It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: US Army Recruiter Charged With Raping Applicant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Staff Sgt. George O. Kirkman and US Army recruiter has been accused of raping an applicant. The U.S. Army recruiter is being held on $50,000 bond and has been suspended until the outcome of the investigation. This comes one day before the Army suspended recruiting efforts.

www.sun-sentinel.com
A U.S. Army recruiter accused of raping a woman who was interested in joining the military remained in the Alachua County Jail on $50,000 bond Saturday.

Kirkman has been suspended pending the outcome of the criminal investigation, said Ted Jones, spokesman for the Jacksonville Army Recruiting Battalion. He may be transferred to the Army's custody on Monday. It could not be determined if he had a lawyer.

According to Gainesville police Detective Joe Mayo, the 20-year-old woman said she had gone to Kirkman's apartment Thursday to take a recruiting exam on a computer. The two were reviewing the woman's test scores and sitting on Kirkman's bed when he raped her, according to an arrest report.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Police has discovered that Kirkman brought other applicants home to take the recruiting exam on his computer, a direct violation of the US Army policy.

This is just one story of a string of recruiter abuse scandals that have surfaced over the past few months.

A recruiter in Houston threatened to imprison a potential candidate if he backed out of enlisting.

Another recruiter in Colorado offered information of fake drivers license, and false high-school diplomas and ways to evade drug test in order to increase military enlistment.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Don't you think it's extraordinairily dumb, on the brink of impossibility, to agree to take a test in the recruiter's bedroom? Does it not raise a red flag of any sort?

The perpetrator of the rape should be tried etc, but it makes me wonder what the parties' motives were.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This doesnt surprise me, i had a recruiter threaten to bomb my house if my brother did not join. Since then we have made all recruiters stay the hell away from us.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I don't believe that a recruiter threaten to bomb your house.
It's a lame joke.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
No, i had it tape recorded and were going to take it to his commander about it. we decided to let it drop. I am not joking. This guy was talking about using some kind of missile etc. This was all because they guy had been harassing us and i think my mom just hung up on him so he was pissed.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
"You can take the test at my place for practice and we can go over your answers so that when you take it for real, you'll know what the answers are." Doesn't seem that crazy getting her to come over to his place.

Remember, recruiters really try to befriend you and personalize the whole effort.

Zip

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

This guy was talking about using some kind of missile

The last time i checked you can't find missles at the hardware store.

Second, If someone..I dont care who threatens you, your brother and your family...you not gonna call the 5-0 on him? why not....That'ss your own fault, if it is true you could have stopped a potential threat who could have killed other people....again...that's if it's true

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
XphilesPhan,
If you actually have a tape recording of this, I strongly suggest that you not only take it to his commander but also to your local police department as it would be a terroristic threat.
I would ask you one thing though. What caused you to record this conversation? What prompted you? Was there a prior problem?
I myself find it hard to believe your pposting although I am not dismissing it.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
This guys gonna get thrown to the wolves. Who does he think he is.......Kobe Bryant????

Peace

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Yeah, I think we should call Xphiles' bluff. If there is a tape, it'd be fun to send this recruiter turned terrorist, far away for some R&R. If not, let's put his to rest.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
yes, it's true. But the guy said it out of anger so we decided to let it go. I dont think he would have done anything, he was just upset because he was trying to get recruits and i think he thought my mom was interferring.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

But the guy said it out of anger so we decided to let it go. I dont think he would have done anything

If you think he was BSing you then why (read quote below)

Since then we have made all recruiters stay the hell away from us.

One guy threatens you and your family and you stamp all recruiters the same.

Maybe it's better your Bro did not join.....if he's willing to let some guy threaten him and your household like that then we don't him.

Why the tapes???

[edit on 23/5/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Again though, What was the cause of you even taping the conversation? Something prior to those statements had to have occured as it is not normal behavior to just record conversations (unles you are a president LOL) for no reason.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Aelita I don't believe that a recruiter threaten to bomb your house.
It's a lame joke.

I do not believe it either.

XphilesPhan No, i had it tape recorded and were going to take it to his commander about it. we decided to let it drop. I am not joking. This guy was talking about using some kind of missile etc.

You had a tape and yet you dropped it, that alone is beyond belief considering the fact you stated he threatened to use a missile which makes it funnier yet

[edit on 5/23/2005 by shots]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I'm not sure how this thread got so far off topic. And as you can see I'm not a mod, but I don't want to have a mod get on this thread and proclaim it's 'off-topic'. So...

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
From the article

According to Gainesville police Detective Joe Mayo, the 20-year-old woman said she had gone to Kirkman's apartment Thursday to take a recruiting exam on a computer. The two were reviewing the woman's test scores and sitting on Kirkman's bed when he raped her, according to an arrest report.

Just a thought, but perhaps he told her she flunked and then she cried rape......

Something to think about, stranger things have happened, i.e. Kobe Brayant. Look at that girl she turned out to be a girl that had sex with anyone at the flip of a coin, well that is until she met Kobe and saw the dollar signs

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Why is this different from hundreds of rapes and sexual assaults happening even right now?

Because it's got the US military in it. Because it can be spun for local and worldwide political advantage.

What's interesting is, if the government and military actually was as good at "suppressing" and controlling the Media ( as liberal lapdogs claim whenever their beloved Media is caught lying out their collective derriere ) then this story wouldn't have gotten out.

[edit on 23-5-2005 by Phugedaboudet]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phugedaboudet
Why is this different from hundreds of rapes and sexual assaults happening even right now?

Because it's got the US military in it. Because it can be spun for local and worldwide political advantage.

Hey listen, everybody and anybody can be expected to hold our Army members to a higher standard than laypeople. They are vested with the authority to dish out deadly force when it is in the interests of the United States. This right to kill is a priviledge given to those who can hold a higher moral ground. Soldiers who neglect their dury or otherwise betray the trust vested in them by the society should answer to the fullest extent, and I don't see anything wrong with media coverage either.

Sorry dude, take you anti-liberal stance elsewhere.

[edit on 23-5-2005 by Aelita]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Hey listen, everybody and anybody can be expected to hold our Army members to a higher standard than laypeople.States

Yes, I agree....Officially he is just another joe...but in the eyes of the people is and should be held to a higher standard.

They are vested with the authority to dish out deadly force

As for this...where did you learn this at? In the states as far as the law is concerned they are just another joe. Unless they're MP's on base or something....and it's even tougher overseas. (Iraq excluded from the statement)

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB

They are vested with the authority to dish out deadly force

As for this...where did you learn this at? In the states as far as the law is concerned they are just another joe. Unless they're MP's on base or something....and it's even tougher overseas. (Iraq excluded from the statement)

No, I meant explicitely in a combat situation. Of course soldiers don't have the right or authority to just kill... I meant in a broader context, as a solemn duty to protect the US.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join