It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this saucer Real or Fake??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
On a more reasonable note; i found this photo of a interesting craft.
All i know is that its called "SkyShip".

Does anyone know what year this photo was made?

Is it fake or real?

Can anyone verify it?

Thanks for your input.

Heres a photo of the "Craft"

img.photobucket.com...

i dont remember where i found the photo; but im aware its quite rare as i havent seen it more than once.
if anyone can tell us if its fake or real; and what it is; thanks alot

also i dont know how to work photos on ATS yet...so im going to try another link in case the one above didnt work

What is it??

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Looks like a fake drawing to me.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
also while were investigating that one photo

can anyone debunk this photo also?

it fits in the ufo section because well; if the photo is real than cloaking tech is probably alien derived *speculation*

anyways
is this cloaked jet fake or real?

it Could be real because this is proven to be real on the worldwide media
cloaking jacket

thanks for helping me debunk or verify the 'Skyship'
and the allegedly "cloaked jet"

interesting stuff

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The "cloaked" jet is an old gag... It rained, the jet was moved, it looked funny, so the ground crew had a little photo op fun, hehe....

I'll check on the skyship for you...I seem to remember something about it, but it obviously looks like a derigible...

EDIT: This flying saucer was designed by the British firm, Airship Industries... Date unknown (probably in the 1950s/1960s).

It was a prototype, supposedly to revolutionalize air travel, though the specs didn't seem impressive...I'd wager the timeline in even earlier. Can't find too much more on it right now, leaving work and all...

[edit on 10-6-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
aniways the saucers have u know English word and well u know wat brings that to u in yer head. but its pretty cool to make some alien saucer in yer garage.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
interesting info gazrok where did u find it?

i did a google and got unrelated things
couldnt find the photo or anything about it

do you know what propulsion it has? you said it looked like a derigible are you saying it might be like a hot-air balloon , blimp, or zepplin in a way?

well; ive had this pic as my desktop for months

ive noticed alot about it over the passing weeks...
and ive grown curious about it

ill point some interesting things out that i can gather from the photo itself

the red arrow==> is showing a strange metallic "ring" around the entire craft; and this ring has hundreds of "holes" in it

blue arrows ==> strange metallic rod - type fixtures protrude from this "metallic ring with holes"

green arrow ==> what the heck is this spherical type object?
is it a Radar ? a Balloon or Blimp type object? do you think it may have something to do with the skyship?

dark red circle /arrows ==> what is going on here? theres a long "wall" with a tarp over it , maybe plastic
theres two guys there

pink arrows ==> what are these objects?
for some weird weird reason; it looks like a Clothes Hanger with alot of clothes or suits on it LOL
and the two 'poles' look maybe like "hollywood lights" or something you might find on a movie-set
notice they are equal or taller than the height of the two men

also a really good question is; Is there anything this "skyship" is hanging from? or is it simply floating?
because its definatly not sitting on the ground!

edit : forgot pic LOL

[edit on 10-6-2005 by muzzleflash]

jra

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I think the original photo is a conceptual painting that's placed over a photo. So the aircraft is painted but the rest of it is a photo. That's what it looks like to me.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
According to this source:

In an airship hangar at Cardington, England, on April 17, 1975, a 30 foot diameter scale model of the projected Skyship airship was demonstrated by designer John West. He planned to produce a 200-foot diameter machine with a 6-10 ton payload, and eventually a 400-ton cargo-carrying version.

It would have a range of up to 1,000 miles and speed of about 100 m.p.h. The shape was intended to minimise the effect of ground winds and allow for a good load distribution. Vectored thrust from its fan jets would be used for docking. Low operating costs would make it a suitable transport for use in Third World countries.

Weird Wings - Skyship

seekerof

[edit on 10-6-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
wow thanks seekerof

interesting indeed

it says it was an airship? so does this mean it was like a huge balloon type craft?
im guessing they filled it w/helium ?
and is this consistant with the metallic ring w/holes and the metal rods??
im no expert that is why i enquire

its nice to know it is real; but why hasnt anyone tried to explain ufo sightings as explainable by the Skyship program?
ive never heard anyone suggest that before
if i saw this SkyShip fly over my house i could easily mistake it for a "flying sacuer" heck i would be right; it IS a flying saucer!

it claims the skyship was going to haul cargo...
dare i ask where? obviously inside ya but; is the inside of the ship compartmentalized ?
also is there a "pilots seat" of the sorts?

this is definatly an interesting case and i will post any further info i can find on it; ive been trying unsuccessfuly a bit today to try and dig some up ill keep looking

also ; i still wonder about the other things in the photo
like the 'cloths hanger' and the 'hollywood lights' and the 'wall with a tarp over it'

there is alot of interesting things in this particular case

especially the part how few of us know about this type of thing

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It doesn't look like it's a baloon, and it's got holes in it. Wouldn't it deflate or something?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
It doesn't look like it's a baloon, and it's got holes in it. Wouldn't it deflate or something?

after letting this sink into my head for , idk, 3+ years ive come to a few conclusions

#1 - the photo is 100% real
#2 - if its a balloon its very advanced since it has holes in it and its not deflating
#3 - no one knows barely anything about it
#4 - there is almost no information to be found about it
#5 - I think its what we see and call "Flying Saucer" , but due to the date, I have to assume it wasnt the first "saucer" to fly in the skies

After 3+ years I now think this is a legit photo of a real "Saucer" and due to its secrecy (this is a very unheard of topic) , i am led to believe this may be the real deal here folks

And ive never said that about ANY UFO photo.
Until now.

Ill say it one more time, I think this is the REAL DEAL here folks.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
According to this source:
In an airship hangar at Cardington, England, on April 17, 1975, a 30 foot diameter scale model of the projected Skyship airship was demonstrated by designer John West. He planned to produce a 200-foot diameter machine with a 6-10 ton payload, and eventually a 400-ton cargo-carrying version.

the source claims they only made the 30ft diameter model

but look at the photo closely, look at the two men in the bottom

lets assume they are say 5ft tall.

that would make this ship the 200foot diameter model (its way bigger than 6 human lengths!)

so either the source wasnt accurate or , they built the bigger one and didnt tell anyone about it

[edit on 8-1-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
The picture looks like it was taken in a blimp hanger with a long scoffolding wall draped in fabric to boot. I think it's a playful joke. The underside of the ship looks like fabric to me.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
The picture looks like it was taken in a blimp hanger with a long scoffolding wall draped in fabric to boot. I think it's a playful joke. The underside of the ship looks like fabric to me.

please read the sources, its not a joke

its legit, the british govt admitted to it as well as the company that built it Airship Industries

i agree the underside appears to be a form of fabric or plastic sheet, but then agian, that would suggest there is a large skeleton on the inside to keep its structure stable
but isnt that alot of weight for a balloon?

then agian, if its made of secret composits we dont know about...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
It is 100% real, you are right about that. It was a disc shaped airship, helium filled, and was part of an attempt to return the large dirigible airship to commercial service. The 'cloth' like covering is the same sort of stuff you see weather balloons made from, for lightness, and the photo was taken inside the Cardington Airship shed where the diastrous R101 Airship ("the flying Titianic") was constructed in 1930.

Airship Industries went to be be quite successful with the smaller and much more conventional looking Skyship 600, a version of which was supplied to the US Navy.

Sadly the big lenticular ship went no further. But it WAS real, so all those who claimed it was a fake image have made themselves look a little foolish. Not for the first time.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Its a drawing of this

Russia's UFO-Style Airship: Locomoskyner

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
#2 - if its a balloon its very advanced since it has holes in it and its not deflating

I don't see any reason to believe it has holes in it. The black "port holes" could be decals, or it could have material deeper inside that closes up to give the illusion of a hole. Its looks to me like its a Photoshop job but also that they wanted it shown in an old zepplin/blimp hangar meaning it would have been pumped with helium.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

i dont remember where i found the photo; but im aware its quite rare as i havent seen it more than once.

Of course its rare. If YOU haven't seen it more than once, then there's NO WAY anyone else could've seen it more than once either, especially considering you've done enough research to forget where you found the photo.

if anyone can tell us if its fake or real; and what it is; thanks alot

If i tell you it's real will you make us all a promise to post your next thread with maybe a teeny bit of research on content next time?

also i dont know how to work photos on ATS yet...so im going to try another link in case the one above didnt work

You know, you could always ASK one of us, before posting. Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Its called a gondola.. Its fitted on the outside of the air chamber by the looks of it.

#3 - no one knows barely anything about it
#4 - there is almost no information to be found about it

Probably because it is old and uninteresting. Its a blimp!

the source claims they only made the 30ft diameter model

but look at the photo closely, look at the two men in the bottom

lets assume they are say 5ft tall.

that would make this ship the 200foot diameter model (its way bigger than 6 human lengths!)

Or maybe the blimp is closer to the camera than the men. That would also explain the lighting on the left side of the blimp, that is missing on the men.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
hm , basic research took < 1 minuite

top topics

<<   2 >>

join