It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creation vs Evolution is pointless.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragiero
How is the idea of something being created an uneducated opinion, and does the same go for evolution? If not then how can you test evolution?

It's uneducated because it lacks evidence. It has ZERO evidence in its favor.

Read the links I posted, they prove evolution. Evolution is FACT, creationism is a fairy tale by people who can't cope with logic and rationality.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I'll have to watch the video later. I this libraries computer won't let me on youtube.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

If not then how can you test evolution?

Many ways. For example you can make predictions. I predict that we'll never find 500 million year old fossilized humans or rabbits. If such thing is ever found consider modern synthesis falsified.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
If any of you had a functional brain. You would all understand that Genesis is actually all about evolution. Don't you people understand what you read?

I already know that religious believers don't. They still believe God created everything even though God specifically says he didn't.

The only thing God did physically was to move upon the face of the waters. From there on in, everything evolved. God even said so him self in Genesis chapter 1.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Logic and rationality!?!? Are you telling me that the unimaginable complexity of DNA can be altered from one species to another by the mere enviroment!?!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Logic and rationality!?!? Are you telling me that the unimaginable complexity of DNA can be altered from one species to another by the mere enviroment!?!

Now you start to understand

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
In the beginning GOD created the heavens and the earth. Sounds like he specifically said he did. It was the holy sprit that was above the waters.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

In the beginning GOD created the heavens and the earth. Sounds like he specifically said he did. It was the holy sprit that was above the waters.

If you read chapter two. You will figure out that God is creating heaven and earth in chapter 1. So heaven and earth did not exist in verse 1.

I didn't expect anyone to understand what they read.

If you had knowledge about science. You would also know what verse 2 is saying about verse 1.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
That doesn't make sense! We are talking about a system of highy organized structures transforming themselves entirely into something else. What exactly is the force behind this, and don't say natural selection because that only works within the gene pool.

link   
Give me the biblical reference.

link   
reply to post by Dragiero

You seriously believe that some desert people who lived some thousands of years ago know better how everything came to be than present day scientists?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

That doesn't make sense! We are talking about a system of highy organized structures transforming themselves entirely into something else. What exactly is the force behind this, and don't say natural selection because that only works within the gene pool.

Incorrect.

Highly organized structures are just trying to survive and make babies. They aren't attempting transformation into anything. Nature selects which highly organized structures make it. Change in highly organized structures follows (change rises from gene pools).

[edit on 24-5-2010 by rhinoceros]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

There is EVIDENCE supporting exactly that.

It is beyond me how anyone can criticize evolution (in the process disregarding or misinterpreting all the evidence) yet believe in a theory that has ZERO proof. I mean, what do you base your statement on? Don't say "the bible" because the bible is full of contradictions, and was written by MEN.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Give me the biblical reference.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Chapter 2. verse 1.

Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

Verse 2 in chapter 1. Explains that heaven and earth didn't exist.

If you have knowledge about science you would know this right away.

Verse 2.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

If you read and understand everything you will also see that everything evolves in steps. But you have to add in your knowledge about science to figure it out.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Not that I care what it says in genesis but the literal translation goes like this:

In the beginning of God`s preparing the heavens and the earth
the earth hath existed waste and void, and darkness is on the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God fluttering on the face of the waters,

So yeah. According to genesis Earth already existed before God.

source:
hebrewoldtestament.com...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
If evolution happens based on the environment, how did the environment get there?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros
reply to post by spy66

Not that I care what it says in genesis but the literal translation goes like this:

In the beginning of God`s preparing the heavens and the earth
the earth hath existed waste and void, and darkness is on the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God fluttering on the face of the waters,

source:

No that is just according to your own view. And your view is all wrong.

And its wrong because you dont care and you have put no effort into even trying to understand any of it.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
No that is just according to your own view. And your view is all wrong.

And its wrong because you dont care and you have put no effort into even trying to understand any of it.

How is my view wrong? It clearly states that in the beginning when God was about to start the magic stuff Earth already existed (as waste and void).

PS. I'll not argue this particular issue further as it's pointless. It's like arguing where Santa Claus lives (Korvatunturi btw is the place).

PPS. Quoting King James version is plain wrong as the text has mutated. If you want to quote bible you need to go for literal translations.

It's the same with New Testament stuff as this mighty interesting article about Jesus explains.

Here's a nice quote from it:

“Son of God,” and may merely be Aramaic for “folks like us.”

[edit on 24-5-2010 by rhinoceros]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros
reply to post by spy66

source:

WRONG SIR!!!!!! If you would take the time to read the gospel of St. John, the beloved Disciple, you would read: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God. He (Jesus) was in the beginning with God." (John 1:1-2 New Revisited Standard Version) So God pre-exists the world. Next time, do the homework before slamming down on Creationists.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It's still just a story book written by men...a book that was rewritten, edited, translated, re-translated, and modified dozens if not hundreds of times. It's not evidence or proof of anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join