It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam Ready to Sue Over Photos (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Saddam Huessein's chief legal representative has told the press that the former Butcher of Baghdad will take legal action over the publication of half-naked photos by Britain's tabloid paper, The Sun. Ziad Al-Khasawneh claims his legal team is prepared to sue the newspaper, as well as anyone who "helped in the showing of these pictures." The United States government has launched an investigation into the leaking and subsequent publication of embarrassing photos of Saddam, as well as henchman "Chemical" Ali. Leagal experts have said that the release of these photos constitutes a violation of the Geneva Convention, which protects Prisoners of War from "public curiosity," among other things.

news.bbc.co.uk
Saddam Hussein plans to take legal action after a British newspaper published photos of him half-naked in his prison cell and doing his washing.
"We will sue the newspaper and everyone who helped in showing these pictures," said Saddam Hussein's chief lawyer Ziad Al-Khasawneh, speaking from Jordan.

The Sun newspaper said it would fight any legal action and said it planned to publish more photos on Saturday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If someone inside our government took it upon themselves to release these photos without permission from above, then I hope they are caught and punished. With all of the bad press we are receiving in the Arab Media, the last thing we need is to give them more ammunition. It has been said that the person who released these photos intended for them to strike a blow to the unsurgency's moral. How anyone in their right mind would think that the foreign fighters our troops are facing would even care about a half-naked Saddam just boggles my mind. While I doubt these photos will lead to any wide-scale protests or inspire any terror attacks, it's still bad publicity that we don't need at a time like this.

Related News Links:
observer.guardian.co.uk
apnews.myway.com
apnews.myway.com

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
While there has already been a story posted regarding Saddam's photos, and President Bush's reaction to their publication, I felt that Saddam Huessein intending to sue those involved deserved it's own thread. It opens the door to several additional discussions regarding his legal standing, the condition he is being kept in, and so on. I'm new to this as a contributor, so I hope everyone will give me a chance and bear with me as I learn the ropes here. Thanks!

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I expected nothing less. I'd sue also, if photos got around of me wearing tighty whities while I was incarcerated and there was nothing I could do about it...

Not much else to say, really. Saddam has rights.

Zip

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Please tell me you're kidding. This man is less releveant than cat puke. Remember the atrocities he committed? Giant meat grinders that fed LIVING HUMANS into them for a long torturouse demise. Oh poor Saddam - he has a picture of him in his underwear - what an atrocity... ARY YOU F'in KIDDING ME? IMHO he should be dead already - a pay per view event. This SOB killed men, women, and CHILDREN. He gassed hundreds, if not thousands of his own countrymen. If one penny - ONE PENNY is spent on this travesty of "judicial law" then it is truly a sad day. I have had enough of this BS.
Too bad Doc Horacid is banned, I would love to get his take on this.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Superdude I'm with you this man is a complete maniac and plus he shouldnt complain because what happened to him happens to everyone that has any popularity (good or bad) in this country. He isn't the first to be put in a picture that makes a joke of him, does anyone see those magazines on the racks in Supermarkets?

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This makes me laugh. Since the press does not have to release their sources how on earth are they going to know who took the pictures to start with? It could have been an American or Iraqi for all anyone knows.

Men are shown in their underwear everyday in the media, what makes Sad Man So special?

Tabloids/Paparazzi have printed these types of photos for decades and the plaintiffs lost the lawsuit in virtually all of them. Once you are famous as far as the press is concerned you are far game and have to live with it.

No doubt the lawsuit was the lawyers idea to start with since they are only in it for the money, Sad mans money that is. Oh wait check that, I meant to say money stolen from the Iraqi people.

His chances of wining are zip - zero - nadda, far worse pictures have been published and they lost.

[edit on 5/22/2005 by shots]

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I hate seing him in Phots like that. But allthough the government said that his actions were of the past, the familys children that he burnt alive in boiling oil and pulled out there eyes ect wont forget so easily.

top topics

join