died on route to hospitals or base in Germany and were not counted because they were not in Iraq?

I have a brother in law who is a US military Chaplin and he said that this story is completely false and he should know a lot about the dead soldiers because he gets the great job of going to the families on base and giving them the news.

We had many events here in Columbus OH over the 4th that honored every single servicemen who has died in Iraq since the beginning of the war. Ohio has a tremendous amount of men and women serving in the armed forces and families here take it every serious so and you can bet is this story was true the state would be in an uproar over it.

[edit on 4-7-2005 by zerotime]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Please man think BIGGER, you have ONE brother not 5-600 one Chaplen ain't gonna see all 9000 or eve 1800 soilders, o.k.!! if you disagree with the 9000 your also saying the German hospital lied cuz they said them selves the've treated 24,000 wounded, do the math man, at leaset 5-6000 of those most probably have died, and thats an educated military guess not "SiberianTiger" trying to make people believe wrong. www.tbrnews.org...

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

I'm growing increasing pissed at all this conjecture and assertions based on some half crackpot source which got his information from another fully crackpot source, etc. :shk:

My take: Put up or shut up. Simple as that.

This is an interesting aggressive position to take on.

I admit that I feel the same, at times, in another way.

The Bush administration is an unreliable, lying, crackpot government with no redeeming features.

And we know how reliable its sources have been vis-a-vis the trumped-up reasons for marching into an illegal, criminal, self-serving war.

Crackpot government with crackpot sources, exclaiming "Bring it on" to get more soldiers killed and "You're either with us or against us" to divide Americans and divide the world.

Anybody on the of side the Bush administration by definition has used LIES and CRACKPOT SOURCES to justify whatever tenuous defence they have of this criminal "president" and the administration's war profiteering cronies.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiberianTiger
Please man think BIGGER, you have ONE brother not 5-600 one Chaplen ain't gonna see all 9000 or eve 1800 soilders, o.k.!! if you disagree with the 9000 your also saying the German hospital lied cuz they said them selves the've treated 24,000 wounded, do the math man, at leaset 5-6000 of those most probably have died, and thats an educated military guess not "SiberianTiger" trying to make people believe wrong. www.tbrnews.org...

If you believe that 9000 more service men and women are dead then prove it by providing some real names and location of where the families can be contacted. We all live in communities here with many servicemen. How is it possible that none of these 9000 dead are from Ohio? If they are from Ohio then who are they and where can their families by found? Ohio is a state of thousands of very small towns. If there were dead servicemen not being counted people would know about it. This doesn't change if I CAPITALIZE some WORDS IN mY sentences. It comes down to providing the evidence. You keep screaming that this story is real yet all you can provide is some flimsy Internet links to other stories that also cannot provide real names or evidence. But hey, we all know the Internet does lie right? Show us the evidence? Names / Locations please....

[edit on 4-7-2005 by zerotime]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Those 24, 000 wounded they treated also include soldiers that were wounded too badly to stay in Iraq, healed and went back. There are many wounds that they ship them to Germany for that aren't even close to life threatening, but are too severe to keep them in Iraq, and after being treated, they return to their units to finish out their tour. That's why you can't say "They treated 24, 000 AT LEAST 6,000 had to have died." I agree, if you KNOW that 9,000+ are dead, where are the names/locations for them.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Why on earth would the Government willingly release documents regarding military casualties. The only reason Morre got hold of them is becasue he sent undercover operatives and challenged the constitution on the release of the documents.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Oh, I see. They were able to find out that there were 9000 dead, but not a SINGLE name or location of where that soldier died, or was born or anything else at all. THAT certainly will make me believe.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
OH MY YOU GuYS ARE SO IGNORANT READ POST GEEZ! GOVERNMENTS JUST DON"T GO AROUND SAYING THE AWFUL TRuTH ABOUT WAR< WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY DO THAT! COME ON STOP SAYING THE SAME POINTS OVER AND OVER< I BET HALF THE TIME PEOPLE JUST WANT A FEW EXTRA CREDITS TO BUY A COLOURED BACKGROUND.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The government also isn't going to just keep a paper saying "There are 9000 dead soldiers in Iraq." They are going to have a CASUALTY LIST saying where, when, and how every single soldier was killed. Is that so hard to understand?? Now if they can get undercover and find out there were 9000 soldiers killed, why couldn't the find a copy of the casualty list at the same time? Or even write down a few names?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join