It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for the next step in the evolution of this online community.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
ok I've voted and I can say it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.
A couple of names I could do straight away but for the rest I had to go through several the forums and look at who posted in which sections, their quanity of posting and their quality.

Who would think democracy was so difficult

[edit on 19-5-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
ok I've voted and I can say it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.
A couple of names I could do straight away but for the rest I had to go through several the forums and looked at who posted in which sections, their quanity of posting and their quality.

Who would think democracy was so difficult

I had to the same thing. I just hope the people I picked were really worth it and I didn't just happen to stumble across a lucky post... Well, I'm sure they'd do better in their section than others I could've picked.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
it seems like a good idea...lets hope the "power" doesnt go up the elected's minds... once i dont know anyone THAT well, i will pass on the voting --this time--

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Seeing as everyone can vote for him/herself and you can vote for one person more then once.... I am worried that everyone will vote for him/herself in every category.

That would be pretty funny..... everyone that votes wins.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I think members would be selling themselves and the community short if they choose to do silly things with the voting, like nominating themselves for all the category.

Think about each position, think about all the members you interact with and then choose the best person for the position.

Members are being given the opportunity to make what they want of this experiment, use it wisely and vote for people who benefit us all.

[edit on 5-19-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If nothing else, I nominated other people; I'm sure others did the same too. While I'd like to have a go as the "X" council person, I seriously doubt that I've made enough of a name for myself around here to really stand out well enough in those forums, let alone the other ones. WW is right, and that's what I tried to do. It's difficult though; as I said above and as UK Wizard said, I don't really follow many of the other forums well enough to know who's a good choice for them. For all I know, the people I nominated could be the worst thing to happen to ATS...

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This just came to mind, hehe...

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Hehe, thats a great pic Gazrok. I hope we actually use it, be a shame for it go to waste.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
w0w...

this is major news...

well...

vote for me

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I would like to see more reforms that i've suggested on : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Any, i guess this is a step in that direction

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I don't know if I like the idea of the mods being elected StealthSpy. It would be too easy for "campaigning" to get in the way of mod'ing. As far as recalling them, I think if the staff get enough complaints against a mod they will do something about it. I would also think the converse of that is true--if they get enough suggestions for a member to be made a mod, then they'll consider it. Of course, this is all speculation, but it seems that it would be the best way to run the community.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This new venture is going to be a hard one to fill...........especially when is not a list from where to chose from.

I will have to visit all the forums and see what is available, we have so many new memebers that is dificult to keep track.

Occurs older members are easier to pick after interacting for a while.

Just in case I missed something........do we have a list?

[edit on 19-5-2005 by marg6043]

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Yeah... still wondering...no one's answered my question. Why are the debate and writing forums not represented?

DE

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Yeah... still wondering...no one's answered my question. Why are the debate and writing forums not represented?

DE

My guess is those boards are most likely listed as one of the etc.'s for some reason. They probably should be marked a little more clearly though, maybe even with their own district. I'm still waiting for an answer to my question about the length of the nomination period myself
I guess I'm just impatient on this--this is one of the most exciting things that I've seen in a while. I guess that means I need to get out a little more often...

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
I for one dont wish another return of GD.

Actually, this seems to have the potential to go south of GD. I laughed at some of the stuff on those threads, from both sides. The tone just got a little intense at times. With SO's "more than a website" in mind, this could turn very serious.

It also has the potential for greatness. Hopefully, its potential will be realized and ATS will become even better for it.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
I would toss MY hat into the ring as well ~IF~ anybody wanted my help, for I truly LOVE this place...but I would have to be one of the 'wherever needed folks'......since I am all over the board with no real favorite forum.......
...a little of this, a little of that...I like my conspiracys varied in topic and flavor!

Long ~LIVE~ ATS ! ! ! ! !

Toss your hat RiverGoddess! You have at least one vote you can count on!

Long ~LIVE~ ATS ! ! ! ! !

Wow sigung, I am so flattered, your so kind

Thank you VERY much.....
.....no matter WHAT happens, this alone brightens up my day!

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Okay, just to show my newbie stripes, what do you guys mean by GD?

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
ive had a good post history, never been warned except for quoting warns, been here for awhile, So Vote for Me!!!! even though i doubt i will be nominated.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I think the *type* of warns should be a factor. Rather, the number of applause should be more of a tiebreaker.

I've had bollocks warns. Those warns should not count against me.

Vote DeltaNine. Or go to the Gulug.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Relatively good plan IMO.

I definitly don't expect my self to be ellected, i'm hardly ever mentioned and I only seem to spout non-sense in most forums besides the Aliens forums and sometimes I have something to say in the Aircraft Projects and Weaponry forums but that's about it, i'm always the person that seems to merge with the background it seems and is never noticed, AFAIK I have never been voted for WATS, got any applause or even got a writer status or what have you.

Since I received little recognition to be contributions I have not been as active as I used to be, I have been busy on the background with my own projects but I feel reluctant to come here and post since there is little new for me to share and there are a whole bunch of repeat topics or just plain junk.

I'm sorry for my whining as it will be labled, but i'm growing tired for being the outsider here, I thought I found "my" kind of crowd that would think alot like me, but I was sadly disapointed.

BACK TO TOPIC: I will pick out members from the forum that deserve recognition for their contribtions, I will take a good time to sellect the right people.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join